Both my family and I have stayed at this holel on numerous occassions. I often book with HH points, but did not for my recent stay. Though I haven't written a review previously, I felt compelled to do so this time. I was staying in the Dells for a spa visit in mid-December. I decided to arrive a night early given the pending blizzard conditions and booked at the HGI. The front desk staff accommodated my many requests - my friend was not able to join me due to the weather, so the staff moved me from a double-bed room, which I had originally requested, to a king whirlpool room. They tried to accommodate my request for a fireplace room (which are awesome), but none were available on this stay. I wasn't sure how the staffing would be for breakfast given the blizzard, but the cook made it in and in a genuninely pleasant mood even though his drive to work was terrible. Another staff member had to be towed from the ditch for her morning shift due to the terrible road conditions, yet she still provided service with a smile. They hotel had many cancellations and re-books due to the weather and the staff seemed to handle all with a pleasant demeanor. Congratulations to the HGI for their excellent front desk hiring decisions.
For your information, the hotel has an indoor pool, which is heated (at a nice temp). It has two indoor whirlpools and two outdoor whirlpools. The bar is small, but nice (though the wine selection is not great for what you pay for a glass). The hotel is across the street from Sprecher's, which has decent brewed beer and a solid menu. It's also within walking distance (very close) to the Del Bar, which has excellent wine selection (and I think HGI guests may get a 10% discount there). The hotel provides coffee, tea, flavored water, and cookies at various times throughout the day in the lobby. The breakfast buffet (made-to-order) is always good.
The rooms are a bit dated, but clean. Again, if you can get one with a fireplace in the winter, it's a bonus. I would say the most significant negative of this hotel is that the mattresses really should be upgraded. They were not and have not been comfortable during any of my many stays. The service does make up for this, in part at least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells hotel is adjacent to the world-famous Del-Bar Restaurant on Wisconsin Dells Parkway, Lake Delton, shopping, entertainment and other Wisconsin attractions nearby. The Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells hotel has deluxe accommodations, friendly service, and a relaxed atmosphere that awaits our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Hilton Wisconsin Dells
- Wisconsin Dells Hilton Garden Inn