“Dirtiest motel room i ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge

Save Saved
You added Travelodge to your Saves list
Travelodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 West Munroe St, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 (Formerly Econo Lodge Wisconsin Dells)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #62 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Brenham, Tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We took a train from Austin, Tx to Chicago, Il ,Rented car androve to see wife parents in wisconsin with our two 18 month olds, no dogs were with us. We went to the Dells for an overnight trip, to go to the waterparks. Found Travel Lodge in book, had decent rate, and booked it. I wish I would of come on this site first to review, anyway, I booked two adjoining rooms for my wife and kids and the Grandparents. Rooms were ok but smelled like musty cigarette smoke and butt. We only slept there one night, did not eat their "continental breakfast", because you can't call stale bagels and gross cereal "continental" unles the continent is cheap, dirty, day old food land. I paid my bill, and that was the last time we were ging to stay there. When I got back home tto Texas the following week, I was balancing my check book and noticed I had been charged $ 30 the next day, tried to call but no answer,after many tries on different days, then callled my bank and disputed charges, that was 2 months ago.got a letter todays saying that the hotel charged my for having dogs in the room, which was a lie, or a huge mistake on their part. I finally got a hold of someone from the hotel and they said that there was dog poop all oover the room.. We had no dog, we are form out of state on one day trip to waterpark town, what did we do, rent a dog and sneak it in and make it crap everywhere??? I nhave been traveling for many years now, staying in different hotel all oover the country and the world for my old job, but never have heard of any hting like it, funny as hell!!! The people who own the palce are total lairs and con artists and I am fileing a claim with the corporate, the BBB, and taking them to small claims court as a matter of priciple. They probably do this all the time and no one cares because the charge is small. IF their was shait all over the whole room don't you think they would charge more for the damage?? They are crooks and they Hotel is nasty, stay anywhere else. And one more thing is you should,if you can for me, when you drive by there on your way to a better hotel, filp them the bird for me, thanks.

Room Tip: Never stay here, they have low standards and will charege you for extras because they owner and his...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CALEDONIA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

One bed was questionable whether it had been previously slept in and was discussed with the manager. The other bed did not have the sheets tucked in and by morning we were sleeping on the mattress! There was not soap, shampoo in the room at the time of an early check in and had to be asked for. When we came back to the room at nine o'clock in the evening there was no TV tuner in the room, When we went to the front desk the desk clerk said, "you must be in room 209 I will have to have someone come and bring a tuner." The tuner had to be retuned and did not work past 20 channels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the hotel for two nights. We wanted to have a great memory. However, it was a total disaster and nightmare. We were woken up by bed bugs at 4 am in the morning. We went down to the lobby and stayed there to call the number (#312) supposedly connected to the on duty staff member. We kept calling for more than half an hour, nobody showed up. In the end, I needed to knock on a door to find somebody help me to call the manager. Manager Raj Sharma refused to come, saying he lived more than one hour away from the hotel and would not be able to come so early in the morning. He said there was nothing that he can do to help. In the end, we were afraid to bring bed bugs home. So we left all our belonging in the room including the luggage and all the non-essential clothes, which is worth more than five hundred dollars, in the hotel room. We just left with our credit cards and phones, and bought new shoes and clothes in Wal-Mart, then took shower at a Petro travel plaza. DO NOT GO TO THIS PLACE, IF YOU DON’T WANT TO END UP SAME AS US.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Do not waste your time and money on this place! Went for a quick weekend getaway with our dog. Checked in without incident. Upon entering the room, we were slapped in the face with the strongest mildew/musty smell ever!! We figured that since we were in a pet friendly room, maybe the room hadn't been utilized in a while and decided to try to 'air out' the room by just opening the window. But alas, there was no screen on said window. Ok, next attempt to de-stinkify was to use our own cologne/perfume throughout the room - fail. Since it was late, we just decided to deal with it. Upon further inspection of the room, we found a dirty toilet seat, dead bug on the floor in bathroom, 1/4 roll of toilet paper, broken A/C unit, toe nail clippings on the floor between the bed and nightstand, and a former guest's pet hair on the comforters. The area that we were instructed to take our dog out for potty was just as bad. There were about 20 mattresses stacked up next to the shed with a black tarp attempting to cover them, about 15 lost/stolen bicycles with random tires and other parts strewn about, about 20 broken/damaged/torn screens (remember ours was MIA?!!), a 5 gallon bucket full of crushed beer cans, and random garbage littered the entire area. The (back) door that we used to come and go and take our dog out had a broken card reader, so it was left propped open by the employees ( I know this because one prop it open) for random people (and more BUGS) to come in. The only saving of this place is the friendly staff that we dealt with. Everything else was like out of a bad movie!
Will I stay here again? Yeah, NO!!!
Will I suggest others to stay here? Yeah, NO!!
Will this be forwarded to the Better Business Bureau and the Health Department? Yeah, YES!!!

