“Consistently good” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Eclectic, Californian
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

There are few places in the Dells area that we like to take friend who visit for a meal that is not the same as any chain restaurant where they live. High Rock has good quality meals with seasonal soups and other features. Highly recommended!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Came highly recommended, and we agree”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Great restaurant, great story. Food and service were great, they put good spins on classic foods. High class, and not your everyday menu, we highly recommend High Rock. Tip: Dine early, or plan to wait. Just passing on what we were told. We arrived at 4:30 on Saturday and it was already busy, but we were seated quickly. After our meal we enjoyed a street magician on the same corner, good time.

Visited August 2014
Necedah, Wisconsin
“Food, Service, Atmosphere - all top notch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Eating here was a last minute decision for my husband and I but we were SO glad we did! The service was great, prompt and friendly. I really liked the low lighting and soft decor choices - it made for a relaxing atmosphere. The place is huge! Two stories and they offer patio seating. I think they even have a private dining area for special parties. It was a bit humid out so we sat upstairs along a wall of windows which offered a nice view of downtown Wis Dells.
Not to the important part - our food. DELISH! We had the crab cakes appetizer - I've never had a better crab cake. Served beautifully with sauce, greenery and chow mein noodles. My husband and I devoured them. I ordered the fish fry which was tilapia in a light batter of panko crumbs and herbs, served with coleslaw and garlic tater tots. O.M.G. If I went back today I'd order it again. Perfect amount of breading, not greasy at all. The coleslaw and tater tots were a nice compliment.
My husband ordered a special dish off their seasonal menu (this season their special ingredient was peaches). He had curry ravioli with peaches. Sounds crazy but it was good!
I would recommend this place to anyone. Have little kids? I think I saw a few families dining on the lower level with small children. I probably wouldn't bring my kids but only because it's such a nice meal I wouldn't want to be distracted. Maybe when my kids get a little older :)

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awesome Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

My family and I stopped here on the way out of the dells as the end to a wonderful vacation. We certainly were not disappointed with the food and the service. Excellent food with a light and crisp taste

Madison, Wisconsin
“Good Food, Although Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Love this place, had a great meal here. It is very pricey though. You sit upstairs and feel like you are in a treehouse :) the decor is elegant, food is excellent. A nice special-occasion restaurant, or if you just feel like splurging. Service was good. I enjoyed my meal, veggie pasta with vegetable soup. Good wine menu.

• Visited April 2014