“Great location, nice resort.” 4 of 5 stars

Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   874 Xanadu Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #34 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
delavan
“Great location, nice resort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The resort is located right in between Mirror Lake State park and all the hustle and bustle of the downtown Dells. The Condos are roomy and comfortable. Some could use updating so if things like flat screen tv's are important to you, you should request an updated condo. Some aren't. Overall we had a wonderful time and enjoyed the resort amenities. One indoor pool, one out. Great indoor tennis courts, workout room and racket ball. Even a nice little arcade for the kids. The resort offers complimentary peddle boats as well. Plenty of space to relax and our own patio area with a charcole grill. We did have an issue with a flooded toilet and the resort maitenance and manager resolved the issue as quickly as they could. Good customer service and it was appreciated. If your looking for a nice roomy place with all the comforts of home this would suffice quite well. We enjoyed out get away very much.

Room Tip: You can request an updated room if available but all the condos are very comfortable. Views of tower...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We stayed here for 5 days having swapped our Timeshare week. The weather was cold, but we arrived to find the heater had been put on prior to our arrival, so it was lovely and warm. Everything we needed was in the apartment, however it could do with a refurbishment. the bedroom would fit a king-size bed, and could be re-arranged so the closest door does not hit the bedside table when it is opened. Also, the lounge could be re-configured for more comfort.

Room Tip: WE stayed in Evergreen 29, which was quiet although a bit far from the Guest Laundry (we drove to it...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We had a very enjoyable stay at Tamarack! Highly recommended, peaceful stay and you can still enjoy the waterparks if you would like.

Room Tip: birch rooms are new remodeled!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

I work in an upscale downtown hotel, so you can say I'm a bit of a snob in that regards, however, I was pleasantly surprised by the accommodation and would absolutely go back for a weekend stay. I haven't done the time share thing in the Dells...and don't think I would...however, for the simple purposes of getting away with the family, this is a fantastic option!

Forest View, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

we stayed a week here in unit Oak 3. No internet, NO HOT WATER FOR A PARTY OF 4. The sleeper needs to be replace everything else is just ok. again nothing to brag about.

Winona, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Just returned from a week trading in our timeshare unit in a Mirror Lake town home (condo?). We had a unit with two bedrooms upstairs and a living room/dining area/kitchen on the main floor. These are nice-ish units, but not nearly as nice as some of the other vacation properties we've used with our timeshare.

The beds are probably the worst thing about the unit - one bedroom had two twin beds (very firm), the other had a double bed. Yes, a double bed. The couches are comfortable and attrractive, but the fold out bed from the big one in the living room was probably the worst nightmare night of sleep I've ever had. You can't help but kind of roll towards the center for some reason, and the mattress is about as thin as credit card, so you can feel every.single.spring underneath. I strongly recommend a thick quilt to put down unless someone in your group is a chiropractor.

The kitchen was fairly well outfitted, but was missing odd things like a cookie sheet, and a kitchen sponge, even though we were supposed to do the dishes. Also, bring regular-sized coffee filters or you'll be running to Wal-Mart for some if you want to drink coffee.

The big TV in the living room was nice, but we couldn't get the DVD player to work. Also, a warning to people who like the Internet - this place has challenges. The check-in folks told us there was no Internet available at all, but my computer found active routers for the place so I hooked up to one. It was a pay service - $10 for 24 hours - and it was sloooooow and you could only get it in certain spots in the unit, but it was better than nothing. The front desk people didn't believe me when I told them I was hooked up to Internet - they said that service was supposed to be gone but that the resort was exploring a new free Wi-Fi service... anyway, it's a weird limbo thing I guess.

We bought the discount tickets for Kalahari's water park from the resort ($32 each), but looking back I would have probably waited until 5 or 6 p.m. when Kalahari's evening discount ($25) kicks in -- the water park is nice but I wouldn't put it above Chula Vista, and I'd put it well below the Wilderness.

If I needed to visit the Dells again I would *probably* stay here again, but I'd sure check if something at Chula Vista or Glacier Canyon was available first.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I own my unit at Tamarack and I've stayed there every summer since 1987. I've outlasted 4 different owners of the resort itself and I've seen the changes that have taken place over the years. In that time I've had the opportunity to stay at some of the much newer and larger resorts in Wisconsin Dells. At one point, even the opportunity to switch to a unit at the Wilderness through some sort of arrangement with the owners of Tamarack at that time (Wyndam). Tamarack is where I prefer to stay. The staff knows me, and I know them. The resort has all the amenities one would need to enjoy a week away from the world without the attractions one finds in Wisconsin Dells. And those are ALL close by. My grandchildren, who are now all on the verge of their teenage years don't know a summer that does not include a week at Tamarack. A stay at Tamarack has become a part of our summer. I can't imagine a summer without it. It's the perfect place for family. I recommend it highly. I do have one complaint though...4 years ago they removed the wall to wall carpet and put in laminate flooring. My unit has become an echo chamber without it, and children can make a lot of noise. I'd like my wall to wall carpet back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort? Share your experiences!