“Worth a stop” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #25 of 167 restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: Late Night
Description: ‘Friendship’ is the Texas state motto and C.C. Alamo Smokehouse is dedicated to staying true to their exceptional service standards, food and beverage quality while treating all customers as family from beginning to end.Our menu offers as variety of smoked meats, pastas, fresh salads, mouthwatering appetizers, flavorful burgers and sandwiches, plus a great kid's meal! Join us as we bring a taste of Texas to you!
Lyndon Station, Wisconsin
“Worth a stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We live in the area and decided to try something new tonight. The Alamo Smokehouse is a newly remodeled restaurant convenient to the downtown Wis. Dells area. The staff was friendly and able to answer all our questions. The Wild Pork Shanks (appetizer) rock! Between us, we had ribs & brisket. The meat was incredibly tender, the ribs were meaty, the BBQ sauce is the perfect compliment. The plain Mac & Cheese was really good too. At first glance, parking is sketchy - but there's more 'round back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

71% Recommend
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
“Local likes the new place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had the meatloaf and my wife had the catfish sandwich. Prices were average and all the food was very good. They redid the place nice and it is a big Restruant. Service was fine with no problems.
I will return to try the ribs.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great addition to the Dells”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were HUGE Pedro’s fans so we were sad to see it go, but we’ve been warming up to the Alamo and have now visited twice since their opening. On our first visit, right away we noticed the new western décor, country music, nice and shiny tables, a warm intimate feel, and other small but noticeable touches that added to the atmosphere. For my first meal here I tried the Chicken Caesar Wrap (spinach wrap) with tater tots and the chicken was perfect! It wasn’t dry or overdone, it was juicy and tasteful. My boyfriend had the Sliced Beef Brisket with spicy mac ‘n cheese. He wasn’t overly excited over both; he thought the brisket was way too fatty and the spicy mac wasn’t even spicy. However, on our second visit everything was perfect. We went on an early Friday evening and both ordered the fish fry and the fish was absolutely delicious along with the coleslaw and tartar sauce. I am not a coleslaw person, but it came with the fish and I loved the it – that says a lot. For sides I had the baked potato (which was huge and had a perfect amount of cheese, bacon, and chives), and my boyfriend decided to give the spicy mac ‘n cheese another shot and he was not disappointed. He loved it this time around and said it had the kick it was lacking on our prior visit. We were also offered bread to munch on during our second visit before our meal arrived and it had a special apple butter sauce that was unique and tasty. For both visits we had outstanding service from everyone the minute we walked in, through our meals, and on our way out – everyone had cheerful smiles on their faces. The Alamo Smokehouse offers something different to the area and is a wonderful addition. I look forward to returning!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin Dells
“not sure will go back later on”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Based on the reviews we went there over this past weekend. You could still smell the paint from the remodeling. Staff was friendly. Needs some tweaking, in my opinion. The waitress kept on coming to our table to take our order even though we were still reading the menu - actively, pointing to each others menu and talking what do you want etc. to each other. She kept on interrupting...can I take your order, can I take your order, (after the 4 time she came back it was can I take your order, now?) Ummm here's a hint if the menu is still open folks are probably still deciding, if the menu is closed on the table their minds are most likely made up. Finally just ordered a burger to get it over with. Hubby had the ribs...$$$ for just 2 small sides which were lukewarm. (the place was a bit on the cool side) no salad came with the dinner, he inquired about rolls & butter we were told we could order them for an additional 2.99!?!?!?? Appetizers 8.99 and up. Could have made a meal of that alone. Smaller portions, lower prices or offer 2 sizes of appetizers perhaps. My burger I ordered medium rare - more towards rare. Came medium. No pink what so ever. Waitstaff took hubby's plate away when he finished the ribs but also took his silverware so he could not finish eating his 2 sides. I was still eating when we were given out bill. We felt a bit rushed, could understand if the place was packed but it was not. (we went early to avoid any rush at dinner time) So a nice relaxing meal turned in to a hurry up order eat & get out feeling. Total time we were there was 45 minutes. Perhaps in another month we will try it again. Hubby did say the ribs just fell off the bone & melted in your mouth.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MonksBar, Public Relations Manager at Alamo Smokehouse, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your honest feed back of Alamo Smokehouse. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations of quality service and food. We would like to hear more about your experience; Alamo Smokehouse is always looking for constructive and honest feedback, being a new restaurant. If you wouldn't mind sending an e-mail about your less than satisfying experience to info@dellsalamo.com, our owner and management would be more than happy to speak with you. Thank you, again, for your feedback on our menu and service quality. (please disregard the MonksBar display name, as all pages are monitored and managed through the same Communications Director)
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“bob and mary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Tried it with friends from out of town. 6 people and everyone said there food was great. Friends said, "Now we have another good place to eat when we come to the Dells. We, locals, will be taking friends to the Alamo from now on.

• 5 of 5 stars Food