“I should have slept in my car!” 1 of 5 stars

Chippewa Motel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1114 East Broadway Street, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #74 of 79 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“I should have slept in my car!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

If you are going to stay here make sure you bring some disinfectant! The rooms are soooo gross! Had to pee so I ran into the room..... Bathroom door didn't shut properly, the toilet had brown stains in it, the toilet paper holder was broken there were dead flies on the floor, my daughter was first to try the shower and there was no hot water there was mold in the shower... That is JUST the bathroom!! I figure someone must have died in there because there were that many flies! Fly guts all over the place, hard beds, nasty disgusting carpet, chips and holes in the furniture, no clock, rotten something in the refrigerater some kind of nasty spill in the microwave, one tiny garbage... In a family suite.... Are you kidding me!?! In the morning the breakfast was not much... They didn't have much of a variety and they didn't have a lot of food period! They ran out of fruit, juice, pastries, bread, and the packaged little Debbie's that they were serving! They had a waffle maker that took 3 minutes to make a waffle and one lady made like 10 waffles so I couldn't give my kids that! The waffle batter was watered down too! There were tons of people coming in for the breakfast and they never once came to refill it! The clerk at checkout was gone at checkout time! ThAt is the busiest part of the day, why would you leave your counter empty?!? I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone! It should be shut down!! Stay away!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear TeenaBoBina, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boscobel, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I couldn't believe it!!! The pictures on line look like it's a nice motel- these pictures are very decieving. We got there and checked into our room. The room stunk and the carpet was filthy dirty, stained, and ripped. The carpet was so bad I don't think I could've walked on it with bare feet. We went and tried to get my money back and that wasn't happening so they let us have a different room. After the third one we finally found one that was doable, but still wasn't the greatest. It didn't stink! The remote didn't work so we had to complain about that, my son sat at the foot of his bed and it fell off the frame. The continental breakfast was terrible, I would've been to scared to eat the food there anyway! The wi-fi never worked the whole time we were there either. I will NEVER stay at this motel again!!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sarah B, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
WI, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

When I arrived the 1st room given was not even cleaned with dirty sheets and garbage spread across the floor. So i went back and got another room. The second one was cleaner but not much better. They had period stained towels, dirty stained sheets and stained window treatments. I feel completely ripped off because the room looked nothing like the pictures online. And then there were drunks at 3 in the morning yelling outside the door til 5am and nobody was there to help the situation. When I checked out of the hotel/motel the clerk asked how my stay was and i said "not the best." Then she rolled her eyes and said "well would you like a receipt?" I said "Yes I'd like to get out of here considering I was waiting on you for a half hour at the front desk. And thank goodness my friend had a phone number to get ahold of you so we wouldn't have to wait any longer than that." I was completely disappointed with the service, cleanliness, and overall stay at Chippewa Motel and Suites.
****Click this link below to find out what you get for your money at Chippewa Motel and Suites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFW4gbsXrHs&feature=youtu.be

Room Tip: Click this link to find out what you get for your money at Chippewa Motel and Suites
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Hailey R, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This place is a mess! Everyting was filthy and the building is delapitaited. whirlpool broken coverd with plywood, pool deck hasnt been cleaned ever? Ice makchine doesnt work, seems to be understaffed, trash everywhere. I booked online and was very upset when we arrived and saw what a dump this place is as well as unsafe espeially for young kids. Cheap price i guess you get what u pay for eww will never go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Julie M, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Mukwonago, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

All the other reviewers are spot on. We refused to check in and are disputing all credit card charges. Smells like a mold infested foreclosure property! If there was a negative ratting I would pick it because terrible is generous!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jennifer B, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was the worse motel I have ever stayed at. For starters the room was "FILTHY" I can't emphasize it enough.The bedding was old and dirty, I had to go to Walmart and buy bedsheets to put on my bed so I would'nt catch an infection.The carpeting was the worst of all, the carpet was so dirty it had huge brown stains all over again I had to go buy plastic to place on the carpeting so we wouldn't have to walk on them.The bathroom tub was dirty, the towels had holes on them and when I asked for fresh towels the following day, they said they ran out of them. There were no garbage bag in the bathroom trash can. I ran out of toilet paper (since there was a tiny roll when I got there,) I requested another roll on saturday morning and I checked out on Sunday and never got the paper, I had to go buy some. The mattress was so old I can feel the springs by just placing my hand it, I reguested a new one and they didn't bring it up until 2:30 am. This is a horrible Motel!! I would not recommend anyone to stay in this NASTY, FILTHY motel. They should close this dump!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Marinel R, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever been too! To start off , they have no Jacuzzi because it was broken. The rugs in the room were nasty, dirty and stained. The beds were broken. They were literally on the floor with a damn sheet covering it. The outside pool is dirty as hell. When I called to ask for towels, they told me that the laundry was all dirty and they didnt have any. I went to the front desk to speak to manager, he was not available so I left a name and number and the 3 days I was there, he never called me! The employees there look like they are on some kind of drug. This is the most ghetto hotel I have ever been too!!!! Never will I stay here again... Not even if it was free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Marit60097, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Been to Chippewa Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!