“Good food at good prices.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mitzi's American Grill

Mitzi's American Grill
1101 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 (Formerly Mimi's American Grill)
608 254-7969
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 167 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Casual Dining for the whole family. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout. Outdoor dining, large groups welcome. Friday FISH FRY, PRIME RIB Wednesday and Saturday. Choose from our selection of sandwiches and hand-crafted burgers, our salads, pasta dishes, seafood, steaks, ribs, chicken and appetizers. Breakfast combos to love, served from 7 am to noon. Lunch Specials Monday thru Friday 11 am to 3 pm. $3.99 Kids Menu. Beer, Wine, and Mimosas. High Def TVs. We're located on Broadway, just 8 blocks east of Downtown Wisconsin Dells. Our full regular menu and group menu may be seen on our website. Open mid May through late October from 7 am. Great Food, True Hospitality!
Westland, Michigan, United States
“Good food at good prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

All the food we ate was very good. I has the nachos and my wife had the burger. The kids loved the fries and the soup. Clean. Friendly staff.

New York City, New York
“Terrible food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I should have listened to the motel staff when they said Mitzi's was ok for breakfast, but to avoid it for dinner. The food tasted as if it had been cooked elsewhere and then microwaved. The Saturday night prime rib special ain't prime or special.
The server was very nice and gave me time to look at the menu and also removed an item from my check when it was clear that I didn't enjoy the meal. She gets 4/5 stars, although Mitzi's does not.

Muscatine, Iowa
“Charges keep adding up..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Food wasnt that great, They charged full price for kids drinks which was suppose to be cheaper.. I would have gone somewhere a lot better for the price..

Outer Banks, NC
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Had the baked haddock with ritz cracker crumbs, very delicious! Tried my friend's fish fry & that was delicious. Very attentive wait staff. The mini desserts were great too.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Underwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

To be fair, my wife liked her chicken dish and both of our toddlers liked the chocolate pancakes. I ordered a brisket and what I was served was a mound of fat with the occasional shred of meat in there. I took the time to see exactly how much meat I would get and it was about a 1/3 of the pile, the rest fat. I've never had brisket this poor - the rest of the items on the plate were at best average. I brought this up to the waitress who went to the kitchen and returned back to say that they understand its fatty, but they ensured it had the measured amount of meat. Nothing else was done.

So went to pay the check and the front of the house gal asked me how it went, I explained again my unhappiness with the brisket. She mentioned it was a new item on the menu and said she would take my comments to the owner. I would have appreciated some sort of reduction on the bill and overall it just seemed like they were confused on how to deal with this. I rated this a three primarily because of my wife and two kids satisfaction - had it been just myself I'd have gone Poor on it. Given how many times we are in the Dells and how many food options exist, I don't see us visting here again.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
WisconsinTennisguy, Owner at Mitzi's American Grill, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
I'm sorry you were disappointed with your beef brisket, and that you found the rest of our food average at best. Beef brisket is the cut of meat that would be bacon if it were pork, and as such, is naturally a fatty product, just as real corned beef brisket is fatty. Although this is a new offering for us this year, it has been well received and we have gotten quite a few compliments on it. We pride ourselves on serving only top quality meals featuring US Choice aged steaks and the best quality products available for our guests.