“Less Than Desirable” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Edge O' Dells Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Edge O' Dells Campground
You added Edge O' Dells Campground to your Saves list
N555 US 12 & 16, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Markesan, Wisconsin
“Less Than Desirable”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed at Edge of The Dells in August of this year during Edge Fest. The live music and the weather were a definite plus. You could not have asked for better entertainment and a nicer weekend to camp. However, the weekend was not without it's flaws. The first night we were there, we were approached by another couple late in the evening, stating we were camping on their site. We had been there since early afternoon that same day. My husband went up with them to the office to see what had happened and he was told that it was customary for the owner to double book sites just to make sure the site is taken if somebody backs out. My husband was willing to let them use our site as we were camping with another couple and using their site for most of our activities but he did request that he get some of our money back if we agreed to do this. The girls in the office would not agree to that and told the other couple they would try to accomodate them at that point. It seemed rediculous to us that this was a common practice especially since we sent a confiramtion email just days before letting them know that all of us would be coming and using both sites! And nothing was said to us that there was another couple registered to our site when we checked in. Guess we were lucky we got there early or it would have been us out of luck! Another downside to this resort is that the only flush toilets are at the front of the resort. If you are camped towards the back , you have to use a portapotty and by Saturday night, all of those were full to the seat!! It was obvious to me that these toilets do not get pumped out before a big weekend. So by Saturday night and Sunday morning, I was left to walk all the way across the campground just to use a bathroom! Also, when you go into the office, there are signs everywhere telling you that you get a free bag of ice with every liquor purchase. There was no indication as to how much your liquor bill had to come to, nor did it say anything about beer being exluded. We bought a 12 pack of beer for 12.99 and grabbed two bags of ice. We were told that we could not get a bag free because our purchase didn't qualify for it? Excuse me but last I knew beer was liquor? She then told us that maybe if we had bought a case, she MIGHT have given us the free bag. So if I would have bought a less expensive bottle of hard liquor then I could have gotten my ice for free?? What a racket!! Finally (yes there is more), I had signed up to join their text club. This is advertised all over the bar area. It also stated in the text that you got for signing up that you get a free drink for joining and to show the text to the bar tender. I did not utilize my free drink that night because I had already had plenty and planned on using it the next day. When I presented this text to the bar tender, she questioned my honesty by saying rather rudely "You haven't used this yet?" I stated "No I have not". She then said "Okayyyyy" like she was doing me a favor. I told her "I will delete in right in front of you if you're worried that much about it". In general, the women working at the bar areas and in the pool areas were less than friendly most of the weekend. Generally speaking, when we were at our campsite with our friends and in the pool area, life was good. Outside of that, less than desirable. Bring lots of money because you can not carry beverages into the pool area or the volleyball / horseshoe pits area. You have to purchase from the bar to have alcohol in those areas according to Wisconsin State Statute. Would I race back there again?? Maybe for one adult weekend next year but this is not going to be our "go to" place to have fun, that's for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Avon, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were looking for a spot to camp. It was dark, we were tired and wanted to get settled. Edge O'Dells looked great, so we pulled in. The office was closed, but in so many places where we've camped, you pick your spot and go pay at the office in the morning. So, we picked a spot. We had just parked and were stepping out of our rv when a woman pulled up and asked us what we were doing. We said we wanted to camp. Then she saw our son, who is 14, and said, "You can't stay here." She barraged us with questions, "Didn't you see the sign that said you must be 21 to enter? It's right at the entrance." We apologized, said we were very sorry, didn't mean to cause trouble, were just looking for a camping spot . . . and she kept at it. I said we'd camped many places and it was common practice to find a spot and pay in the morning. Boy, that didn't sit well with her at all. I apologized again, she wouldn't stop with the rudeness, so I said there wasn't any reason to be nasty, that we'd made a mistake, we were sorry, and we would leave. She said there was every reason to be rude, telling us we were trespassing and that she wouldn't come into our house without asking, that we needed to leave right away . . . Trust me, we couldn't get out of there fast enough. It's been a long time since I've encountered someone who wouldn't accept an apology and recognize an honest mistake. Maybe she'd had a bad day. It was such an unpleasant experience.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I rented two of their deluxe cabins for a bachelor party almost two months ago. I have been in the hospitality industry for close to 15 years and was completely and utterly impressed with every aspect of our experience! I am so very grateful for the time spent on the phone answering questions and making recommendations... The cabins were clean and equipped with more than what we were expecting. We had a rather large group (hence the two cabins) and the bar/restaurant on site was happy to accommodate our needs for a large table by a television with game audio for a Blackhawks game. Service and food were both excellent!!! The on site pool area was a blast! I could definitely go on about my experience but I will leave it to you to try it all out for yourself!

Room Tip: Cabins with a bathroom are a must! Worth the extra money for sure!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

What a fun place for adults to get away and play! Nice area, great cabins, and lots of fun amenities. Swim in the pool, hot tub, sip on a cocktail, sing karaoke, or just sit by the fire...whatever you're doing, you won't do it alone...people here are so friendly! Would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

my husband and I were seeking a place after last minute deciding to stay at the dells for an extra night. We landed by pure coincidence at this place that accepted my dog but no children. hahaha I loved it!!! we got to enjoy everything this place has to offer on one single night. The pool was empty not many people around 6 o'clock and it was perfect!!! The cabin was SPOTLESS & IMPECCABLE. Practically NEW. THe owners and receptionist Jasmine were sooo sweet!!!! & provided excellent customer service. We have found our home away from home up here in the dells!!! We will never again stay any where else. Staying any where else seems like it would be a down grade. Not sure there is anything better.
Thanks jasmine. Dany and Krystal =)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Davenport, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

There is one simple way to say this....

Edge O' Dells is awesome.

This was our group's second time staying here and it was great once again.

Pros:

Cabins are very cool and clean.

Bathroom/showerhouse is very clean.

Food in the resort bar/restaurant is amazing. I was with one of my friends who pretty much complains about at least one thing at every restaurant, and even he loved everything. You won't find a better chicken wing anywhere. Guaranteed.

The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and make sure everyone is having a good time. The owner remembered us from last year and treated us as if we had known her for 20 years.

You can party here or relax here. There is a pool bar, a restaurant bar, and a club across the street. On the nights we wanted to party, we did. On the nights we wanted to sit in our "yard" and turn on some tunes and kick back, we did and it was very relaxing. I suppose this could vary a little depending on who is around you, but we quickly made friends with our weekend neighbors, and everything was gravy.

You are minutes from everything the Dells has to offer, and cabs will come and get you for 5 bucks a person. Even on Saturday night, they were there to get us in 10 minutes.

The price. We had 7 guys this year, had a cabin and an RV spot for 3 nights, and it was cheaper than a hotel with more to offer.

With our stay, we got discounted admission to Noah's Ark and Mt. Olympus.

Cons:

I am not still sitting outside my cabin enjoying a refreshing drink, but rather back to my life of working and paying bills.

Thanks again, Sunny and everyone else who works hard to make Edge O'Dells a great place to be!

• Stayed June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

100% would recommend. Rented a cabin for 2 nights for bachelor party and we all had a blast the entire time! Clean site, restaurant had great food, the staff was super fun and accommodating. And the venue across the street was even better. Some of these reviews say its pricey but in my opinion it was very affordable, even after buying 23 shots. I guess it just depends your view of "pricey"

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Edge O' Dells Campground? Share your experiences!