“Worst Hotel EVER!” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
WI, United States
“Worst Hotel EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

When I arrived the 1st room given was not even cleaned with dirty sheets and garbage spread across the floor. So i went back and got another room. The second one was cleaner but not much better. They had period stained towels, dirty stained sheets and stained window treatments. I feel completely ripped off because the room looked nothing like the pictures online. And then there were drunks at 3 in the morning yelling outside the door til 5am and nobody was there to help the situation. When I checked out of the hotel/motel the clerk asked how my stay was and i said "not the best." Then she rolled her eyes and said "well would you like a receipt?" I said "Yes I'd like to get out of here considering I was waiting on you for a half hour at the front desk. And thank goodness my friend had a phone number to get ahold of you so we wouldn't have to wait any longer than that." I was completely disappointed with the service, cleanliness, and overall stay at Chippewa Motel and Suites.
****Click this link below to find out what you get for your money at Chippewa Motel and Suites. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFW4gbsXrHs&feature=youtu.be

Room Tip: Click this link to find out what you get for your money at Chippewa Motel and Suites
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Motel & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Hailey R, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This place is a mess! Everyting was filthy and the building is delapitaited. whirlpool broken coverd with plywood, pool deck hasnt been cleaned ever? Ice makchine doesnt work, seems to be understaffed, trash everywhere. I booked online and was very upset when we arrived and saw what a dump this place is as well as unsafe espeially for young kids. Cheap price i guess you get what u pay for eww will never go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Julie M, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Mukwonago, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

All the other reviewers are spot on. We refused to check in and are disputing all credit card charges. Smells like a mold infested foreclosure property! If there was a negative ratting I would pick it because terrible is generous!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jennifer B, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This was the worse motel I have ever stayed at. For starters the room was "FILTHY" I can't emphasize it enough.The bedding was old and dirty, I had to go to Walmart and buy bedsheets to put on my bed so I would'nt catch an infection.The carpeting was the worst of all, the carpet was so dirty it had huge brown stains all over again I had to go buy plastic to place on the carpeting so we wouldn't have to walk on them.The bathroom tub was dirty, the towels had holes on them and when I asked for fresh towels the following day, they said they ran out of them. There were no garbage bag in the bathroom trash can. I ran out of toilet paper (since there was a tiny roll when I got there,) I requested another roll on saturday morning and I checked out on Sunday and never got the paper, I had to go buy some. The mattress was so old I can feel the springs by just placing my hand it, I reguested a new one and they didn't bring it up until 2:30 am. This is a horrible Motel!! I would not recommend anyone to stay in this NASTY, FILTHY motel. They should close this dump!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Marinel R, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever been too! To start off , they have no Jacuzzi because it was broken. The rugs in the room were nasty, dirty and stained. The beds were broken. They were literally on the floor with a damn sheet covering it. The outside pool is dirty as hell. When I called to ask for towels, they told me that the laundry was all dirty and they didnt have any. I went to the front desk to speak to manager, he was not available so I left a name and number and the 3 days I was there, he never called me! The employees there look like they are on some kind of drug. This is the most ghetto hotel I have ever been too!!!! Never will I stay here again... Not even if it was free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Marit60097, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
woodstock, illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This place is a total DUMP!!! Carpet was filthy. Pieces of toilet paper and hair on the floor in the bathroom of the room. A/C didn't work well. The outdoor pool is green and scuzzy. Toilets have a had time flushing. Toilet in the indoor pool area wouldn't flush. When I called the desk to tell the guy about the bathroom window which would not close, he came quickly to my room, and let himself in the room without knocking. Dead bolt in my room would not lock, I had to insist on another room which the guy at the desk thought was not big deal. They will not refund your money,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Bren M, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

There are so many things to say about the Chippewa Motel I don't know where to start. This motel is disguisting - I don't think the carpets have ever been vacuumed, there were clumps of hair by in the indoor pool, the bathrooms by the indoor pool did not flush and were filthy, our bathroom had hair on the toilet and did not appear to have been cleaned. The only thing that was clean in our room was the inside of the mini fridge. At one point I saw the supply closet was open so I thought I would see what they had for cleaning products and clean my own bathroom. I was horrified at what I found - ONE can of cleaner and a bunch or rumpled up sheet & towels. The supply cart had no cleaning supplies and not one vacuum cleaner in sight. I still can't believe we stayed the night at this place - it is a health hazard. We would have been better off sleeping in our car. Don't waste your money or risk your health - stay anywhere else but the Chippewa Motel. YUCK!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear momtwoboys, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Been to Chippewa Motel & Suites? Share your experiences!