“Probably one of the best restuarants in the state!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Californian, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Modern American cuisine with a sense of adventure, High Rock stands out with bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Serving lunch and dinner you can enjoy this local's favorite restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells. High Rock Cafe offers casual dining in a contemporary atmosphere. Unique salads, wraps, sandwiches, delicious crab cakes, pastas, steaks, and so much more. Great local micro-brews and wine list, and new specialty craft cocktails. Open daily at 11 am. Visit us during your next vacation or conference!
Chicago, Illinois
“Probably one of the best restuarants in the state!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I happened on High Rock due to a conversation we had with a local Wisconsin Dells police officer. We were in search of a place to watch the Badgers play the Wildcats of Northwestern and asked where to get a good lunch and watch the game. He recommended High Rock. We were absolutely delighted with the food, service and atmosphere. They change their menu every few weeks using seasonal foods. This particular day the ingredient of the day was butternut squash. My husband had a sandwich called a Bumpkin that he described as Thanksgiving in a sandwich. I had a fabulous chicken wrap and the blueberry/raspberry cheesecake was to die for!! Would recommend it highly for anyone.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bend, Oregon
“High Rock Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Recommended by our guide at Vertical Illusions, this restaurant had great, individually prepared, thoughtful food with a seasonal flavor. Was a short wait (a surprise on a mid October weeknight) but well worth it.

Visited October 2013
Minnesota
“Really fun place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were the first people in the door when they opened at 11:00 a.m. Based on previous reviews, I knew I wanted to sit upstairs, but was not surprised to see a sign that said "upper section closed" in front of the stairs. After all, there were plenty of tables downstairs. I was delighted, then, when our hostess walked right by the sign, led us upstairs, and seated us at what looked to be the best table in the restaurant -- in the corner window overlooking the street. Our meal was great, and the service was fabulous...even when the restaurant started filling up a few minutes after we arrived. All together an excellent lunch and fun experience!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best meal all week...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went here based on the trip advisor reviews - they did not lead me astray. Staff was friendly, drinks were delicious and the food came out fast. Started with the potsticker appetizer, probably some of the best potstickers I've ever had. My husband had the loaded baked potato soup, which was HUGE. I had the Esmeralda salad, which was fantastic! The homemade dressing was delicious and the salad was gigantic. Best meal of the whole week in WI...

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wouldn't go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I thought this place was way over priced for what it was. The food was okay but not the best. I know I won't be going back and I'm not going to recom. It to anyone.

• Visited September 2013