“Hell yes! Bring sweat pants! And wet naps!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: ‘Friendship’ is the Texas state motto and C.C. Alamo Smokehouse is dedicated to staying true to their exceptional service standards, food and beverage quality while treating all customers as family from beginning to end.Our menu offers as variety of smoked meats, pastas, fresh salads, mouthwatering appetizers, flavorful burgers and sandwiches, plus a great kid's meal! Join us as we bring a taste of Texas to you!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hell yes! Bring sweat pants! And wet naps!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was very hesitant to eat at the smokehouse given my sensitivity to pork. HOWEVER, best damn food ever! I have lived near the dells for almost 5 yrs and ate at just about every place they have to offer, stands and all. Alamo is by FAR the new hotspot for summer! <3 the mango bbq! I order a GTT combo and it was superb! I love the ribs, pulled pork, Mac n chz is the BEST! *must try!!!*

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Loganville, Wisconsin
“Wings and things...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently visited and enjoyed a wing appetizer with a variety of dipping sauces. I'm a fan of spicey and loved the chipolte dip, offering a nice after taste that let you know it was there.

Next I had the Alamo burger which I had asked for medium rare. YES! Perfection! Fried cheddar cheese, bacon, mushrooms, onions and alamo sause and a cooked to perfection patty.

I was fortunate to be able to try a chared tenderloin steak. Oh my, just the right amount of char with a nice seasoning and Juicy.

Next time I'll be sure to save room for bread pudding.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairview Heights, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Burnt on outside, dry and flavorless inside”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I ordered a medium steak, it was more than slightly charred on the outside, it was burned. The whole steak had a burned flavor to it. The inside was done right, but soooo dry and tough. I asked for wursteshire sauce, but this steak house was out. They use zero marinade or seasoning, absolutely no flavor. The price would have been all right, as I was on vacation, but not good for the quality. It would not be a good value for a local as a side salad and bread cost extra. I would give high marks on the service except for the fact that my dinner salad came out with my dinner, Please train you wait staff that a salad comes before the meal, since they are extra they probably don't serve many. The dells needs a Texas Roadhouse much better steak, value, and free bread and salad. Ponderosa has more flavor. I did give you an average on the food because the potato was large, hot and fresh.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
MonksBar, Public Relations Manager at Alamo Smokehouse, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback of Alamo Smokehouse. I apologize for not meeting your expectations of food quality. Thank you for letting us know of some timeliness issues your experienced as well, we will definitely go over this information with our entire staff. We would like to hear more about your experience; Alamo Smokehouse is looking for constructive and honest feedback, being a new restaurant. If you wouldn't mind sending an e-mail about your less than satisfying experience to info@dellsalamo.com, our owner would be more than happy to speak with you. Thank you, again, for your feedback on our menu and service quality. (please disregard the MonksBar display name, as all pages are monitored and managed through the same Communications Director)
Marshfield, Wisconsin
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had high hopes for coming here. For starters, I will give the place an A+ for looks...it's very nice and I loved the gun door handles. Also, the corn bread muffin that came with my meal was amazing. Those were the two best things about the place.

After we got seated and got our meals, it took forever for the waitress to get to our table. She was buzzing around other tables and then disappeared for a while (this was a common theme). She finally took our drink order and came back with my soda, but not my fiance's beer. Apparently they were out of that type of beer and instead of asking if he wanted an alternate, wandered away again. About 5 minutes later she reappeared at another table and we called her over to ask what the seasonal Leinies was...she started to wander away again and he said he would just take whatever. WE asked her if she could then take our order as we had already been there for nearly 30 minutes.
He really liked his meal (The Alamo Burger), but was hungry and crabby from waiting so he said even thought the food was good, his experience soured the taste.

My food however...I got the brisket. It was the most disgusting brisket I have ever had. It wasn't cooked long enough and was therefore very fatty. I needed a knife to cut it. The bbq sauce could have been good, but it was so cold that it made the few bites of brisket I took taste even worse. If they were going for thin and cool, then they nailed it with the sauce, but I'm thinking that was not the plan.
I also got the macaroni and cheese. Because it has been talked about in different reviews I have read online, I figured it was something to try...no. It tasted like watered down Kraft Deluxe with fancy noodles. If you're going to make "fancy" mac and cheese, skip the american cheese.

On top of the distasteful dining experience, we both got sick to our stomachs by morning.
I understand The Alamo is new and still working out kinks, but we will not be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your honest feedback of Alamo Smokehouse. Poor service and underwhelming food quality is not okay and we apologize for your less than satisfying experience with us, but we do thank you for the kind words you gave us on the atmosphere and positive remarks on our Alamo burger. We would sincerely like to hear more about your experience; Alamo Smokehouse is looking for constructive and honest feedback, being a new restaurant. If you wouldn't mind sending an e-mail about your less than satisfying experience to info@dellsalamo.com, our owner would be more than happy to speak with you. Thank you, again, for your feedback on our menu and service quality. (please disregard the MonksBar display name, as all pages are monitored and managed through the same Communications Director)
“Just -eh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Being local we waited a few months to try it out.

The slight remodeling tgey changed up since Pedro's looks real nice. Atmosphere was great, very comfortable and much more open than it had been.

Being a lover of real BBQ i was hesistant. My folks live in Texas and i travel tge south often, so i really know good Q. I asked the bartender why i couldn't smell the smoke permeating through tge place; he stated tgey come in early and do tge smoking then. That was my first cue as it takes 10-12 hours for me to smoke one at home.

I ordered the brisket and pulled pork combo. It was expensive but hoped for tge best. The portions that came were ridiculous. 18 dollars for two pieces of brisket and a small dab of pork.

Now about the food -
Brisket- dried out and tough. Was not cooked near long enough to break it down. It appears to have been sliced a while back and sat in a tray. Rather than kept wrappen in tin foil and sliced per order. I did notice a smoke ring and it did have smoke flavor. Just needed more care in cook/prep/service.

Pork- no noticable smoke flavor. Hardly any quantity to it and was gone in a few bites. Could have been made in crock pot for all i know. Juat nothing about it screamed real smoke BBQ.

Fried pickles - awesome! Large portion for an appetizer.

Wife and i walked out with a bill over 50 bucks, no drinks and she chose off lunch menu.

Most likely wont be back.

Hard to find good authentic Q up here.

• 3 of 5 stars Food