“BEST” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Mundelein, United States
“BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this location for the first time during our road trip. It has been a long while since we last visited the Dells area. The check in was quick and easy , the staff has been very helpful pointing out places to eat around the area. I requested for a balcony when I book my reservations online and upon check in we were upgraded at no extra charge. When we entered our room I notice that the latch for the screen door is not catching although the glass sliding door behind it has a build in security feature that will not allow the door to slide open. A technician was shortly dispatched and was able to fix the issue. We feel even safer now that the latch was replaced. We dip into the pool and had a good time relaxing with drinks. the property is in great shape. The lobby was inviting and there was a sense of flow as you enter the property. I highly recommend this location for excellent customer care and the overall cleanliness that will make you feel so much at home.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Leah H, Front Desk at Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We were thrilled to read your great trip you had in the Wisconsin Dells. We’re glad you enjoyed your room with a balcony and the hotel’s amenities. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Let me start off by saying that the customer service rep Frank who had checked me in to my room this Sunday, 6/9, was wonderful. On the other hand as for the rest of the staff members i came in contact with were not what i expected. I checked in late around 11pm on sunday, when i walked in Frank greeted me with a smile and a very friendly hello and also helped with dinner locations. later that night after returning from dinner i walked in to see a new front desk agent who said not a word to me let alone looked up from whatever she was doing. The next morning while waiting at the elevator along with other guest, there was a house man standing there with a cart of laundry. Now instead of letting the guest go in the elevator first and then him waiting for the next one, he went in and made us wait for the next one to come. I found that to be very rude. Needless to say i took the stairs. When i reached the lobby i found out breakfast was over and things were still out but had a attendent starting to clean up a little. the attendent turns to me and says sorry breakfast is over. All i wanted was something to drink that was all. I know to someone this may not seem like a huge deal but i myself work in the hotel business only i work for Marriott and have for the last 6 years and as a previous manager i was disappointed to see this. Even if breakfast was closed and you are just cleaning up all your cold items, a guest who is a little late should still be able to grab something on the go including juice! I simply expected alot more out of the staff seeing that you are a Hilton property. I know all hotels strive everyday on customer service and to make the guest experience memorable but im 100% sure its not supposed to be this as my memory of your hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. We do apologize about the poor customer service you received while staying here. Your right we do have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and we do try to live by that motto here and we’re sorry we fell short on that during your stay. We appreciate your feedback and definitely see this as a time to work and improve our current operation. Thank you
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Having gold status with Hilton, I stay in lots of their properties, and this one was unusually nice. The lobby and rooms were updated, the staff helpful and competent, and the breakfast very good. Without asking, I was upgraded to a larger room with whirlpool tub, fireplace, and small balcony, a nice plus. The hotel location was convenient and there were lots of restaurants nearby. I come to the Dells area fairly often on business and plan on staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hillsborough & Villas NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Hotel is in an excellent location and convenient to all attractions. The rooms are maintained in great condition. They feature large Flat Screen Televisions, King Size Beds and nice decor. The property is meticulously maintained, well lighted and comfortable. There is an indoor pool right off of the lobby. The staff is helpful, friendly and courteous. The hotel is rated three stars which is an accurate rating.
There is no restaurant on the premises but they do offer a freshly cooked hot breakfast each morning for $9.95 per person. Not an inexpensive hotel but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are away from the lobby bar area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We were thrilled to read you had a great stay with us and you enjoyed all the amenities that our hotel has to offer. We take a great deal of pride in maintaining our beautiful property. We do hope you’ll consider staying with us again when you come back to Wisconsin Dells.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was skeptical about staying here because of all the reviews being good and bad. I believe it was due to the condition of the hotel and now it's much better. They just finished remodeling again just very recently i was told. I was treated very well. The lady that works there, Amanda, was great to my wife and I. She was helpful and prompt. The hotel was clean and the location is great. I, however, did not pay for the hotel due to the fact that i was there with a time share. So it's unfair for me to speak of the value. I had one concern, my bed, on one side, had a huge indentation from something. It was very strange. AND!, the hotel has a 25% off coupon for a lot of the Dell's activities. All in all, enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We do appreciate your feedback from your stay. We do read our reviews to see what we can improve on and we thank you for yours. We hope that when you’re in the Dells again you will come and stay with us again.
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a great place to stay if in the Wisconsin Dells area. Great rooms, pool is on the small size, nice outdoor patio and very friendly staff. They have packages with dinner at the Del Bar right next door.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leah H, Front Desk at Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to read you had a great experience with us. We love working with the Del-Bar next door and happy hear you took advantage of that. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

I advise you not to stay her if you are seeking at minimal deceit hospitality for the price you pay. You are better off staying at the surrounding motels! Trust me. Rude and helpless front desk and staff. There is a bar right next (like five feet) from the front desk
which was not welcoming at all! Also, you have to walk in that direction, pass the bar to go on the elevator. To top it off, the
Bar area looks right into the pool area, so creepy drunks can stalk you while you try to "relax"

• Stayed June 2013
I do apologize if you received poor customer service from our front desk staff while you were here. We do train to have an excellent staff on hand and one that loves helping out the customers. I also apologize for the layout of the hotel, with our foundation it’s the best area for the bar so people in and out of the pool can order drinks. If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to contact me at the hotel directly. Thank you

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells? Share your experiences!