“Best in the dells!” 5 of 5 stars

45 Hillman Road, P.O. Box 830, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #15 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Best in the dells!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Great condo rooms here , clean, affordable if you book them early. The staff here is always great and you have free access to all of the wildernes territory , even wildernes on the lake . Free shuttle service to anyplace the wildernes owns , wich is great cause the place is so large it takes awhile to walk from water park to water park.

• Stayed July 2012

544 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We are a family of four that stayed here for only two nights. Most of our time was taken up by my son's baseball tournament. Overall, our impression was positive. The property is picturesque and the grounds are well-maintained. We considered it a good location because it wasn't right in the middle of the tourist hustle and bustle, but still fairly close to Wisconsin Dells attractions.

Check-in was fairly efficient; however, during check-in, I was asked if I would like a coupon book, to which I said yes, and was then sent to another counter. Before he gave me the coupon book (which we ended up not using), the guy at the counter tried to sell me on a timeshare tour. After politely declining, I received a call the next morning asking me if I was going on the timeshare tour. I understand people have to make a living, but I found this tasteless, annoying and rather deceptive.

Our room was a standard room with two double beds. The room had a small microwave and refrigerator. No flat screen TV. Bathroom was small. Our room was on the 5th floor and had a nice outside view of trees; a lot quieter than the rooms around the waterparks. If I stay here again, I will most definitely put my family in the two-bedroom suite which had a kitchenette, dining room, living room, two bedrooms (one with a bunk bed) and two bathrooms. The rooms were clean and fairly spacious with rustic decor. Carpet seemed worn and a little dirty; kept my flip-flops on all the time. There are also two-story villas with a full kitchen, washer and dryer, etc; just like a townhouse. The villas even have grills on the front lawn. This property would be fantastic for a family reunion!!

The property is huge and sprawling. If you are directionally challenged, like me, you will likely get lost. If I had enough time and energy, I would have loved to walk through the entire place. There are shuttle buses (different lines) and employees driving golf carts to give rides. I would suggest packing food and snacks to keep in your room because it is daunting to try and find something to eat at short notice. My 12 year old enjoyed the waterparks, the wave pool and the arcades with his friends, but after several hours, I noticed they were getting bored (not sure if that's just the age). My 8 year old was not bored and had a blast with the lazy river, pools and waterparks. I myself enjoyed just relaxing by the Lost World waterpark which appeared to cater to a wide variety of ages. It was crowded on the weekend, but not jampacked. Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the waterparks, although I noticed this rule was not strictly observed by all. Concessions and drinks are on the pricey side however.

I wish we had enough time to explore the entire place and the surrounding attractions. If we come by this way again, I would definitely consider staying at Glacier Canyon Lodge again.

Room Tip: It is not a place to expect complete peace and quiet due to its family orientation. To try for some...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Another great stay for our family of four. We enjoyed a two bedroom condo with a full kitchen (including dishes, pans, etc.) which gave us the opportunity to have a few meals in our condo.
The water parks are awesome. We planned to try the Lunar Loop but it was being repaired. The Cosmic Drop is a THRILL!!
We will be back to Glacier Canyon.

• Stayed July 2012
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had a 2 bedroom condo for our family of 4. It was very nice to have a full kitchen and 2 bedrooms. There are a variety of waterparks and other things to do on the property and an endless amount of attractions and parks in the area.

Elm Grove, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I recently stayed at the Wilderness resort with two 15 year old boys. On our last day we rented a cabana at the Lost World waterpark at Glacier Canyon. It was pretty nice and especially suited for families with younger kids. My two boys lost interest after a few hours. There are only 2 water slides - they're racing slides which was cool - and then 2 new slides that drop you down in a free fall. The other downside to Glacier Canyon is how far it is to the rest of the Wilderness resort. This can be good and bad depending on your point of view. With the two older boys looking for more excitement, it was all quite a hike back to the Wilderness.

When you register, at either Wilderness of Glacier Canyon, you will be heavily 'offered' an 'opportunity' to sit through a presentation about buying Wyndham points/timeshare there. We were offered $125 in American Express cards and 80 tokes for the boys at the arcade. I decided what the heck, free money is free money and went ahead with it. 2 hours later, I walked away with the promised AmEx cards and the tokens for the boys. You have to be prepared to play along like you are interested or at least willing to listen but politely decline if this isn't something you're wiling to do. It wasn't bad but I wish I had timed this better so that my kids weren't sitting there waiting for me instead of enjoying the waterpark.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We are a family of 5 with kids ages 19, 8 and 5. This was our first time to the Wisconsin Dells and we decided on the Wilderness over Kalahari due to reviews of congestion and crowds at Kalahari. We were not disappointed. Glacier Canyon has on overall lodge feel. Still, there are updated conveniences such as granite counter tops, full fridge, microwave and flat screen T.V's. We had a two bedroom Deluxe room with Bunk Beds, Murphy and King beds all in separate rooms. All of the beds slept absolutely great. Glacier Canyon is large but we managed to go to all the waterparks in the two days we were there. My children had a wonderful time and did not want to leave. We did not eat at the restaurants on the property but there is a Culver's for great burgers and a really good Jamaican restaurant down the street. There is also Outlet shopping and a Walmart not to far away as well. I cannot say that we will be back because we are from Atlanta and it's so far away but I can say that it was a unique and enjoyable experience. Final note...we did stop by and see Kalahari and I am more than happy with our choice of Glacier Canyon!

Little Rock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Spent four days in a 2 bedroom condo. It was in a very convenient location. The furnishings and carpet are in need of an update. The mattresses and linens have seen better days. The kitchen and bath were well stocked. The housekeeping staff were great. They were very good about replacing towels, emptying trash, and replacing coffee and other incidentals. The water parks were well maintained and the price of food and alcohol didn't break the bank.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Glacier Canyon Lodge? Share your experiences!