“"The Best Resort in the Dells"” 5 of 5 stars

You added Delton Grand Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Delton Grand Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   670 East Lake Avenue, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Chicago, Illinois
“"The Best Resort in the Dells"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our stay here was fantastic, the Condo was top of the line and the view of lake delton was even better. The pool area which is just of the lake is a great place to relax before you start your fun for the day.Your close to downtown and all the restaurants and amenities that you can think of. I was here on a golfiing trip with some friends and played one of the best courses i have ever played and i golf alot. This is the best place to stay at in the dells it just has everything that you would want i would highly recommend Delton Grand Resort to anyone. Thank you for the wonderful time here i can not wait to come back!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Mantorville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our stay was fabulous! Cheyenne greeted us upon arrival and welcomed us to the Delton Grand Resort and Spa with genuine warmth and dedication to our every need. The condo is absolutely beautiful with lovely decor, quality amenities, immaculate, comfortable and cozy furniture, and breathtaking view of Lake Delton. The panoramic views of the area are absolutely spectacular and we loved watching all the activity on the lake. We have rented many condos through the years but have never been this impressed with a resort and its staff. Cheyenne exemplifies the true meaning of customer service excellence. She goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure total customer satisfaction. Her passion and dedication to assist the customer with every detail comes through in all of her actions. We plan to return year after year to make it our getaway choice every Summer! We highly recommend this rental! Thank you for the phenomenal weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Great time spent with Fabulous Friends at an equally Fabulous Resort! Condo was beautiful and the view of Lake Delton was Amazing! The massage at the Spa..... heavenly! Will set aside more time to spend there next year for sure. Such a perfect spot for great getaway can not be easily found - be sure to book a visit!

• Stayed August 2013
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The condo itself was decent and clean and the patio door opens steps away from Lake Delton. The location is amazing and is what makes this property stand out.

The room we received was a 1 bedroom condo (Renaissance Room) that had a large walk in shower, hot tub, mini fridge, microwave, and table and chairs. There was a couple of gas grills on the property which I thought was a nice touch. Grill out near the beach with a couple of beers and you were all set.

The one thing that left me scratching my head is the peekabo window that looks into the shower. And if you look through the shower you see the toilet. Just what I want to watch is someone on the toilet.

Here's a small list of pro's and con's about the property.

<U>Pro's</U>
Location
Cleanliness
Courteous staff
Amenities

<U>Con's</U>
Window into shower
Decal on wall behind bed was peeling
Control for hot tub was cracked and unreadable
Plumbing for shower/hot tubs in other rooms are LOUD

Overall I give the property 3 stars and the location 5 stars. I would come back again if I received the same price/deal as I had (under $60 for 2 nights plus tax).

Room Tip: The theme rooms are mere steps away from Lake Delton. Open the patio door and just step out to the l...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wow! This place is absolutely beautiful. The scenery is breath taking. The apartment is very clean. Great location, just down the street from Noah's Ark and the main drag. The kids enjoyed playing in the lake and private beach. This is a great choice for families. Would defidently come back.

• Stayed August 2013
Joliet, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Upon doing some major research into the hotels that Wisconsin Dells has to offer at this point in time, I wasn't too impressed with what I saw (lots of places are extremely 'outdated',). Since the dells is such a family-friendly place with most of the top resorts offering big indoor/outdoor water parks, it was hard to find an upper-scale, adult-friendly, quiet, and newly-constructed I might add...getaway. And alas, amongst all my internet searching I found The Delton Grand!

The Delton Grand is offset of the major strip, which is nice. You are not set in the middle the hustle and bustle of all the families and traffic. Its in a nice wooded area, seemingly amidst a quiet residential neighborhood. Upon arrival to the resort, you can see the beautiful Lake Delton sparkling, peeking out from all the trees. Check in was at 4 (certainly no earlier, the front desk implied) and check out is at 11am.

Our theme-suite was located on the bottom floor of a building right off the lake, how beautiful! The building lent itself to looking more like a private town home complex rather than a hotel, which just further illustrated to us just how private and sublimely 'different' this property is. The hallways of the 'theme-suite' building are very chic, and sophisticately dimly lit. The doors are clearly marked with a nice placard that denotes each suite's theme. Upon entry to our suite, the lights were on welcoming us and I could see the vacuum lines in out nice, new, plush carpet (for a hotel germ-a-phobe this is a welcomed sight). Everything looked up-to date and just like the pictures on the website. The room was very large, could have easily been a 'large studio apartment size' with a very large bathroom. The luxurious-looking shower was nice to see, and the large vanity was a great asset as well. The kicker was the view: a lake-front room with patio slab and a great scene of all the boating and nature that Lake Delton had to offer! The sun was shining and our patio furniture was perfect to just take in the view! I didn't see any children at the resort and to be honest, it's such a quiet resort (probably because of my Monday-Tuesday travel time) that I didn't even run in to any patrons! Overall, the appearance and the vibe of the resort is very chill, new, upscale and mature.

Of course, I have a few deeper observations. I mentioned that I am a hotel germ-a-phobe. This is mostly because of my many years working in the hotel industry. I notice when housekeeping misses a step, and to that I elaborate on my Delton Grand findings:
Upon showering, I noticed a small clump of long, curly black hairs in two spots of the showers. Since the shower tile is white, I don't see how housekeeping could miss something as obvious as this. This small oversight isn't the end of the world, but it didn't make me want to step foot in the other half of the shower, or even take a soak in the large whirlpool tub. Also, my husband noticed actual sand on top of the picture that was in the bathroom. Weird, how would SAND get up there?! And why isn't housekeeping being thorough in their however-may-point inspection? Seems like a normal place to dust doesn't it? My only other complaint is the duvet on the bed seemed worn, unlike the fresh, new, shiny objects in the room it seemed out of place.

Overall, I felt that the Delton Grand was a nice place to stay, with lots of walking paths on and around the property. It was a relief to find this beautiful property amongst the cheesy-themed family water park hotels. I definitely would recommend this place for anyone who wants more of a VIP style place to say when traveling to Wisconsin Dells. It is sure to be a great choice for any couple looking for a romantic getaway, or someone who is looking for that privately owned town home style feel to add to their trip accommodations. There were a few downfalls that I stumbled upon, housekeeping related, that could easily be fixed with proper oversight of staff and enforcement of quality-control, but the average person might not even be aware of these slight slip-ups. I would recommended this place in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Every year a group of my girlfriends go to a spa for relaxing and regenerating our spirits. This year we decided to change resorts and search for another spa resort. I am so glad I decided to contact the staff by telephone and booked this vacation. We were in a two bedroom suite looking into Lake Delton. The suite was "fabulous" We sat on the balcony every morning enjoying the sunrise and evening sunset. The suite was spacious, very clean and comfortable. Every thing you need to have a relaxing trip. There are plenty of restaurants in the area and we also ordered food from a restaurant. Only thing that was different is that we did not have housekeeping service. There was a charge for that service and we just emptied our garbage when necessary instead of paying for that. The spa was just ok. Overall, I would recommend this resort and we intend to be there again next year.....in room 426c! Oh, the project director, Rich Kawalec was so helpful....Thaanks!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Delton Grand Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!