“Feeding the giraffes was a hit with the kids” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Zoos & Aquariums
Peoria
11 attraction reviews
“Feeding the giraffes was a hit with the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had free admission to the zoo since we stayed at the Kalahari. The kids loved feeding the giraffes. There were not a ton of animals but my kids did not mind. I'd love to see them get a bit larger cages for the big cats but other than that I thought it was nicely done. I will tell you that you should pass on the train ride. There's not much to it other than getting to feed a few more animals. I had purchased tickets to the train because I had thought that was the only way you could feed the giraffe's but that wasn't the case. You can feed the giraffe & camels when you walk through the zoo. The train stops there too but you would't have but a couple of minutes to feed them if you only did the train ride.

Visited June 2014

“Better than Milwaukee County Zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My husband and I as well as our four children went here for the first time on Monday the 28th of July. It was by far the neatest experience we have ever encountered. We will be back!

DeForest, Wisconsin
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is a great place to visit as a family! We loved being able to interact with the animals. Feeding the Giraffes was the coolest experience; they are so HUGE, yet so gentle. We also got to see the baby Giraffe up close, so cute! We rode the train, and that was neat! The staff was very friendly and was eager to answer any questions you had. It was a great experience and I would absolutely recommend going to this place. We will be going back.

Morrison, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Up close and personal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

If you love animals and my family does then you will love this park like we did. We got really close and got to touch and feed animals and it was awesome. Great memories for sure.

“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I usually don't write bad reviews, my husband and I decided to visit this "safari park", we were very disappointed and saddened. The animals where kept in very small cages, with know shade. The eagle had no place to fly. I felt this attraction was a cash grab, they are more into this for the cash, than the animals. They has baby tigers on display $30.00 to have your picture taken with them. They where in very small cages with no ventilation or stimulation. I would not recommend this place to anyone, save your money and go to a zoo that is in it for the animals not the cash grab