“EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Nebraska City, Nebraska
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Prime rib was great, walleye also very good. We had excellent service and couldn't have asked for a better selection of quality food.

Visited December 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Bday Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food was superb and we loved every bite! My Sweetie was celebrating his birthday and he was very pleased with his appetizer, entree and surprise dessert. Kudos to the Chef!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
North Liberty, Iowa, United States
“Service is nonexistent for people like me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'm an Asian american born and raised in Iowa. I lived in many places through my time in the Marine Corps and other jobs including Japan, North Carolina and Louisiana. Big Moe's was by far the worst place I've been to when we're talking about atmosphere and customer service.

We had a party of 11 consisting of my friends, siblings and our children. Immediately upon walking in, the host did not welcome us and let it be known that we were an inconvenience to put tables together, because of our large guest number (by her rolling her eyes and tone of voice.) Everyone including other customers and staff had their eyes glued to us as we were the first non Caucasians to step in the building. I supposed that could have been true, but highly unlikely with this being a restaurant at a waterpark resort. What's also weird is that FIVE of our ELEVEN in our party was Caucasian/white (whichever you prefer.)

Our waiter (not welcoming, no smiles whatsoever at any time in the span of 2 hours) showed up after 10 mins of us being seated. We ordered food for my 3 yr old and asked it to be brought out first when it was ready (it was 2 hrs past his normal dinner time.) That did not happen. I asked the waiter what the status of my son's order was and he says "you didn't tell me to bring it out first, but i'll go check." Any normal person knows not to come at a customer with that kind of attitude. Then I had to ask him to bring my wife her soda after 15 mins of ordering it.

The food was alright and would probably be more enjoyable if it wasn't cold, but it definitely looked good. The quality of food doesn't determine the waiter's tips, obviously the service is what is being judged and none of the staff that we encountered deserved a tip other than the Head Chef (i think), he came to greet us a couple times.

The last 10 mins we were there, the waiter tried to open up dialogue with us with "where are you guys from?" like he was trying to work on his tip. The hostess joined in with her fake smile and checked to see how we were doing. This all happened right after the Head Chef guy came out and probably sensed that we were not happy. You wouldn't be happy either if you kept catching the staff staring at us like we're caged animals at the zoo.

With all I've said, the atmosphere was the worse part of the experience. These people really know how to make people like me uncomfortable.

Service= 0/5

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Gilberts, IL
“OK Food for the Price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

While on a golf weekend with a couple of friends we had dinner at Big Moe's. This restaurant is in the clubhouse for the Cold Water Canyon Golf Course. It was a Friday so we decided to partake in the fish fry. Our entrees were served with a salad and other side items. The salad only had lettuce and a tomato and we had the choice of french or ranch dressing. It was o.k. but they could have added more items to the salad. It also came with cottage cheese, cole claw, some carrot sticks and pickles. Again, very basic and not much pizzaz to it.

The fish used for the fish fry was cod, which is puzzling since this is an ocean fish. Seems like it would make more sense to use a lake fish such as perch for a Wisconsin fish fry. I ordered mine with a side of garlic mashed potatoes. They came out cold and with very little garlic taste. I asked for warmer potatoes, which they did bring out, but it cooled fairly quickly. The cod was o.k. but I have had much better beer battered fish elsewhere.

All in all I was disappointed by my experience here. If you are looking for an authentic Wisconsin fish fry I am sure there are better choices in the Dells area that you can find.

Visited September 2013
Chicago
“Ok food for golfcourse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Basic clubhouse for a golfcourse. NOT fine dinning or i would not consider it a "restaurant" Food was decent. just lower your expectations when you go there. Its a clubhouse on a golf course.

Visited August 2013

Travelers who viewed Big Moe's at Cold Water Canyon Golf, at Chula Vista Resort also viewed

If you own or manage Big Moe's at Cold Water Canyon Golf, at Chula Vista Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.