“Terrible service. Would never stay here again!” 1 of 5 stars

Book now and save 25%
Ranked #6 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersSilver level
Madison, WI
“Terrible service. Would never stay here again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

My sister and our husbands went to the Dells for a short Getaway.

We originally asked for one suite and one regular king room. When making the reservations I stated that I wanted a suite that could have a balcony. She said they couldn't promise, but she would put that on the reservation. The staff could accomodate when we arrived. Arrival, the girl said she could get the suite with a balcony. We came back later at check in. I said to the man at the desk that I was paying for both rooms, but only wanted my room. The suite was for my sister. He checked me into the suite and gave my sister the room with a patio, not a balcony as they said they would. I went back and said that she needed a balcony. We still didn't know that our room was the suite (it isn't really a suite, just an extra area with a couch). They gave her a dumpy room with ripped furniture, stained carpet, overlooking a garbage dump. She didn't want to switch because she didn't want a first floor room (this is something I told them when I booked it. I didn't want any first floor rooms).

The pool was the size of my tub at home. They did have numerous hot tubs. It was kind of weird. It was not very inviting looking.

I would never stay at this hotel again. I definitely would not recommend it.

Stayed July 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Chicago IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stayed at this Hilton last week in July of 09. Not the best experience, here's why:
1. Upon check-in, we were greeted bu a mean front desk lady Gwen whose expression on her face indicated we were annoying her by checking in and taking her time.
2. When I booked my room, I requested a comp. upgrade since I am in HH member. I was told we'd get it based on occupancy. Upon checking in, Gwen told us with a smirk on her face that there are no upgrades for 2 queen rooms.
3. Room was very small and our view was that of the air conditioning unit. We called and Gwen told us we could not get any rooms. The hotel did not seem full, but whatever.
4. The pool floor was not cleaned for a few days. Clumps of hair on the floor were visible in the same area for days.
5. We did not get any housekeeping service on day 2. I called front desk to complain, they told us it's because we had the DO NOT DISTURB sign up. Our sign was up 10-11 am, we came back at 5 pm - there was plenty of time to come back and clean. At least they delivered clean towels.

Few good things:
1. Pool is nice and warm water, mostly empty so you can enjoy a quiet swim.
2. They have great cookies at night.
3. Hotel is clean in most areas.
4. Free wifi
5. Great central location
6. Other employees excluding Gwen were great

Overall, we're not coming back and cannot recommend this Hilton. Hope the service improves.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Troy, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

Was a nice, quiet and comfortable hotel. Nothing really fancy. Good location. Served to purpose well.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Janesville, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay in this classy motel. Very nicely decorated with a modern comfy feel. We got the hot tub suite and everything about the room was great. Comfy bed that was not too stiff nor too soft. They have a convenient bar in the lobby and the breakfast area was very nice. Motel is located in a great spot, right off the main strip but far enough away to keep you away from the noise and rat race. Would stay there again without a doubt.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
La Crosse, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and I stayed in a King whirlpool suite with fireplace and balcony. The entire hotel was very clean and the employees were courteous. The bed was extremely comfortable. My only dislike was that it appeared as though the balcony had NEVER been swept or cleaned. The floor was dirty and had pine tree droppings all over. I'd recommend shoes if using the balcony. Everything else was great-including breakfast! A little pricey, but worth the money.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
arlington heights, illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 1 night this past weekend. It was actually our 3rd stay there in the past 6 months. This hotel is immaculate! Complete with coffeemaker, fridge, and microwave. It was very quiet and had one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. The staff, as always, was very friendly. The breakfast area next to the lobby was very nice, clean, and the food was excellent. This is the ONLY place we will ever stay while in the Dells area. If you have kids and are looking for a hotel with a huge waterpark, this wouldn't be a good choice, but for adults it is wonderful!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ST. PAUL MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

Front desk was very rude when we walked in. I paid as much as everyone else to stay there. i felt that because I was not an older business person that I was wasting there time. Breakfast was ok but did not get what i ordered. Paid to get passes to a really crappy water park through the Hilton package. The walls were paper thin and could here what the neighbors were watching at all times. My boyfriend use to be chef for the Hilton and we have been to a lot and this was by far the worst I have ever stayed at. Next time I go to the dells I will be going camping or staying a motel where I know I am getting what I am paying for!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple