“Great family activity” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Wizard Quest is the leader in computer interactive games played in a live setting. The setting is a 13000 square foot fantasy, themed labrynth (we call it the quadrasphere). Your quest is to locate and release the imprisoned wizards. To do this you must first collect enough glimmers to release them. You collect glimmers by answering the riddles and questions of the Dragons. The answers are found in the realms...Some hidden, some obvious and some not so obvious. The quadrashpere is full of secret passages, hidden entrances and some traps. Yes there is an opposition here that doesn't want you to free the Wizards. His name is Havoc, he and his minions do what they can to hinder your quest.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Mankato, MN.
“Great family activity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2007

I must admit, I was slightly concerned about how good this could be going in....but my family and I had a great time. We were a little confused at the onset, but quickly got into the swing of things and were engaged and scrambling right up to the end. We had fun and would definitely go again.

Well designed, executed and a good family activity.

Germantown, WI
3 attraction reviews
“Maintenance Issues hurt the experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2007

Maintenance issues really marred our experience. Many of the terminals that were used to as part of the quest were broken. Many had broken keyboards with keys missing. A keyboard is an inexpensive replacement - there is no excuse for this.

Other items throughout the attraction were also not functioning. They didn't seem to have a problem in charging full price for an attraction that was half operational.

One safety concern - at one point we had to climb up from platform to platform, one platform tipped as I put my weight on it and I realized that it wasn't fastened down.

I think if they would make an effort to keep the attraction maintained it could be worthwhile, but in its current state - I say pass

Ohio
7 attraction reviews
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2007

Our family really enjoyed this. Money well spent. We were able to release the wizards, but it was down to the last minute for us. Our sons would have liked to go again. It challenged all of us, mom, dad and two boys, 13 & 11. It took lots of teamwork!

Well done.

kprince
“It's ok, but a little overrated.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2007

I love adventure, which is why me and my family decided to go to wizard quest. This was the most confusing thing I've ever done. The introduction video was so long that my feet started to hurt. After the very long confusing video, we entered the magical realm.

The atmosphere was amazing and very well done. Kids will love playing in each of the realms.. Once we entered, we started looking for the clues (hint: the air realm has hard clues). We thought we found all the clues but 4 of them were wrong.

Here's the bad part about wizard quest; We have to enter everything in the computer, so if you hate typing stay far far away from this place, it is time consuming. If you can't bend, crawl or be flexible, stay far far away. If you have a short attention span, stay away, you need to be attentive for the entire game. If you're on a very tight schedule, don't play this game. It may take you up to 1 and a half hours. It's also very dark in some places, which may be a problem for some people. If you or your family are not fans of fantasy, this will be boring.

If you don't have a problem with anything that I've mentioned, then enjoy ! You were warned.

K.P

Iowa
8 attraction reviews
“Really well done”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

I am not sure how to rate this. The atmosphere was amazing. The problem was that we didn't know what to do. They told us that there was a video that would explain what we were supposed to do. After watching the video we still didn’t have any idea of what we needed to do. I asked a couple of people what to do and they seemed as confused as us.

When we got in the "play" area I was amazed at how beautiful and detailed it was. But we still didn't know what to do. I could see that there were some people that seemed to know what to. They were so “into” the game. I heard some comments about “last time” that I assume that they had been to Wizard Quest before. I would have asked them but they were a little involved at the time.

We did figure out a couple of things and were able to free a wizard but that was just from answering the questions. We didn't have any idea how to get into the secret passages and do the extra tasks. It could have been fun. We saw some people figure out how to open a door by arranging some drawers. We were able to do it too but we didn’t know where any other “secret” passages were. We only figured that out by observing.

We left just as confused as we started. There weren't any employees in the play area to aid us. In order for us to ask an employee a question we would have to exit the game.

I think we should have done the "easy" level. I am not sure what it is called but there are two levels. I thought because we are smart and love adventure that we wouldn't have any problems. After doing it though I think we would have enjoyed the easy level.

Gina