This is a place to come and unwind, especially during the cold days. We had the whole resort to ourselves, or so it seemed. I took my kids out for walks, around the property, went sledding, played in the playground, and visited the lake and the ducks. It all looked picture perfect, with all the white snow on the ground. The way the units are set up, with the fire place and the huge windows and patio doors surrounding the living area, it made for a relaxing view, (this is true of the cornered loft units) especially since we got as much snow as you would want to have on a Christmas day. But the view made it just perfect for hot cocoa and an Uno game, around the table. The unit has everything a family needs for cooking, and basics. They provide enough dishwasher soap for the whole week, and the small dishwashing soap for manual washing was enough too, and I cooked everyday. The set up of the unit is nice and open, maybe too open for the loft bedroom, since you can hear everything that is going on downstairs. For me that was a plus, since I could keep an eye out for the kids, and even what they were watching, and so on. The bedroom downstairs had a sliding door as well to walk out to the patio, which I think made it cooler than the rest of the unit. We asked for a space heater and presto all resolved. The only reason I gave this wonderful, relaxing place a 3 is because it is showing its age, and their thick covers smelled a little old, maybe from being in the closets for a long time. I am sure I could have exchanged them easily, but you must drive to a place at certain hours to do so, and I never got around to do it. Other than that it was clean, with some oversights, such as dead flies around the sliding doors??, and some empty water bottle under the bed. They did offer to come clean it up as soon as I told them. The fun center is fun, basketball, racquetball, a play room for the little ones, a gym, and of course the pool, plenty to keep everyone busy. Felt safe. They have updated this space nicely, the pictures on their website do not show all the reno. They were just finishing the locker rooms; they looked nice. The best for last the staff is very friendly and ready to help. I give them a 5. Thank you for accommodating us nicely. I loved the place, and they do, as I was told try to update at least 10 units a year. So, little by little the units are looking more updated. All in all, well worth the visit. We had fun!! Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located midway between Chicago and Minneapolis, Wisconsin Dells is an ideal family vacation spot with a variety of entertaining activities offered year-round. In the late fall and winter, you can ski, snowmobile and ice skate. In the spring and summer, take the kids to ride the Ducks on a scenic tour or to one of the thrilling water parks. Whether you're bringing the kids on vacation, or you're just a kid at heart, the Wisconsin Dells will keep you coming back for more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarack And Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort
- Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Fairfield Wisconsin Dells