“Good for a rainy day” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: 100% Chance of Year-round Family Fun! Check out our activities such as: Ropes Course, Go-Karts, 4D Theater, Jumping Pillow, Arcade & Redemption Center and the all-time indoor sport – bowling. Don’t forget to join us for the big games on one of 50+ HDTV’s while enjoying some Buffalo Wings or our Wild West Burger…just to name a few. At Knuckleheads, you’re always sure to have fun rain or shine!
Gig Harbor, Washington
38 attraction reviews
“Good for a rainy day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2007

The bowling center is non-smoking- a real plus! The bowling alley is not your typical bowling alley it has sofa's instead of orange plastic chairs, the pins glow in the dark- cosmic bowling. They have a redemption arcade that was very crowded when we were here. It was pouring & there were long lines for the games. They also have indoor rides, bumper cars & a play area. It is very clean and large, a good family place for a rainy day. They are connected to Buffalo Phil's Grille.

Northern Illinois
“Bah.........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

Over priced and over rated. $3 a ride for kiddie rides and the longest runs 3 minutes.
My kids didn't want to stay long and were very disappointed. There are much better ways to spend your money in the Dells.

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“A bit pricey...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2007

My first impression on the bowling was that it was too bright and clean -- I expect my bowling alleys to be a bit more grimey and dingey. Games are $4 to $5 each, plus shoe rental. Plenty of big TVs at both ends of the alleys. They are also set up for cosmic/neon/astro bowling -- blacklights, moving lights and strobes.

There's a bar right in the bowling area (the entire area is smoke-free). Drink prices are reasonable for the area.
The other end of the building is an arcade plus rides. The arcade seems to lack a very wide selection -- too many shooting games, not enough games geared toward the older crowd (where are all the old 4-player Ninja Turtles or Simpsons arcade games these days? Hello, Ms. Pacman anyone?)

Mixed right in with the games are a handful of small rides which seem aimed at kids aged 12 and under. A mini roller coaster, go carts, and a few other spinning rides are all packed into the building. I didn't go in the 3D theatre but saw it along the edge of the room near the ticket-redemption area.

There was still some construciton dust around when I went right after they opened, also some soda lines and counters that weren't installed yet. It should be all taken care of now.

The place seems to be great for families -- let the kids play while you either belly up the bar or bowl a game or two.

Blue River WI
4 attraction reviews
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2007

I had a pretty good time here. I travelled here with friends while staying at a hotel in Madison. There are a few things I disliked, however.

1. At some rides, you had to wait for the staff to come and get you on the ride. Totally under-staffed.
2. Some rides were too slow and others way too fast.
3. Game token machine was not working while we were there.

The good outweighed the bad, though.

1. It was an enjoyable experience.
2. Bowling in the dark was fun. You can also bowl in the light. They have 2 bowling sections, one dark, one light.
3. Rides were fun.
4. Staff was very friendly. They apologized if you had to wait for them to start the ride. Very nice touch.
5. The passes that you scan to get on the rides are nice. You can charge as much money onto them as you want and you can reuse it too!
6. The ride Himalaya was awesome! It scared my friend's dad. He is usually one for all the rides but this one, he looked a little queasy on. My friend and I did love it though!
7. The roller coaster was fun. I'm not one for roller coasters so it was the perfect size for me.

I did not go on the go carts. Bad things happen when I do that...let's just say that. So, I cannot comment on them. Otherwise, a pretty enjoyable experience!