“Great food and great price” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Modern American cuisine with a sense of adventure, High Rock stands out with bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Serving lunch and dinner you can enjoy this local's favorite restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells. High Rock Cafe offers casual dining in a contemporary atmosphere. Unique salads, wraps, sandwiches, delicious crab cakes, pastas, steaks, and so much more. Great local micro-brews and wine list, and new specialty craft cocktails. Open daily at 11 am. Visit us during your next vacation or conference!
Chicago
“Great food and great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The food was excellent and creative. The food would have cost 2x the amount in Chicago. Not really a kid place, but we did bring ours and they loved it! Our kids are 11 and 9 and they did offer a children,s menu. It was a great place for my birthday celebration. We will go again!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Grafton, Wisconsin
“Disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Planned a trip to the Dells to meet some friends. With some research for a decent place to eat I came across this establishment. With as many high ratings as this place has I was ready to be wowed. Service was fine. Food was awful! A lot of people order water these days (im a fan of soda) and the three couples I was with ordered water. In a moment when they all sipped their glass their faces turned into "Bitter Beer Face". This place must not have cleaned their tap lines. HIGHLY and I mean HIGHLY clorinated and pungeant. Each of the four different meals were below average in taste and expectation. I'm sorry I can not recommend this place to someone based on this experience. I sometimes will give a place a second chance. I won't here with so many other offerings in the Dells.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Springfield, Illinois
“Excellent food; good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This of very off season in the Dells so to find such an excellent restaurant open was a delightful surprise. Probably one of the most important things is that in this very tourist town, the locals eat here! The view from the upstairs is great; overlooking the streets of the "strip." The food is very "uptown" for such a tourist area. For instance, I enjoyed beet soup (beets, apple and squash pureed) served in 1/2 an acorn squash with a dollop of crab salad on top that was wonderful. My husband had pork roast with steamed vegetables and mashed sweet potatoes that he declared some of the best food he has eaten. Good menu of sandwiches, salads and full meals.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Good but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We decided to try High Rock Cafe for a late lunch. I was very happy with the atmosphere of the restaurant. The menu looked so delicious! I had a beet salad which was amazing, grown up mac and cheese which wasn't any good and had a bite of the crab cakes which are the best I've had to date. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a more upscale place in the Dells but not too fancy. We did have a problem with getting double charged for our meal but they fixed it right away. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toledo, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was by far our favorite restaurant when visiting the Dells. The atmosphere was great and if you sit on the second floor you have a great view of the outside area when eating. There is an excellent assortment of food to choose from and our service was top notch.

Visited October 2012