“Worst experience ever!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzgeralds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Fitzgeralds Motel
You added Fitzgeralds Motel to your Saves list
530 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965, Wisconsin Dells, WI   |
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Worst experience ever!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I will never return to this hotel. First the rooms are very old and need to be updated for the area its in. The manager Margaret looks like she is nice but she is the rudest person you can encounter. The hotel is family owned so they talk to you like if you were in prison. We were just seating in the balcony a lil bit after 11 just enjoyibg the breeze and the owner came out and very rudely scream for us to shut up and get in our rooms. My husband was furious and told him to calm down and talk to us nicely but still he kept yelling. The next morning the shower door came down just by opening. The comforters are so old and thin, the carpets old and dirty, bathroom is old, rusty and cracked toilets. The whole experience was terrible. I dont even feel like we got our money's worth. They owners are rude allthey do is threaten to xall the police on u if u dont keep it down or you are just putside on the balcony. Worst hotel ever, and I travel a lot!!!!! Never again!!

• Stayed August 2012

Racine, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This motel is right on the main drag with all the shops, bars, and resturants of downtown within close walking distance.
Very reasonably priced
Nice pool
Rooms are very clean
Very friendly owners (Say hi to Margaret)
Convienient parking
Rooms have microwave and fridge (small) Ask for hairdryer or iron at desk

The rooms are small and rather outdated, but, they are clean and adequate. If you are looking for 4 star ammentities find another place. If you are looking for downtown location, firiendly staff, and a clean room this at a great value...this is the place.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the pool are quieter You have to ask for hairdryers and iron Stop by the office in t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Reedsburg,Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I can not count the times I have been to Fitzgerald's Motel. Each and every time, I am greeted with smiles and a sincere welcome. These people are real. The rooms are extremely clean and tastefuly decorated. The matresses and bedding are top notch and not what you would expect from a smaller hotel. Their price cannot be beat. In fact, the rooms are probably underpriced in comparison to the others in this area.

The motel is within walking distance to all the downtown restaurants and stores and is a short drive away from all the Dells attractions. The staff is so knowledgeable about the Dells and all it has to offer. I will continue to reccomend Fitzgerald's to all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Mt Pleasant, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have stayed at Fitzgerald's Motel twice. Each time I was promptly greeted by friendly staff.
I have reserved in advance and treated to just the room I wanted. Everything is always clean. The Air Conditioner provided a very comfortable room. Enjoyed the swimming pool after a very busy day in the Dells. Location is very good for walking to the stores! I will stay at Fitzgerald's in the future. Always quiet for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: I'm sorry, there is no restaurant or fitness center! I keyed them by mistake but, you will find...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Waukegan, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

this motel is the perfect spot to stay at on your vacation at the dells!! i read the reviews before getting there and every positive one is absolutely true. there was nothing i would have changed about this family owned, cute as can be, unbelievably welcoming and happy staff, especially miss margaret. The rooms are clean, the property is well maintained and margaret is always around to say good morning with a smile. it really did feel like home. The pool in the back is very clean and very relaxing. The location is perfect as well. we were able to walk to most of our 'activities' right on broadway ave. it was a great choice and will definately go back. fitzgeralds will always have my business when im at the dells. thanks again margaret!! i couldnt have asked for more!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Hammond, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

First I have to say I read the reviews before going here. Second I have to say I cant see where any of the negative reviews came from. I had a very good impression about this place as soon as I arrived. The customer service was great, very friendly. When I got to my room it did NOT smell bad. The room made me feel at home. Had the a.c running nice n cool. Beds were comfy. Very clean. N made me n my family feel right at home. My husband liked it. N hes very picky. He right away said he will choose this place again.
The pool was very nice had pool floating tubes available to use.
Next very close to all the downtown stores, no need to pay for street parking. . I will definitely go stay here again. Plus affordable prices. try it!

• Stayed June 2012
Salzburg, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Aside from infrequent visits in the last few years, I travelled to Wisconsin Dells regularly from 1998-2002, once or twice a year, and picked Fitzgeralds Motel by chance the first time. After that, there was no question that I would always and very gladly return, because of my great first experience! Margaret and Eugene are the nicest people, generous and helpful, and their hospitality is heartwarming. Their place is very well maintained and they put a lot of effort into its appearance. Everything, from the outside to the rooms, is very clean and lovingly decorated. The rooms have the usual amenities, are nice and comfortable. The pool is great for everyone who likes to take a swim, and the location is very convenient for walking along the main street and getting easily to all the shops and restaurants. Fitzgeralds Motel is the perfect place to stay and I will happily return next time I get to the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo