“A log resort on the river with a bar and restaurant located away from the hustle and bustle of the Dells” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rivers Edge Resort and Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Rivers Edge Resort and Motel
30 Cty Hwy A, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #31 of 75 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

I love this place! It is not a luxury resort but to me it is exactly what we want in the Wisconsin Dells area. We hardly leave the resort. You can rent canoes,kayaks and pontoon boats or bring your own. It is a fishing resort with a bait shop and guide serve. You can go to the bar/ restaurant for good food and fun without even getting into your car. You could even cook in your room. All rooms have sufficient pots, pans and dishes. The rooms are clean and some of them have a balcony to face the river. There are 2 outdoor pools and also log houses for rent We have stayed here every September for the last 32 years. As you can see..we like it!

• Stayed September 2011

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

A group of friends and I have been dying to tube down a lazy river. After some research we landed on staying at the Rivers Edge Resort and Motel. I couldn't have been happier with our decision.

The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. everything was easy to get to and do. We had to wait a bit to get on the river due to the amount of people, but even that wasn't a big deal. The lodge is RIGHT on the river so they boat you up to a drop off point and you just float down back to the resort. It was so easy.

The cabin was also wonderful. It had a long family style counter table for everyone to gather and eat, two floors, and a jacuzzi (which unfortunately didn't warm up for us). the beds were comfortable and the place was spacious and nice. It was exactly what I had hoped for.

I definitely recommend this place for families, couples, and friends. It has a very laid back vibe and a great accommodating staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Lake in the Hills, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Accommodations
Pool side room. Main level is kitchen, bathroom and living room. Downstairs is the bedrooms. tip: summertime, don't turn the air conditioning too cool, turn the fan to ON on the thermostat to keep the cold air flowing evenly throughout. Beds comfortable. 4 queen sized beds. Since the only bathroom is upstairs - be prepared for hikes up and down about 12 stairs everytime you need to go. (this is true for the poolside rooms 20, 21,22 & 23...other cabins and rooms have different configurations. Outside we had some chairs and everyone has a weber grill. There is a full kitchen menus an oven. They are fully stocked with plates, cups, microwave, toaster, coffee maker etc. bring your own coffee and filters, paper towels and tupperware. No maid service for the cabins. If you need anything, just go to the office and they will hook you up.

Property
Busier and smaller than I expected. Looking at the map it seems like if you stayed at their additional property across the street you might have a 10 minute hike to get to the river. Untrue! Everything is within a minute or 3 walk. Lots of mature trees. The dock area has a full sandy beach and a fire pit. Nice and quiet.

Boating:
You can rent boats from the office if you don't have one of your own. The rates are very reasonable. 8-10 person pontoon was $175 for a full day. The downside is that rentals are limited to about a 3 mile section of the river...from the dam down to just past 3 island outcrops. Yu are sharing the water with many, many other boats - especially the ducks and the jet boats. The commercial jet boats are very large - holding around 40 people and fast and throw up a very large wake wherever they go. There just isn't much room to maneuver and fish or swim without being tossed around by the wake turbulence of passing speedboats and jet boats. You can beach your boat and spend some time on little isolated beaches. The river is sandy and rocky - so do yourself a favor and wear water shoes. While a nice option, we had a hard time really enjoying the boat due to the wake turbulence and the small space you are operating within. You are allowed the boat all day, but after going back and forth for about 4 hours, we had enough. Fun but not for all day. You are entitled to a free row boat or canoe if you stay a week or more. (motor extra)

Restaurant:
This is where the locals come to eat. The food is very good. Prime rib specials on Saturday and Tuesdays. Service was very good if a little slow.

Pool.:
We only checked out the one next to our cabin. We have 2 children 4 & 1. We bought  Our 4 yo a floatie and he was good. The 1 year old we had to carry around the pool since there really isn't a shallow end for the little guys. The pool is small but there aren't many people using it so it is fine. Very clean.

Bottom Line: We enjoyed our stay. We would not hesitate to stay there again, although we would not necessarily go to the area just to stay at the resort. If you are looking for a smaller property, fewer people and a great riverfront resort, this is your place.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I recently stayed at River's Edge for 2 nights. The accommodations were good, the food was great, the experiences (tubing) was wonderful, and everyone of the staff we encountered was awesome and helpful. I would recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: Much more reasonable than a stay right in the Dells….much quieter to.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
McHenry, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in cabin number 35 for 3 nights and for the price it was really nice. The resort is right on the water and has some amazing views of the river. It was $90 a night and came with a single bedroom, full kitchen and private bathroom. No walking to an outhouse! The bed was uncomfortable by the last night, but not to the point that I couldn't sleep at all. The staff was friendly and helpful at check-in. Beware that there is no maid service during the time of your stay. If you plan on staying at this resort you only get the towels they give you and the bed only gets made if you do it yourself. I would suggest bringing a couple of your own towels to make sure you have enough. Overall it was a great experience. A cozy cabin and a great trip!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I already reviewed the restaurant on site here but I just had to add this about the people that worked in the motel and boat rental area (same folks) Dealt with them on various things 3 different times and you just couldn't find more friendly human beings anywhere.Gentleman rang me up one person short on tube rental and he just said "we'll pretend you had another coupon" and he was the owner !
Just thought ya should know.

Room Tip: I might stay at this hotel next time up there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I attempted to rent two potoons from River's Edge and was turned away. I reserved the two boats a week in advance and I was not informed over the phone that I had to pay for the boats the night before. When I arrived there in the morning they had given them away and had only one boat left. I asked to rent the one boat and I was told that if I couldn't listen to the rules on the phone I couldn't listen to them on the boat and I was turned away. Unbelievable. I immediately went to Lake Delton Watersports and rented from them. They were extremely friendly and accomodating. Do not go to Rivers Edge. Rent from Lake Delton Water Sports.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Rivers Edge Resort and Motel? Share your experiences!