“Amazing Prices, Amazing Place.............” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fields Park Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Fields Park Motel
715 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI   |
Ranked #29 of 75 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing Prices, Amazing Place.............”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

This Motel is a very very nice motel which is why me and my family have been coming here for the past five years and running.The Motel is in a very unique location; only 2-3 blocks away from the downtown dells strip.The service is excellent and the people are very nice. In fact, when we ran out of toilet paper, my son went to get it from the check in lobby and got caught in a 20 minute conversation with the manager.The motel is very clean.the rugs are very clean, the pool is cleaned daily and has chlorine in it 24/7. The parking lot is very clean and same with the lobby and the hallways . I don't know what those other reveiwers are talking about. I Highly recommend this motel for any familys that were about to stay somewhere else for about $200-300 per night.

My tips: go on the website- they have special offers.
:bring a couple extra pillows, they only give you one per side of the bed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

While the cost of this motel was great during the off season (2 nights for $99) I wouldn't pay their $89/night regular cost. The room itself was very comfortable however we had issues with EXTREMELY loud neighbors, no hot water and the tv didn't get most of the channels it was supposed to including cartoon channels which is not exactly ideal with a 2 year old. When we asked if we could get a different room we were told that all rooms were full even tho the vacancy light was on. Also when we said something about the tv they said all the tvs weren't getting most channels however our friends tv got all the channels and when we told them that they just stuttered. Again was worth $50/night but I wouldn't pay $90/night

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Nice old fashioned motel. Good location only 3 short blocks east of the main drag center. Stayed here for the free Wilderness passes. Great deal for that! Cousins spent $300/night for a STANDARD ROOM at Wilderness, while we payed $59/night here! The high price at Wilderness was due to capacity. Couldn't believe how many baseball & softball tournaments were held at the same time!

So this motel is what it is: very inexpensive, basic comforts, old design, fine place to sleep safely at night. Free wifi & coffee! Tiny clean pool, but nobody goes here to swim anyway. Anyone looking for a lux experience at this price, go on a timeshare tour somewhere else! I give it 4 TripAdvisor dots which means Very Good for a 2 star motel. Others should rate their stays based on how the place lives up to their promise.

By the way, beware the waterparks at Wilderness. Many very unsafe areas. I got skinned on one of the outdoor fast body slides. Elbows, forearms, middle of my back...all bloody after hitting the ultra-rough sandpaper bottom of the landing pool. Lifeguard just looked at me like "get out of the water, dude!" then offered me a bandaid! No reports, no supervisor, no assistance whatsoever.

I went to the supervisor's office & he had the best reaction when I asked, "Now what do I do?" He said, "Well we gave you bandaids, now you can go back swimming." I said, "In that germ infested cesspool?" His response was, "I guess you're right. You could always go play Laser Tag, or zip line, or go for a walk...there's plenty more to do here at Wilderness!" No apology, no acknowledgment that this particular slide had a dangerous landing, didn't even offer me a lollipop!

So I sat in pain watching the wave pool comedy show. Each time the waves fired up, I'd see at least 5 people come out crying & injured. Again, nobody from Wilderness gives a Wilder-rat's behind! Go at your own risk.

-SeaBass

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This was my second year staying at Fields motel. Our rooms are always clean, staff very friendly, and the free tickets to Wilderness Indoor/Outdoor waterpark are worth your stay! I take my kids yearly for a getaway with other Mom's during our kids spring breaks. We had 5 rooms this year. The motel works out great for groups who enjoy adjoining rooms or rooms all close together. This year our room was upgraded for free to a whirlpool suite, with pull out sofa and seperate sleeping room. We always have a great time, and they always accomodate us very well. I plan to book another nite this summer for a day at the waterpark and in fall for their large shopping weekend. Great place and worth the free Wilderness water park passes.

Room Tip: check on their website, they have specials
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Truly a step beyond reality. After reading the reviews we decided to take a chance... wrong move. The only thing this motel would be good for is partying, staying up late and passing out in. The rooms are filthy (not sure why other travelers said it was clean... they must have barn standards) and even the pool and parking lot were full of garbage. The adjacent restaurant is disgusting and we don't recommend even having your dog eat there. The rooms are small and the walls are paper thin. One side of us were partying all night and the other side had a baby crying all night. The heater didn't work in the room and we were up all night. The owner was nice enough to recommend us a different hotel after she gave us a refund for our second night. She seemed to think she was doing us a favor! She should have refunded the entire amount for both nights but I made the mistake of paying in cash... oh stupid me! Smart mouth woman had the nerve to tell me the couple with the baby left because we asked them to quiet their baby down. Oh... we're so sorry. Don't get roped in by the free waterpark passes. Every place gives free passes... just not to this over-crowded over-priced one. Do yourself a favor and stay anywhere else... unless you're a party animal that doesn't mind staying up all night in a dump.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

close to downtown dells front desk was very friendly , room was very clean ,

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

We paid $49.99 a night! Great value :) Our room was very clean and properly stocked. The bathroom was super clean and even smelled like cleaner. We had a jacuzzi that was spotless and worked. The front desk was super pleasant and nice - we came during a snow storm and she called to make sure we were okay! Along with the great price the location was a block away from EVERYTHING and our favorite restaurant The High Rock Cafe! We even got FREE passes to the Wilderness Resort - we used them and had access to 3 indoor waterparks. We will defintely be returning.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Fields Park Motel? Share your experiences!