“Prices right!” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   727 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #35 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Prices right!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Great location we were able to walk to town every night. Clean room just older and friendly service. The linens were worn but you get what you pay for. Great place for the price. Across the street from the park, gas station, pharmacy and liquor store.

Stayed July 2014
visit_starlite, Manager at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, March 6, 2015
Dear Misty,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our motel with feedback from your recent visit. We are thrilled that you had a good stay with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. We pride ourselves and work very hard on the cleanliness of our rooms and our entire property. We think our great location is one of our best features and I’m glad you agree. It is nice being on the strip within walking distance to the shops and restaurants. The Mobil gas station located kiddie corner from the motel is very convenient for snacks and to put gas in your vehicle. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wausau, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My family attended this hotel for our one night stay. In that night we had no saop or shampoo lots of hair in the beds and a dirty carpet. The doors were supposed to self lock and the did'nt. I would not stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
visit_starlite, Owner at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear B M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Adviser. However, we believe you have submitted a review against the Starlite Motel in error. Several factors lead us to believe this is the case. First, we do not have any rooms that are self-locking. Second, we did a search of our guest database for the month of July by city and did not find anyone from Steven's Point.

We are sorry you had a bad experience where you stayed. We do recommend that in the future, if you have any issues at any hotel, please voice your concerns to the front desk attendant. He/She can easily remedy things like the need for extra soap, different linens, etc.

Michigan City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Don't have much vacation time at work so all we could do was a weekend get away. I found the Starlite on the internet and it was just what we needed. We had a room with one king bed--it was spacious (probably could fit another king bed in there) and super clean. We got two free tickets to the waterpark which we enjoyed--especially liked the lazy river. We walked to everything downtown and were able to pick up some snacks and a loaf of bread at the convenience store across the street at the gas station. The front desk clerk was helpful and even gave us some coupons to use for different attractions. There was a pool on site--we ran out of time to use it. But I did feel the water and it felt very warm. We'd stay here again and will tell friends and family who want to go the Dells.

Room Tip: If it is just the two of you, ask for a room with one king bed on the second floor over looking the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

family owned...very clean
reasonable rates
walking distance to restaurants and to main shopping area
laundry, gas, park, and liquor store across the street
5min from trappers turn golf course and 10min from wild rock golf course...both excellent and quite a challenge
would be happy to stay there again
not the Hilton but well worth it

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Greenlightning ,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our motel with feedback from your recent visit. We are thrilled that you had a good stay with us and that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. We pride ourselves and work very hard on the cleanliness of our rooms and our entire property. We think our great location is one of our best features and I’m glad you agree. It is nice being on the strip within walking distance to the shops and restaurants. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Trappers Turn and Wild Rock Golf Courses. The Mobil gas station located kiddie corner from the motel is very convenient for snacks and to put gas in your vehicle. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Mundelein, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

If I could, I'd give this place more than 5 stars. Yes, it was clean. Yes, it was conveniently located. Yes, the price was right. But these are all things I expect when I travel. Here is what I did not expect: When I was checking in, the kind older lady behind the counter saw my two boys and she offered than each a "Cars" themed pencil. I thought this was cute because we were there during the auto show weekend and my boys absolutely love the Cars movie. The boys each got a pencil. Just the other day, my younger one asked me where his "special" cars pencil was. That reminded me to write this review. Those silly pencils made my boys so happy and of course if the kids are happy, then I'm happy too. We also took advantage of the free waterpark tickets. They boys had a blast. Great stay, great price, great service. Check it out!

Room Tip: We stayed in room one. It was a large corner room near the office.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We were looking for a basic, clean place to stay in the Dells while attending a seminar. This place fit the bill. Definitely clean and definitely basic with a good firm bed. The place is a dated, but that was not unexpected. It took me back to my childhood--and I'm in my 50s.

At first, I was concerned that it would be noisy because the walls were thin, but everything quieted right down each night at 10:00. The room is a bit dark but I loved the night light in the bathroom.

One suggestion--a hook on the back of the bathroom door would be inexpensive and make showering much easier. I do not like putting my clothes on the floor but there was no other option.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mundelein, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I convinced my wife to pack up our two boys and go to the Dells for Automotion weekend. Basically, it is a car show with lots of vehicles, several hundred for sure. We had a great weekend. Stayed at the Starlite. It is a nice place, smaller motel with a pool (although the pool opens on Memorial Day weekend so we were a week early to enjoy it). But no problem because we got 4 tickets to Chula Vista Waterpark included in the cost of the room. Our boys loved it. The price of the hotel room was super reasonable considering the waterpark tickets. We were also able to walk to downtown because it was only a few blocks. The place was all around clean and comfortable. Would stay here again next time. Will recommend to family and friends

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Starlite Motel? Share your experiences!