“best italian food ever” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 169 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are a small, family owned casual, fine dining Italian-American restaurant. Our meals are four course, which includes homemade minestrone soup, tossed salad with Italian dressing, your entree and rainbow sherbet. Please plan on a leisurely dinner, as all entrees are made to order. They may take a bit more time, but we are told that they are worth the wait!
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“best italian food ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place has really good italian food and the service is great. However, I don't come here often because the menu prices are out of my budget

Visited October 2012

Cloquet, Minnesota, United States
“Awesome - homemade Italian in the heart of the Dells!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

6 of my friends and I were on a girls weekend during the Wo Zha Wa festival in Wisconsin Dells last weekend and had one of the best Italian meals we have ever had at R Place. From the wonderful homemade minestrone soup, to the fresh, warm crusty bread to the "out of this world" dishes, to the scrumptious sherbet, the meal was perfect. My favorite was the Chicken Diavolo, which I didn't order, but my friend did and let me share. The servers and owners were so friendly. We felt like family by the time we left. I'm so glad our Dells Boat Tour attendant, Katie recommended this hidden gem to us. We will definitely be back on our next visit! Thank you!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Wow, What a Great Find in the Dells!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I saw this restaurant on our way into the Dells. It said Authentic Italian, and it was! Great food. The soup, the veal picante, the pasta, all delicious. I told them, people should be standing in line. Definitely on our list to revisit. The price was 1/2 of what other places in the Dells charge. The quality was unbelievable.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very good mom and pop cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We decided to try R place versus the big fancy Italian place across the street and were pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere was warm and cozy and family friendly. Unlimited bread soup and salad and sherbet are included with your meal. My only disappointment was the shrimp I got with my pasta - it tasted blah. My husband got the veal and kids got spaghetti and it was excellent. I would recommend this place good food for the money.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Esko, Minnesota
“Good service, but main dish poor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I enjoyed the soup and bread. It was delicous, and the server brought a small crock of extra soup to the table when she brought the two bowls. The salad was okay. Unfortunately the main meals were horrible. I had the chicken alfredo. It was watery and just bland. My husband had the shrimp alfredo and his was worse. I ate the chicken part of mine. It was better than the noodles and sauce. My husband's shrimp was awful. The ice cream was good. Disappointed that I picked this for our dinner away from the kids. I will say prices were very reasonable. If the food had been better I would have easily given it a four or even five.

• Visited July 2012