“Thank goodness I got in for free!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
The Colony, Texas
36 attraction reviews
“Thank goodness I got in for free!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

For a resort of this size I thought they could have afforded to give this guy a bigger room. They basically crammed a bunch of chairs into a conference room and call it a theater. I've seen plenty of magic shows in my day and it was ok. Most of the usual corny jokes and basic magic tricks that you've seen a thousand times. You get to see the tigers for a little bit. If I would have had to pay, I would have been disappointed. If you have a coupon and nothing better to do, you might as well check it out; especially if you have younger kids with you.

Visited June 2012

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
24 attraction reviews
“Complete nonsense, only wish I could rate lower”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I went to this show last Saturday night using free tickets. Because of poor attendance, we got second row seats in this tiny, strip mall type theatre. The decorations are low cost, very cheap looking Lobby is quite small, so don't get there too early as there is no where to stand and no lobby bathroom. No tigers despite their brochure being filled with tiger pictures and a sign hanging in the lobby asking us to be quiet due to tigers practicing.

Costumes reminscent of elementary school, music tricks from 1st grade. Loud music, black wigs, cartoonish masks and and fog from dry ice do not equal a "Grand illusion". The props used for tricks look like they were made in someone's garage. Others say, relax this is not Vegas...well I have to say it is not even Dells or traveling circus quality - I've lived here most of my life and this show is an embarassment. The only postive thing is that it ended quickly, started at 8:07 PM and was done by 9PM.

I cannot stress enough to local and visiting people to not waste their time and money on this nonsense. Use your money to go to a movie, bowling or to a real show. If you insist on going, beware of boredom, attempts at humor and drama falling flat, people not clapping at tricks because...they were just absurd.

Visited December 2012
Jeremy A, General Manager at Jeremy Allen's Grand Illusions, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your current review. The entire production staff of Jeremy Allens Grand Illusions Theater are working hard to improve your suggestions. Since your review, we are now working on a new, better brochure that states "Tigers on select dates" and many more improvments. We also are adding three more illusions this summer that will make the show longer and we are working to improve our seats. We're also looking for sugestions to make our lobby more professional. Thank you; without people like you giving your input we would not have the information to improve. We appreciate your contribution.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Solid Show! Had a fun time with the kids.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I took my son and a friend to the magic show and both of them enjoyed it.. The beginning is a little scary but once Jeremy Allen appeared its fine. My son and his friend both went up on stage and were in one of the magic tricks which was pretty exciting for them both. We also got to get a picture with Jeremy Allen after the show. I definetly think it was worth the money if you like magic.

Visited December 2012
Tempe, Arizona
“Great night out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My dad, brother and I were visiting Wisconsin to ski and had a free night. We knew that the Dells had a tendency to be cheesy so we went in expecting that (to all the negative reviews out there...its not Vegas! Calm down) but we were pleasantly surprised! It was over the top and full of fun. There isn't a bad seat in the theater. My brother was selected to be in the show, along with several other people. That's what makes shows fun!

Jeremy himself is incredibly endearing. He has an awesome smile and shared many personal stories which kept us engaged. He seems like such a genuinely nice guy. It's nice to see someone young who enjoys what they're doing, not some old jaded wash up.

The magic itself was good too. There were some expected tricks, but then some that the three of us had no idea how they were done. Again, its not vegas. Bravo Jeremy!

Thanks for a great night Jeremy! These Chicago folks really enjoyed it.

Winona, Minnesota, United States
“Great.. if you are a 10 yr old”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This was buy one get one in our coupon book and I have to say thank goodness! I would never pay $30 a seat for this cheesy show filled with parlor tricks. I was really excited to see the tigers, but they were on 'vacation' and the cost of the show was the same. Jeremy Allen was gimmicky and corny with his jokes. Many of his assistants were not on the ball either and you could clearly see how the 'illusions' were done. We would not go back or bring our children.

Visited October 2012