“The best lodging for fun, energetic people!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Edge O' Dells Campground to your Saves list
Edge O' Dells Campground
2.5 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   N555 US 12 & 16, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Nisswa, Minnesota
“The best lodging for fun, energetic people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

Edge o Dells was simply awesome! The campground/RV park is 21 plus and it's the most fun we've had on a summer trip. There were six in our party and stayed in an RV.

Everyone at the campground is friendly and there to have a good time. The owners are very nice and willing to do everything they can to create a postive experience for their guests.

This is the cleanest campground I have ever stayed at. There are two shower houses with restroom facilities that are cleaner than most hotels. We had plenty of room to get ready and never had to wait in line. I would recommend showering before 9:00 am to ensure hot water. There are also porta-potties scattered across the grounds for convenience.

The bar and restaurant is great. Awesome DJ, two bars, and live bands. Plus, there's a pool with a bar and a ton of seating outside. Across the street is Cruisin' Chubby's - a fun gentleman's club that we visited one night. In addition, Edge o Dells is just minutes from the tourist shops and amusement parks of WI Dells.

This is a 21+ resort and guests should not be surprised to hear people partying until 3:00 am and back at it by 10:00 am. You must come to Edge o Dells with your party pants on!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Oakdale, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

i LOVE LOVE LOVE THE EDGE O DELLS AND I AM TYPING WITH A BROKEN ARM AND A CONCUSSION. :) JUST GOT BACK YESTERDAY AND WE HAD A GREAT TIME AGAIN. ALL I REMEMBER FROM LAST YEAR IS DON JUAN THE BARTENDER AND WE LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM AND THE ADORABLE SHORT STRIPPER :) I AM A GIRL BUT THE DANCER FROM ACROSS THE STREET WAS JUST A HUNNY BUN. This year was a lot more fun. We came with my fiance and my best friend. The staff was great, the owner was wonderful. DON JUAN STILL ROCKS! I couldn't ask for a better camp ground. clean bathrooms awsome drinks. Our camp site didn't have trees we thought it would matter but it didn't we were hardly at our site. We had so much fun in the games they had going on at the pool party and activites. The cook made me a sling for my broken arm until I could get to a hospital. HE was great too! OHH AND Try the deep fried pickles sounds gross but heaven in the mouth :) I even forgot my phone on our way home and called Sunny she went out to my site and picked it up for me. BEST PLACE TO GO AND BEST PRICE IN TOWN. Other camp grounds out there were over priced. Because this camp ground was sooo good to us we have made our trip out there an annual event. Can't wait to see you next year! THANKS FOR A GREAT TIME!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Chippewa Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

The campsites are big with electric for only $42 a night. Minutes from the Dells and they have a shuttle if you want to go that way. Pool open until 11 with waitstaff to get you drinks so you do not have to get out of the pool or hot tub. Will definitely go back next year for another weekend getaway from the kids.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Lake Geneva, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

Parked my motorhome in a premium campsite with my wife and our little dog courtesy of a golf cart escort. The site was huge and we were hooked up to water and electric in just minutes. We headed straight over to the nearby bar / restaurant for the Friday night fish fry and were quite pleased with the food and atmosphere. They really spent the money when they built this place and it sure does show. The bar stays open late and people really like to party in there! After dinner and some very reasonably priced drinks we went across the street to Cruisin' Chubbys (which we had been to in the past) and while we always have fun in there, after just about an hour we ended up back at the EdgeO Dells bar and partied there until close. That place is just plain fun!! Lots of parties in the campground, too. On Saturday we hung out at the awesome pool / bar and had a great time there, too. They even had a bikini contest! This place has everything! The campground itself is very nice with super clean bathrooms / showers and Sunny (the owner) makes sure that every camper is a happy camper. Love this place and we are surely looking forward to going back again...:) Party-On ! Eric from Lake Geneva.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

First of all, I would like everyone to know that I have absolutely no affiliation with this campground at all. I promise you that I'm just a really impressed customer that had a great time, and think everyone should know about it. If I can do whatever I can to help this place get more business, and be more packed (because the bigger crowds make a place like this more fun in my opinion), I will. And this seems like the most logical place to start be writing my review.

I was looking around, last minute of course, for a really fun spot in the near to Dells area for a place for my girlfriend, myself, and a group of my friends to go camping at. We are a group of late 20s/early 30s people without kids. Previously, we had been asked to leave Devils Lake campground on Memorial Day weekend due to being too noisy according to the rangers there (with no refund and a almost getting a fine). The funny part is that we weren't even loud at all. We There were just 6 of us sitting around a fire at about 11 PM at night. So this time I was looking for a place that wasn't as quiet or family oriented so as not to have any problems like before, and still have a good time camping (i.e. staying up late, talking around the fire until the wee hours of the morning, having a few beers/drinks throughout the night, and not troublesome of course). I called several places in and near the dells area to scope things out. It turned out everything happened to be extremely family oriented and super quiet. I was even led to believe that a group of adult singles/couples such as ours wasn't exactly welcome at some establishments. At one specific campground in the Dells (unnamed for now), an older woman whom said she was the owner wasn't very nice at all. I was probing the scenario with her on the phone, and she was asking me questions about our group in return. After I told her how many adults were coming while getting a price quote, she then asked me how many kids were coming with. I told her there were none. She asked why we weren't bringing our kids (being late 20s/early 30s adults). I proceeded to tell her it was because we didn't have any. She acted really weird and shocked about that and acted as if I was weird for not having any kids. Once she realized it was just a group of adults, she prejudged me/us, and told me she was really busy, and had to take down my name and number, and call me back. Of course, as fate would have it, she never called me back just I had suspected would happen based on her condescending attitude.

