“Very Nice Off-Season Stay” 4 of 5 stars

You added Glacier Canyon Lodge to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
and 1 more site!
Glacier Canyon Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hillman Road, P.O. Box 830, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #16 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Minnesota
“Very Nice Off-Season Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

This is a very nice place. We chose to stay in Glacier Canyon Lodge because of the full kitchen and the option of two bedrooms. We were also there one week before the summer season began, so the room rate was the same as the one-room Wilderness Hotel.
The rooms are very clean, large and beautiful. There were only three of (myself, husband, and 7-year-old boy) and we really had too much room!
The indoor waterparks are very nice. We also used the arcade, indoor playground and ate breakfast at The Wilderness Cafe. Our son enjoyed EVERYTHING! He had a blast and was always busy. The outdoor waterparks were not open yet, but they looked well-maintained.
My only complaint about the Wilderness Resort in general is the walking. If you stay in Glacier Canyon Lodge, expect to walk A LOT! They do offer a shuttle bus, but we never used it. By the end of our stay, we were driving to the waterparks - that's how tired we were!
Overall, though, it was a great time. We would definitely stay here again.

563 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

Just got back from our 4th stay at GCL. Nothing has changed, still the best place in the Dells.

We stayed in a 3 bedroom deluxe. Having the FULL kitchen is the best. We brought all our food so save money and we love it. The THREE giant waterparks keep us busy. We had 11 people in the unit and we had plenty of room.

Keep up the great work Glacier Canyon.

chicago,il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

We rented a 4 BD presidential for Fri-Mon thru ebay. I read so many bad reviews about Wilderness so I was a bit worried, We traveled with 4 groups. Me and my husband and 2 kids ( 3 months and 2 years) My sister and her hubby and kids (4 years and 2 months), my sister and hubby (both 28) and our mother (60).

We all had a great time. Our unit was incredible. Every amenity from coffee maker to well appointed bath soaps and hair shampoo/cond.-we brought detergent for the dishwasher and laundry but did not need it as it was supplied. We ate breakfast and dinner in the condo and had our lunches at the resort. We rented a cabana Saturday and that is the way to go, especially with little ones. They ended up taking naps in the cabana while the adults went in the pool and relaxed .

We found the waterparks very fun for all ages. Great areas for toddlers and the adults enjoyed the slides, We never felt the need to take the shuttle as we thought it was a short walk to Klondike and a few minutes longer to th Waterdome and Wild West ( wild west was the favorite for the little ones).

Overall I highly recommend the resort if you stay in the Wyndham side. I do not think I would stay in the hotel after our great time at Wyndham. The hotel just seemed too busy and for the price ( 599.00 for 3 nights) the 4 bedroom actually saved us money.

Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

We recently used timeshare points to reserve two 2 bedroom units for twelve people, including young children (ages 4 and 1). It took a little convincing, but we were able to stay in rooms directly across the hall from each other. After reading other reviews, I was worried about our location on the second floor, but we didn't have any problems with the noise level.

The units were well-appointed. We were pleasantly surprised to find the kitchen stocked with supplies such as cookie sheets, pitchers, platters, and salad serving bowls. It was much more than the expect tableware. We were comfortably able to make all or meals at the condo except for ordering pizza from Domino's one evening.

The beds were a tad hard, but the staff was gracious enough to provide a pack-n-play and highchair for our one year old. I packed an extra sheet for the pack-n-play, but it wasn't needed as they provided one.

The waterparks were crowded, as expected this time of the year. But the kids loved it. Just remember to bring sunblock. I was not aware that one of the indoor parks was designed for sunning! After walking to the parks and seeing some of the rooms in the hotel section, I was grateful for our condo unit. The space and decor was much more desirable.

We also enjoyed a couple laps around the walking trail for some additional exercise!

I imagine we will probably make this an annual trip, we had a great experience!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Rooms are great, perfect for multi-family stays. Water parks have things for young and older kids and adults. Our room (the three bedroom, 2 bath suite) was terrific, clean and roomy! Having been to the Wilderness resort, I've seen the water park cleaner in the past, the pools themselves weren't as clean in previous visits and the stairways need a good power washing. But the room was terrific!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Cedar Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

Reserved a 3 bedroom deluxe at Glacier Canyon Lodge. I traveled with three children, 7, 5 and 2 along with four teenage boys for spring break 2010. We stayed Sunday through Friday hoping the crowds would be better. Wow, lots of people and lines but it is expected at this time of year. The water park and hotel attractions are very good for all ages (indoor dry play equipment, miniature golf, bumper boats and the teenage boys enjoyed the laser tag). Four days a week at this time of year, they also offer horse wagon rides which my young girls enjoyed thoroughly. It is free but tips are appreciated.

Our room was the best for us. I had a bedroom for the young girls and myself (the master bath had a whirlpool tub which was relaxing). I normally enjoy the all-inclusive Mexico vacations so I don't have to cook but preparing breakfast and lunch in the room actually turned out to be a great break from the water parks.

We also did have "neighbors" downstairs complain about our room. Security was told that we were throwing water down on them. We were on the third floor and my teenage boys had an innocent ice fight with the next door neighbor. Wow, I had thought that would be harmless but I guess you never know what people will complain about.

I would definitely go back for the five nights which gave us the opportunity to swim for two to three hours a day. Some of my kids did develop a skin rash from the water but not necessarily any fault of the hotels. I think their skin may be sensitive.

We did not actually eat at any of the restaurants (instead went off site to Pizza Pub - salad bar I love and Cracker Barrell is right up the road).

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

Loved the bunk beds for the girls, they had so much fun having their own room. Plenty of room for the four of us.

Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Glacier Canyon Lodge? Share your experiences!