“Excellent Pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 169 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Dessert, Italian, Pizza & Pasta, Sandwiches
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Description: CHI-TOWN PIZZA is NOW OPEN! Specializing in take-out and delivery of Authentic, Homemade, Handmade, Old World Recipes... Made fresh daily... In house. Pizza, pasta, sandwiches, salads, appetizers, desserts and pizza by the slice. Ask about our daily specials and if you don't see it on the menu... Please ask. Open late night during select hours. Located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells on Broadway. Play Ms. Pac Man and other retro games while you wait for your made from scratch pizza.
Wisconsin
“Excellent Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our family was in the mood for pizza and we decided to find a place based strictly on Trip Advisor reviews. We are so glad we did - the pizza was awesome; the sauce perfect, a lot of cheese, and sausage is great (I am extremely picky when it comes to sausage, if that matters). The only thing to note is that it's more of a take-out place. We did stay and eat there as they did have two booths. It just so happened to be one of the hottest days of the year so it was quite warm inside - but nonetheless, absolutely LOVED the pizza. We also met one of the owners - nice, friendly, and very personable. I hope they're around for a long time, even if we are all Packer Fans!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“pizza is ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

My personal opinion is the pizza is just ok. Probably compared to pizza from wisconsin it is the best but I am from the Chicago area and there is no way this pizza is better then the restaurants here. Better then Lou malnatis? I don't think so. Giordano? No way. We tried both thin and stuffed. The crust on the stuffed is bland and the green peppers we got were giant uncooked chunks. For the thin crust was paper thin and burnt which is not how Chicago thin crust is. The sauce was unique but to sweet like they added sugar. Pizza sauce is supposed to be savory. The owner was super sweet and talkative and I hate saying anything bad but I will not go back. The first thing we did when we got back was go to loud.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Gotta try it if you haven't already.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Went here last night after hearing good things about it. I love pizza and am pretty critical on new pizza places. Met the owners, both very nice people for Chicago Bears fans. Jk. They stayed open a few minutes longer for us as they were closing when we walked in. Ordered a pizza. The owner told us that the sausage they use is homemade and better than most. He was right. The pizza was really very good. In my top 3 for sure. Price is good. Hope they can find a bigger place for their restaurant as there isn't much seating but it's defiantly a great pizza place.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Good Suprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Even with so many food options in the immediate area, Chi-Town is not only good pizza but probably the best food we had during our stay in the Dells!

It is worth a stop, the owner was a humble guy, and with so many tourists running around it's refreshing to see the Gentleman value his customers.

If ever in the area again we will be grabbing a pizza.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto, Canada
“Best Pizza I've Ever Had...Including from Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I were visiting Wisconsin Dells in late August, and after hearing the reviews on TA, and since we were about to walk right past it, we decided to read the menu that was posted outside the restaurant. We decided we definitely wanted to try it. Now, it was a hot day...it was sincerely hot inside the restaurant, so I would suggest that if you are going to visit in the summer when it is hot to a small pizza place where they have hot ovens making hot pizza, and you can't take a little heat, then go in the winter. The temperature of the restaurant did not effect the home style, old world taste of the food. I would have endured any weather, hot cold or otherwise to taste this food...and so should you if you love good food.

We ordered the Margherita pizza. The crust was thin and the perfect consistency, the cheese was delicious, the tomatoes were fresh, the sauce and garlic was homemade and also fresh, and the basil I could also taste seemed to have been picked just then from the garden. It was the best pizza I have ever had...and I have had pizza in Italy more than once. The quality and love these people put into their food goes unmatched anywhere I have ever been. You simply do not see this kind of care anymore anywhere.

I must directly speak to the owner's when I say thank you for your kindness, for making us Torontonians feel like we were coming over for dinner at your house, not just your restaurant. It was a beautiful experience, and a wonderful memory (one of our fondest of the whole trip), and we will remember it forever...that is, until we come back and make new ones. I truly don't know if we would have wanted to come back so badly if it weren't for you. Thank you,

Andrea and Mike