“I wonder what people expect......seriously” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Glacier Canyon Lodge to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Glacier Canyon Lodge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Hillman Road, P.O. Box 830, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #17 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Michigan
“I wonder what people expect......seriously”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

First of all, this is the largest waterpark resort in the WORLD. Ok. So if you expect a quiet stay forget it! Its a waterpark. And, it's totally awesome! I took my wife and two children and had a 4 night stay of pure fun. The staff don't hound you and make you feel like you shouldn't be having fun. The place is well kept besides that! Many restaurants and fair prices. What more can I say. I WILL be back. BTW. No scabies and bedgugs. Give me a break. You must have had a bad time because of personal issues or something.

Room Tip: We stayed at wyndham which has bigger rooms!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Appleton, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

My family stayed at Glacier Canyon Lodge over spring break while I was in town for a convention. Our room was spacious, clean, and nice. We had 2 bedrooms and 1 1/2 bathrooms (but only 1 shower - - which was interesting for a large family). We were prepared to do lots of walking after reading all of the reviews. The reviews were definitely right!!! Since I had teenage children, it was manageable. However, I can't imagine how people with little ones do it (bring stroller, backpack, or something). My husband and children were exhausted each night after all of the exercise from walking all day long. We all seemed to sleep really well in the beds. The overall facility was very nice (we found a few spots where we were able to get out of the crowds - - that was very refreshing!); however, we all agreed at the end of our trip that we preferred our other hotels/resorts better.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Port Washington, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights in early March while attending a conference. My 1bedroom premier was "just OK" and certainly not worth the hefty price tag. The bed wasn't as comfortable as I would have expected for a room of this cost. My hair dryer didn't work and when I called the front desk, they sent a maintenance man to replace the entire unit, which caused me to be late for my conference on the first day. The repair man was very nice but he mentioned that there are a lot of old worn-out dryers in the rooms. The TV remote in the bedroom also didn't work...it's obvious that housekeeping does not check these things during their daily rounds. The bathroom counter and sink had toothpaste residue in them.

The hotel is VERY loud at all hours due to the number of families. I found this frustrating for a place that bills itself also as a conference center. Since not every conference attendee has children, it would be really nice if they reserved a very small area at the back of the hotel for "quiet rooms" without kids.

I filled out an online survey after my stay but did not receive any call back or any kind of response from management. As a business owner myself, I certainly would have addressed my client's concerns but they chose not to.

I would not stay here again even if I needed to attend an event at this particular conference hall.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
minneapolis,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This is part of the Wilderness property group in the Dells. We stayed there just for a night as a stopover on our way to Chicago. This was our first time to stay at Glacier Canyon because it was the only one which has the available room. Due to spring break, the Rhapsody Condo rental, where we usually stay, was fully booked.

We took our chance and it was not quite what we expected. The overall theme of the hotel was cabin lodge ambiance but the carpet was dirty and dated. The hallways wreak of chlorine. The room where we were booked smells musty and stuffy. We need to open the glass door overlooking the parking lot view. Also, since there were not many rooms available, we were given a connecting room.

The room we were given has a granite countertop lavatory/vanity but it was outside the bathroom. So you can use the toilet and after that when washing hands or brushing your teeth, you need to get out to wash your hands. The bathroom seems to be dirty and the nooks and crannies are not cleaned. The bed's coverlet/comforter, typical of many hotels and other rental properties, are not clean and seems dusty. The fleece blanket lining the white sheet blanket was dusty too and full of dust mites which kept bugging me and my husband at night. I was not able to sleep well because of this and the thin walls, ceiling and doors separating each unit. Everytime kids run the hallway or talking a little louder outside the room, somebody closing the door to the left and right of our unit, we can hear them well. Even the draft of air caused by a door closing/slamming from the adjacent unit, can be felt in our room. Kids or guests with heavy footstep from the upper unit can be felt from our room too! It was really horrible! Every unit is provided with a microwave unit and you can smell your "neighbor's food!" It was good that we were just booked for a night. This room was totally overpriced. We would not stay there ever again.

Room Tip: For young spring breakers who usually crave for the waterpark and the pool, this would probably be a...
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

This place is dirty and has scabies issues. I came home with Scabies from this location. I would never go back it's stinks and is dirty no proper sanitation equipment and no purell at entrance or wipe to clean off the tables or chairs in the water-parks

Room Tip: Don't ever go there they scam you too .. buy timeshare which are ponzi schemes and virtual vacat...
St. Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is the 4th time we have stayed here, and we have never been disappointed. The rooms are well appointed, and large enough for our family of 5. We have been in both the regular 2 bedrooms and also in the Wyndham timeshare 3 and 4 bedroom units. The biggest differences are the size of the rooms (bigger in the timeshare section) and the timeshare rentals have washers and dryers in the room. There is a walkway to the indoor waterparks, which is very convenient. You can also take a shuttle to all of the various areas of the resort. The kids love the wave pool and the slides, and there is plenty to do.
Check in and check out were fast and easy. We will definately stay here again.

Barrington IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I took my 2 kids and one of their friends to the Glacier Canyon Lodge, a part of the Wilderness Resort in the Dells. I originally looked online at the Wilderness Hotel but when I called to inquire about the room descriptions and to see if there were any better rates a representative told me she could get me a better rate if I stayed in the Glacier Canyon part of the resort. She reserved the first room off the elevators so we would be close to the skywalk to get to the water parks and rest of the hotel. The was a big help! Overall, I saved $70 on our night. It was a bit far from the attractions but overall worth the savings. We discovered the resort is HUGE and you'll do quite a lot of walking pretty much from anywhere you stay so you might as well save the $$ and look for the better deal. The water parks were fun but there isn't a lot under one roof, you have to move from park to park to experience it all. that was disappointing because you usually have a table with your stuff &/or a locker and then you go to another area and have to come back for your things. and the distance between some of them is quite far. they do have a shuttle but then you have to go outside to catch one & if you are wet and it's cold, than it's not so convenient. the indoor dry activities were fun and worth while with the fun pass card - I was able to get a deal on these over the phone as well. buy 3 get 1 free. We arrived at the resort before check in but got lucky that our room was ready so we were able to settle in and start enjoying. we only spent one night but were able to enjoy the resort for two days. this allowed us plenty of time to do everything.The wave pool had the biggest waves we've experienced with a wave pool. fun but a little rough when it's crowded. I held onto my son or stayed very close. you are "safer" in an inner tube but they aren't always avail. I got elbowed in the mouth when someone rode into me on the waves. little kids can easily get "run over" by the tubes. it's fun but just be aware it's a little rough. the rooms were adequate - nothing special. the beds were not particularly comfortable. the micro, fridge and coffeemaker were great. Unfortunately we had some VERY loud neighbors that were carrying on well past midnight. not a great experience getting my kids to sleep with the added noise next door. You are given pool towel cards and need them to get your towels. unfortunately someone took our towels so i had to explain & get new ones. You have to turn them in at checkout either in your room or at the towel exchange booth. A little inconvenient - they should just have them available. I think next time we'll go back to Kalahari - more entertainment under one roof and not as much walking to get there.

Room Tip: Ask for close to elevator/sky walk if staying out of main hotel. Call the reservations department to...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Glacier Canyon Lodge? Share your experiences!