Room Tip: A room outside of this hotel is the best tip that can be offered!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We booked our trip on short notice through Priceline. There really wasn't much available unless you wanted to pay over 200.00 for a room. When we saw that a "travelodge" had a vacancy we confirmed our stay as we have this chain at home. Our travelodge at home (canada) is considered an average but nice place to stay. So here is our experience: The outside looks great but as others have stated the parking lot lights go on and off all night. Near the back entrance there is a pile of mattresses half covered in plastic that make you wonder why they are still there and for how long? Initially we thought oh the beds will or must be new but they are not. The beds squeak and the mattresses are lumpy so that you awake feeling stiff and sore. The interior is very outdated and carpets look dingy. There was mold on the shower curtain and each and every shower drenched the bathroom floor. The telephone did not work at all and the tv ended up having a black rectangle on the screen by day two. When we talked to the front desk the girl said she could change our room but could not guarantee that the phone or tv would work there either.
We went to the pool area once which was being renovated but as far as we could tell in working order. We were shocked when we saw the hot tub that appeared to be dark brown in color. The other youth in the swimming pool said someone had pooped in it and to not go in. We wondered why it was not blocked off or that a sign was not posted. Regardless by the appearance of the color we did not allow our children in the hot tub and scrubbed them down in the flooding shower after their short swim.
The entrances all seemed to be open at all hours of the day even though signs said you would need your key after 11pm. Often they were held open with a rock or brick. Our hotel door would only lock with a strong pull. The evenings were loud with stomping feet on the stairs and it often sounded like furniture was being dragged around overhead.
No blow dryer or iron or ironing board in your room as advertised. No personal coffee maker and quite often the small coffee thermos had gone empty. If you did not get to the "free" breakfast by 8 am the bread and bagels were gone. The breakfast was open from 7am to 9am. It seemed for a 62 room hotel a loaf of bread was supposed to feed everyone:p
Going back to the beds there wasnt a mattress cover and no fitted sheet. One day a man knocked on our door to see if housekeeping had even come. Our daughter one evening found a pair of socks in her sheets that were definitely not any of ours. Ewwwww
On a brighter note the staff were friendly, and the free water park passes were nice. I will post some pictures we took and can only say I am amazed that there was no concern given regarding our complaints and no concessions. Just wanted to let others know that this place is not what it appears to be from the outside or by its name.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

So we planned a stay at the dells for the first week of August. Everything was priced at about $150 per night. Well we found travelodge. A nice little gem. It has FREE WIFI FREE BREAKFAST. The staff is very friendly. Pool is is small but good for my kids. Our Room was average. The breakfast was nothing fancy but the. Again waffles cereal and coffee isn't bad either. I agree with some posts that it needs updating. But the. Again it is not $160. We only paid $69 during peak season. Plus free tickets to chula vista. Not bad. I would for sure stay here again. It is well worth the price. We loved that during our 3 night stay we pretty much had the pool to ourselves. Awesome.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Travelodge? Share your experiences!