Then, I thought I came up with the best idea ever. I began wondering if anyone had ever come up with the concept of an adults only campground in my frustrated state after getting no where with all of these family places I kept finding everywhere. I figured it was a dead end idea, but started Googling anyhow (i.e. wisconsin dells campground 21+). To my extreme surprise I found the Edge O' Dells Campground online!!! I was amazed! What a concept! Finally a place where my friends and I could go and have a good time camping! I read some reviews online, most of them being really good, and decided that was the spot where we'd be setting up out tents for the 4th of July. I had read that Sunny was one of the owners and that she was really great, so I figured I would call and ask for her. When I called she even was the one who answered the phone. She was extremely accommodating and answered all of my disbelieving questions. I was still in shock at the diamond in the rough I had come across online. I made the last minute booking with her right away.

My friends and I went up there and had an absolute blast!!!! Where else can you go camping, have a great time partying, and sit in a hot tub 20 feet from the stage with an excellent band playing while being served drinks from a waitress coming to the hot tub??? The bathrooms were just like being at a nice corporate gym/fitness center. They were constantly cleaned, had full plumbing, multiple showers, toilets, sinks, mirrors, tiling, and were painted nicely. They are unlike any other campground bathrooms that I've ever been to before. You've all been to the ones where you have to pump quarters in the shower just to get burned or freeze, and where flip flops in there so you don't come out with some new disease or fungus... Some people gave this place a bad shake about the sites saying that there weren't enough trees or shade there. What those people probably didn't know is that there were a lot more trees previously that were apparently uprooted and removed due to a tornado that swept through the campground awhile back. A lot of the grounds and cabins were ruined. How can you blame the campground??? The food at the bar and grill also excellent, and we had a blast partying there much of the trip. We barely left the campground. It is one of those places that you can stay all weekend and have fun the entire time. We personally have a preference for staying in the group camping areas. That is where we stayed and I'm so glad that we did. The only sacrifice is having no power or water hook up, but the group sites are amazing. They are huge and full of trees. If you are going up in a group, it's the way to go. Plus, friendly campers across the gravel from the group areas will most likely let you come by their site to get water, or run a chord to get some power for a few minutes if you need. We had no trouble at all. While at our site at night, we received no complaints at all, no one had to stop by our site and tell us (or threaten us as paying customers) to quiet down, and we didn't act any differently than we usually would. Many other campgrounds would threaten paying customers or kick them out just for talking around the fire while having a few drinks after 10 PM. Trust me. I know. Not here though. This is the place to go if you are a group of adults out for a good time and some partying. Partying isn't just for teenagers these days. Us adults love to unwind, get out of the office and have some drinks around the fire too. The owners were great. They are very personal with their patrons as well as being very personable too. If you have any issue with anything or any of the employees, just speak with the owners. They want to make sure you are having a good time, and seem to go out of their way just to make sure that is happening. I was also impressed with the fact that they had their own fireworks show too. By the way, if you are looking for a bit of the racy fun, they also own Cruisin' Chubbies, the gentleman's club right across the street. I could probably spend more time writing about my experience here, but I think I've given a pretty well rounded account of my time. I need to go call Sunny and make my reservation for this Labor Day next weekend, last minute of course. And now that I have told all of my friends down here in Chicago about this place, the group going is a bit bigger now.

-Joshua from Chicago

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Kenosha,Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

Me & my boyfriend arrived on a Sat afternoon the 1st of Aug ... The owner was so friendly and accommodating.We was escorted to our Tent site -Our tent site had shade and was quite large -Big enough to put our tent and gazebo up plus room to site around the fire pit. Very Clean bathrooms & showers/The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bands Rocked!!! The hot body contest was fun(I just watched)We are defiantly going back next year and we are bringing more people next time. I give this Campsite 10 Stars and 2 thumbs up

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

We have a group of 20+ that camp together once a year. We have had several bad experiences at "family" camp sites. I chose this location this year based on their web site, and talking with the staff. It seemed perfect for our group. I was not dissapointed! The staff was very accommodating while planning our stay, and while we were there as well. The site was modern, comfortable, and clean. The pool/ hottub/ bar area was a blast. I heard many good things from our group members. They liked that we were close to so many other attractions. There was plenty do do and see on and off site. We weren't fielding complaints after 9 because we were too loud. I love the concept of an adult site, and it worked out great for our group! We will be back next year.

• Stayed July 2009

Been to Edge O' Dells Campground? Share your experiences!