“Felt like we were staying at someone's home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzgeralds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Fitzgeralds Motel
530 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965, Wisconsin Dells, WI   |
Ranked #9 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Orland Park, IL
“Felt like we were staying at someone's home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My husband and I decided to take a quick jaunt to Wisconsin Dells for the night. Not all hotels are open here in the winter, and we didn't want to stay at a waterpark hotel. We decided to try Fitzgeralds because it was right on the Downtown Dells strip. This motel is by far nothing fancy, but we knew that. Our room had a most comfortable king size bed, complete with bedspread, pillow shams and throw pillows. Also in the room was a couch and leather recliner, all with good viewing of the flat screen tv. The room also had a small fridge and microwave. The bathroom was like a bathroom in your own home -- complete with a fabric shower curtain, not just a plastic one. The mirror was a medicine cabinet and sink was a vanity with drawers and cabinets. The establishment was very clean. Coffee and donuts in the office in the morning. We will be back for a return visit.

Room Tip: Bring your own hair dryer.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Peoria Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I decided to get a room in the Dells on my way back from a business trip, it was a little bit out of the way but I have been to the Dells before and knew it would be worth it. The Fitzgeralds is in a perfect location if you are looking to walk from bar to bar, grab a great bite to eat and not worry about driving. Upon my arrival the front desk lady(Margret) was almost too nice and hospitable. She offered to show me the room before I checked in and let me know to contact her if I needed anything. All this made for a great night except for the loud and drunk guests in the back of the hotel. The we're back and forth all night but the real action came around 2:30 in the morning! They really wanted people to know they were there to mess things up! I guess everyone needs to let loose every now and again!
Stay here!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Willoughby, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Fitzgeralds is what is still right about America. Margaret is such a proud business owner and certainly is proud (and rightly so) that her son served in the US Marine Corp. The decor is circa 1980's and qualifies as being Kitchy, but it is very clean and my daughter and I felt safe there. Everything to do in WD is within a couple of miles and there's no need to pay more or go elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Onalaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We arrived early at Fitzgerald's and had a warm welcome from Margaret and Eugene. We were allowed to check in early and found our room clean and very comfortable. I found the bed very comfortable and felt rested in the AM. A lite breakfast was provided with coffee and packaged rolls.

The weekend was filled with many activities, such as craft fair and flea market, the motel was the center for everything. Being the Wa-za-wha weekend, a huge amount of people were in the Dells, at night our room was quiet.

Room Tip: If going for the parade, ask for upstairs front, a great view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Krasnodar, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I'm a student from Russia, early I saw a lot of different places, good and bad. But Fitzgerald's Motel is really wonderful and pretty for me. This is a charming little motel like from a movie. Two-story white buildings with red doors and beautiful flowers everywhere: on the balconies, stairs, parking lot, and the pool area. Margaret Geword is a wonderful host as well her husband, Eugene, and daughter, Katherine are very kind people. They remind me of something I read long ago, written by E.Smith: "It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things."I was really happy to stay at Fitzgerald's Motel that I decided to paint a picture of this place to preserve it's beauty for the next generation. What an amazing place to rest!!!Thanks so much))))))))))))))!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Orhei, Orhei, Moldova
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I am an exchanged student from Moldavia and I would like to say something about Fitzgerald`s Motel.This is a very nice and very clean place. I stayed few nights and I had seen guest from different cultural backgrounds there.
Margaret and Eugene know how to bring people together, give instructions on where to go and what to see in the city. There is so many attractions to chose from, but the time wont allow you to see all of them. So, good advice is very helpful to manage your time. I saw in their guest book so many interesting comments about this place. For example, "had a great time as always, look forward to coming back, you`are both special people and never changed, really cozy place, love coming here, it`s not the hustle and bustle like the other places, wonderful clean rooms, welcome place. This place is like a Home, and more..." I will be back next year!

Room Tip: Great place for visitors from around the world. "Smile you `re on vacation" sign will we...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Its an older motel but they have done good in some upgrades. Has pool. Rooms are very very cheap especially for being in Dells. Lady is really nice. Prime downtown location. Walk Broadway and can leave car parked there cause its so close.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Fitzgeralds Motel? Share your experiences!