We just got back from this resort. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with the bedrooms upstairs. We were already in the Dells staying at a different place so we went to check in here at about 11:00 am. We didn't think we would be able to get into our room so quick but they said they had a unit ready. We were happy about that and had no problems at check-in. We were in a unit in the Birch section. The unit was a bit out-dated with old furniture, cabinets, tv's, etc.
But....around 8:30 pm, we got neighbors in the unit next to us. They obviously had small children that immediately started running up and down the stairs and from room to room. Holy cow we thought elephants were next to us! This went on for 2 hours and we just couldn't stand it any longer! I went up to the office to see if we could be moved and the front desk girl was not nice at all. She said they were pretty booked and didn't think she could change us plus she said since we were in our room for most of the day that the cleaning crew would have to clean the room so it wouldn't be ready for the guests checking in the next day. What? Check-in time is 4:00 so why would the room not be ready for them? Finally after a lot of back and forth, she was able to find us a different unit.
The next unit we were in was in the Evergreen section. It was a bit more updated with newer furniture and tv's. The kitchen cabinets definitely need to be updated but it was a much better unit than the first one we were in. We didn't have any problems with neighbors at this unit but every now and then we could hear the walls shake from them moving around in their unit. I think this resort just really needs to do some better sound-proofing!
There really wasn't much to do here except go to the lobby/activity center to swim in the pool or play tennis or raquetball. The pond with waterfall and ducks was probably the best part of the place.
We did not like this place at all and will never stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located midway between Chicago and Minneapolis, Wisconsin Dells is an ideal family vacation spot with a variety of entertaining activities offered year-round. In the late fall and winter, you can ski, snowmobile and ice skate. In the spring and summer, take the kids to ride the Ducks on a scenic tour or to one of the thrilling water parks. Whether you're bringing the kids on vacation, or you're just a kid at heart, the Wisconsin Dells will keep you coming back for more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarack And Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort
- Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Fairfield Wisconsin Dells