We just came back from the Tamarack Saturday after a 7 day stay with Travel Advantage Network (TAN member since 1988) and I am very happy with the resort offerings. And just 2 short miles from Downtown Wisconsin Dells, but, its closer to all the water parks. It’s also a 5 minute drive rite to the Wilderness and the Great Wolf, you can drive by and make fun of all the people who just overpaid for their stay in the Dells... If you like wooded out of the way areas with open space, peace and quiet this is the place for you. The ducks (not the boats) come by your place and will wait to see if you are willing to feed them and then move on. As I was packing to leave, a mama duck stopped by with all her babies, hung around for a bit and it was a very welcome treat for my two kids who came out to enjoy the company before they moved on to the next condo unit and before we departed to go back home.
We stayed in the Birch condo unit which is in the middle of everything on the property and puts you walking distance between the recreation center (Very impressive) with the indoor pool, game room, exercise room, racquet ball and more, the outdoor pool by the kids play ground, tennis and volley ball courts, the laundry facilities, the maintenance facilities and the fully stocked Hummingbird lake with plenty of active fish for your kids or adults. And at this point I will not give away any fishing secrets here, this is something you have to experience for yourself. All you have to do at this place in the morning is wake up, make breakfast and head out after you have planed your days activities at the Tamarack or in the Dells. Oh and DON’T forget to plan one evening at the Big Sky Drive in, it’s only 20 minutes away. Also, the best activity for the cost to get in, is to take your family to Circus World in Baraboo. It was very cool, I was just amazed. Be sure to pick up a Dells Coupon book, it will give you many great saving , including 2 for 1 to Noah’s Ark for the day.
To this day I have not been disappointed with the TAN Property offerings. With TAN or without TAN this is a great bargain to stay in the Dells, you will leave exhausted and happy.
The ONLY con, which is tiny little blip is the GPS puts you at the very beginning of Xanadu Road in some residential section. I’ve seen that complaint on other reviews. But if you keep driving past the express way towards the Walmart sign (Rt23) on Xanadu Road as soon as you pass up the hill, you are home for the week.
This was a great family trip and an even better place to stay… I Can’t wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located midway between Chicago and Minneapolis, Wisconsin Dells is an ideal family vacation spot with a variety of entertaining activities offered year-round. In the late fall and winter, you can ski, snowmobile and ice skate. In the spring and summer, take the kids to ride the Ducks on a scenic tour or to one of the thrilling water parks. Whether you're bringing the kids on vacation, or you're just a kid at heart, the Wisconsin Dells will keep you coming back for more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Tamarack And Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort
- Fairfield Wisconsin Dells