“Great first time experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stand Rock Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wisconsin Dells
Stand Rock Campground
You added Stand Rock Campground to your Saves list
N570 Hwy N, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Lebanon, Illinois, United States
“Great first time experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

My wife and i booked a spot at stand rock for a week towards the end of June. This was the first camping experience for us and we were a little apprehensive as to what to expect for our girls, ages 3 & 5. Because of the time of year we pretty much got the last spot available with sewer, electric and water. When we arrived there were a ton of spots available because of the cancellations due to excessive rain.
We had never been to The Dells before so our game plan was to check other camp grounds during our weeks stay at stand rock. We ended up looking at 8 different camp grounds. Needless to say we booked a second week at stand rock and stayed all the way through the 4th of July weekend.
The sites at stand rock have lots of room which in turn led to quiet evenings, the pool is amazing, the showers are simply the best in The Dells, pricing was good as you stay 6 days and get the 7th free, location to everything we wanted to do in The Dells WAS PERFECT & if all that wasn't enough the owner (Gary I think) was outrageously kind to my little girls. I would return again just because of the way my family was treated. The staff was very helpful with some issues I had with my camper as well. They allowed me to borrow some tools so I didn't have to buy them.
We had a blast on our 14 day vacation to Wisconsin and we plan on making this an annual trip. It's comforting to know we found the right camp ground on our very first trip.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This campground was in the middle of nowhere! A few days after we arrived we were supposed to be upgraded to a spot with a deck. We went to look at the "deck spot", which ended up to be a few slabs of wood on the ground. This was kind of disappointing. We ended up staying in the first spot. The bath house was nice and very clean! Another perk was the movie rentals. The 14 yr old girls who were with us loved it! There was a great variety. Also the put-put course was okay and provided entertainment to the 9 yr old boys. Overall, it was clean and had nice service.

florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

The campground honors military discount but weren't very pleased when we showed them our ID. It rained a solid day which we were fine with but when we asked to move our fire ring to make dinner and roast marshmallows for our two daughters the owner told us that his campground has been around for 30 years and he isn't making apologies. He then asked if we were ok moving it onto some rocks after he berated us for a good five minutes and when I was silent he confronted me and said "I guess it's not ok with her" I have never had someone treat my family this way over a simple request.
I will take the noise of Sherwood over this rude treatment any day!

• Stayed June 2013
Baraboo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It doesn't get any better than Standrock Campground. Huge well-groomed sites, fabulous bar and restaurant...great food, extremely clean restrooms and showers, a pool to die for and great owners!!!! This is why we are repeat visitors throughout the summer. Give them a try...you'll be glad you did!

Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here over Memorial Day weekend. I called to make a reservation about 3 weeks prior and at first didn't find the man who answered the phone to be very helpful. As I explained that I wanted to reserve a spot for a camper, he cut me off and said they didn't have any spots left - when I pressed a little further, he clarified and said they didn't have any with full services. I asked if he had water/electric sites and a dump station and he said "yeah", to which I answered - "that's fine". He didn't offer - I had to ask. So I was a little worried given this conversation and other reviews. BUT...

When we got there we were greeted in a very friendly manner by a young woman who got us quickly taken care of. We set up in a quiet, wide spot and enjoyed a wonderful weekend of peace and quiet and friendly neighbors. Some reviewers have mentioned road noise but there are some spots that are adjacent to the road. Where we were was more than quiet enough. The bathrooms were sparkling clean, the campsites were neat and tidy and the trip in to town is a quick 3 mile jaunt (which is great considering we had to hit a Walgreen's at 4 a.m.)

We really enjoyed this campground and will definitely return.

Room Tip: if you want quiet - ask to be behind the pool and not adjacent to the mini-golf/road.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cary, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stand Rock is a family owned campground that is very well maintained, has nice amenities, is secure and quiet, and has a nice clean pool and beautiful walking trails. There are many seasonal sites here on the two ponds, and people are generally very friendly.

I admit that on a very rare occasion, the owners can be a little abrupt, but that's only when they are extremely busy. They are not rude people and are generally very kind and helpful. Don't let a couple of bad reviews steer you the wrong way. They care about their campground and keep everything up very nicely. We have stayed at other campgrounds that are run down, have gravel roads, rowdy campers and nasty bathrooms. Stand Rock has none of that.

The roads are paved, he bathrooms are modern and clean, they don't tolerate speeding on the roads or rowdy people who ignore the quiet hours. There is a guard on weekend evenings to make sure no one is breaking any rules and to help the people that check in late after the office has closed.

Most of the camp sites are large, which is not the case at some other campgrounds in the area. Sherwood Forest's sites are very close together and feel very claustrophobic to me. I've never felt that way at Stand Rock.

There is a mini golf course (nothing fancy but fun for little kids), a nice pool with sun deck and gazebo, free wi-fi, a nice bar and grill, and their are some games and a pool table in the building. The camp store has the usual basics and you an also get soft serve ice cream and sundaes there.

The owners do other things like free buffet during Badger's games, Taco Thursdays, and other events during the year.

Room Tip: The wilderness tent sites are actually on a 'mesa' with only 3 sites per section. Water/elec...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Baraboo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just back from another wonderful 4 day long weekend at Standrock Campground. Weather, of course, was phenomenal. The campground was in pristine condition, as always, friendly staff there to assist with just about anything. We have a favorite site now and found it clean, freshly mowed and absolutely up to par. The campground was just about full due to Wo Zha Wa weekend in the Dells, but you'd never have known it. The noise level was way below what you would have thought for a fully packed campground. Restaurant/Bar wonderful!!!!! Great food, internet service (yeah!) Big screen TV to watch the Badger game on. It just doesn't get any better than Standrock Campground. Kudos to the Krahn family to making every trip a memorable one!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Stand Rock Campground? Share your experiences!