“just like the old days!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzgeralds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Fitzgeralds Motel
You added Fitzgeralds Motel to your Saves list
530 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965, Wisconsin Dells, WI   |
Ranked #10 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Princeton, Illinois, United States
“just like the old days!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This is one FANTASTIC place to stay!, Not to pricey, clean, has a very nice ANTIQUATED feel about it . Heck even the rooms keys are just that!...A ACTUAL KEY! the owners are actually AT THE DESK. and if you get a 2nd story room they have a balcony the goes all the way around the building! ..when in the dells..we wont stay anywhere else!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Alpha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

An older motel, but the room was very clean. The beds were comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The location was ideal, its walking distant to the dowtown shops. This is the off season so the cost was only $55 a night.

• Stayed September 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I have been coming here for years I consider it my home away from home
Today is my birthday I couldn't think of a better place to stay. When I enter the room I enjoy reading the welcome note on the bed.it says in the note,"when you leave,may ur journey be safe" it makes me happy that somebody cares about my well being and that I am not alone if something was to happen I'm 100% sure I could count on Margaret & Eugene to assist me with my needs.the room &bathroom is spotless. Every car gets a temporary parking permit the place was full of people the weather was beautiful. I had a wounderful time there is so much to do and all of the stores are walking distance even the grocery store zinke's.there's always free fresh coffee all day. I'll be back next year:)

• Stayed September 2012
Wisconsin Dells
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Always tried and true. Again not a mistake to stay a few days at this family friendly hotel. Wonderful friendly smiley staff of which most are family. Make you feel right at home and go above and beyond to make your stay as pleasnat as possiable. Rooms are good with nice homey decor and inside and out areas all clean and well kept not to mention a nice outdoor pool a must stay for quality and price and good for a person on a budget there rates are fantastic

Room Tip: Any room is good I like the balcony rooms towards the front to watch auto and walking traffic and th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

First, I must say that this place must be having friends/family write these reviews.

My boyfriend and I hiked and swam at Devils Lake all day then came to the Dells to go to Supper Club for dinner and decided to stay at a motel just for the one night. We have stayed at the "1950s" era motels before and usually they are pretty basic but ok. This hotel was weird and very 1980's Bulgaria (sorry maybe Eastern European). When you see the outside it looks cute. We checked in (oh, by the way, it was $80.00...this makes me sad) and my mistake was not checking out the room. When we walked into the room it was almost shocking on how dim and dreary and sooo outdated this place was. There were dusty fake flowers everywhere on stained doilies, gold silky comforters and pillows, lamps everywhere, nasty stained gold silk bedskirts(why not just remove them??), striped silky and flral wallpaper, blood red bathroom carpets and def not clean, the toilet seat was a completely different color than the toilet (why not just get a $10 white toilet seat??) air fresheners eveywhere, half used generic pump hand soap and half used hand sanitizer. This place screams creepy and icky. I did not use the towels or washcloth I used my beach towel. The bed is not comfy or quality. It actually gives me shivers thinking that my stuff was in this room all night. So that is my opinion and I usually like trying things that are not cookie cutter but this needs to be posted! 1 star for location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I will never return to this hotel. First the rooms are very old and need to be updated for the area its in. The manager Margaret looks like she is nice but she is the rudest person you can encounter. The hotel is family owned so they talk to you like if you were in prison. We were just seating in the balcony a lil bit after 11 just enjoyibg the breeze and the owner came out and very rudely scream for us to shut up and get in our rooms. My husband was furious and told him to calm down and talk to us nicely but still he kept yelling. The next morning the shower door came down just by opening. The comforters are so old and thin, the carpets old and dirty, bathroom is old, rusty and cracked toilets. The whole experience was terrible. I dont even feel like we got our money's worth. They owners are rude allthey do is threaten to xall the police on u if u dont keep it down or you are just putside on the balcony. Worst hotel ever, and I travel a lot!!!!! Never again!!

• Stayed August 2012
Racine, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This motel is right on the main drag with all the shops, bars, and resturants of downtown within close walking distance.
Very reasonably priced
Nice pool
Rooms are very clean
Very friendly owners (Say hi to Margaret)
Convienient parking
Rooms have microwave and fridge (small) Ask for hairdryer or iron at desk

The rooms are small and rather outdated, but, they are clean and adequate. If you are looking for 4 star ammentities find another place. If you are looking for downtown location, firiendly staff, and a clean room this at a great value...this is the place.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the pool are quieter You have to ask for hairdryers and iron Stop by the office in t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Fitzgeralds Motel? Share your experiences!