“Excellent food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Oxford, Wisconsin
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is some of the best food in the Dells area, staff is very friendly the owners treat you just like friends and make you feel very comfortable. Glad to see they are doing good!! We have tried many different things on the menu and never have had anything bad or greasy. The "hillbilly beans are a must"

Camp Douglas, Wisconsin
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Love Love Love this place!!!!
We got the Hog Trough...so much YUMMY food!! Love the ribs, pulled chicken, pulled pork and well just everything!!!! Also got the Fried Green Tomatoes. ..YUM!!
Love the family atmosphere and how you are treated like family!!!
We will be here alot!!

Rochester, New Hampshire
“Great Southern BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I came to the Dells on business not too long ago and I came to this restaurant a couple of times since it's grand opening in March, so obviously I liked the food. I originally came to this site to tell people about my great experience here with the amazing brisket, flavorful, turnip greens, and the awesome service, and I could not help but smile when I saw all the other five star reviews, except for one which gave a very poor review and it is this review that I now wish to comment on. Normally I would not comment on another persons review but the odd ball out always makes me curious. this person first noted that the walls were covered in axes, which from what I saw is true for only one small section where there is less then twenty antique axes used for wood cutting over 100 years ago. The rest of the walls are filled with antique tools for any purpose you can imagine. That you would normally find in an old barn, which as the owner, whom which I got a chance to talk to, said was exactly how they wanted it. the next thing the people said was the three manikins were not animatronic, which if they asked the waitress they would have found out that they were so and they would have had them put on a show for you. they mentioned the pulled pork being greasy and tasteless and compared the baked beans to Busch's. I have to say I sampled their pulled pork and it was some of the best that I have ever had and the beans which I had with my brisket were a far cry from Busch's being much better. however I can not account for another person's tastes but I looked at the picture they posted of their meal and the pork did not look greasy from the looks of it, juicy maybe. they complained about how several people came up and asked how they were doing at least one of which I can bet was the owner, to me that is just trying to show some southern hospitality which they obviously did not appreciate. they also complained about the food being overpriced which if you looked around the other restaurants in the area you would find that the prices are actually quite average. so in all I honestly loved my experience eating at this fine establishment as did many others and I know many more will as well, I hope to come back again sometime in the future to try even more of their delicious BBQ.

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Get the "Hog in here...this place is amazing!!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Ok, so I am a BBQ snob. Finding good Q in Wisconsin can be challenging because it is either dried out or so slathered in sauce, you cannot taste the meat. When I read that the owner is from the south, then I had to try it for myself. It did not disappoint. We ordered the Hog Trough, which basically a family style giant platter filled with just about everything they serve in restaurant. The baked beans, amazing, the corn bread was fantastic, the brisket, the beef ribs, the pork ribs, the smoked sausage, the blazing chicken strips, the pulled pork, the pulled chicken, and the half of a chicken were all fantastic. Oh yeah, I forgot about the fries and the corn on the cob were also very good. We are going to get two meals out of this. The owner personally came to talk to us twice to see how we are doing. Our server was on top of things and made sure we had everything we need. She talked to our toddler and even gave him beads to play with. She also knew that he was hungry and made sure to get his order out asap. We will definitely come back!

Baraboo, Wisconsin
“best place ever!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

if you want great bbq this is the place to go!!!! bbq pork platter is delish along with green bean cassarole baked beans and corn bread. get the bread pudding for dessert you wont regret it. sam and june are always conversing with tables which makes it feel homey