“Great escape” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Berlin, Wisconsin, United States
“Great escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed with 3 girls, the family running the hotel was VERY nice and helpful!!! We went to chula vista during the days and ate out along the strip in the evenings.....CANNOT BEAT THE LOCATION!! Would I go back?, ABSOLUTELY!!! Great vacation and AFFORDABLE!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
visit_starlite, Owner at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Hi Jennifer,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and Chula Vista Waterparks! Glad to hear that you and your girls walked the strip and enjoyed downtown Dells in the evening. We look forward to your return visit with us in the near future!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Clean is the word. The room was spotless, cleaner than any other place I'd stayed at (even some of the bigger chains). The lady at the reception office was very helpful. She gave us lots of coupons and good advice, like leave the car here and walk a few blocks to get downtown. This way we avoided having to hunt for quarters to put in the meters. She also recommended a nice breakfast place that was just next door. The pool was nice, we swam in the evenings after running around all day with our two boys. We went to Chula Vista Waterpark because the room came with free tickets there. We had an overall great time in the Dells. We plan on coming back to this motel next year.

visit_starlite, Owner at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Hunter,

Thank you for your comments about your stay at the Starlite Motel. It was a pleasure to have you and your family staying with us. I am happy to hear that we provided great service and had all the right amenities to accommodate your needs. We take pride in having a well kept and clean facility. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed Chula Vista Waterparks. We look very forward to seeing you and your family next year!

Surrey, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

First, I must say that I read the reviews before coming to the Starlite Motel. Second, I have to say that I can’t see where any of the negative reviews came from. I had a very good impression about this place as soon as I arrived. The customer service was great, very friendly staff. When I got to my room it did NOT smell bad. The room was nice and clean and I felt like I was at home. Beds were very comfortable. We had the air-conditioner running in the room and it was nice and cool. We also received free Chula Vista Waterpark passes, which we used for three days. Our kids had a wonderful time!

The outdoor pool was very nice and clean. The location was ideal because the motel is located right on the strip in close proximity to downtown stores and restaurants. There is no need to pay for street parking. We will definitely stay here again when we visit the Wisconsin Dells area! The price for the room with waterpark passes was very reasonable compared to the big resorts.

visit_starlite, Owner at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Joanne,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and Chula Vista Waterparks! We put a lot of time and effort into keeping our rooms clean. We have very high expectations and believe our guests deserve the best! We strive to keep our rooms and our property in the best possible shape we can. We are also very happy to hear that you felt welcomed during your stay. We are always here to help in any way we can so you can enjoy your stay. We definitely look forward to seeing you and your family in the future! Best regards to you and your family!

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

not so kind staff,,, watch your every move feel more like boot camp because you being watch all the time,, pool can be cleaner, bed cover was nasty with long blond hair in it,,,,not a good place if you thave kids with you or ppls who want to hve fun,,, best for older ppls who only want to sleep or rest and be close to downtown dells, but there all so other motels close by, so do your home work first,,,,,,,,, dnt think i will be going back tho, cant take the watching my every move im on vactions to enjoy my self....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
visit_starlite, Owner at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Swanice,

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at the Starlite Motel.

As I recall, you had your windows and doors open while running the air conditioner. We politely asked you to abide by our policy, which is to close your windows and doors while using the air conditioner. When exposed to hot and humid air, the air conditioner freezes up and stops working.

If there was an issue with a bedspread, you should have brought it to our attention. We do not replace bedspreads after each customer. Our swimming pool is cleaned daily but it is outdoors. If the weather is windy, debris from trees may fall inside the pool. We do our best to keep it clean. In fact, we receive many compliments from satisfied guests on how meticulously clean our rooms and facilities are.

We have many satisfied customers with families who really appreciate the FREE Chula Vista Waterpark passes and Discount Book that they receive with their stay. We cater to families with children on a tight budget. Our customers love the savings they get by staying with us.

You did not mention that we gave you an early check-in and three FREE Discount Books for your family. Only two Discount Books were included with the room and I did not charge you the $20 for the extra coupon book.

Although we can’t please everyone, we certainly try our best. We have been family owned and operated since 1991 and pride ourselves in taking care of our guests and providing satisfaction and service with a smile.

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were traveling on a tight budget and could not believe the deal we got here. It was just my wife and me. We stayed in a standard room with one queen bed on a Wednesday night and paid $48.00. We got 2 tickets to the waterpark which were good Wednesday and Thursday. Also took advantage of lots of coupons in the office. The room itself was spic-and-span clean. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and took the time to give us a map of the Dells. She pointed out where we were and explained how to get to different places we were interested in visiting. If you don't have a lot of money to spend, I would really recommend you check out this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Antioch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and I think I got the best sleep ever. I asked at the front desk about the beds and they told me that they had just replaced all the beds in the building we stayed at in May. The room was very clean and so was the pool area. We came on the weekend and they were having a special promotion where we got Mt. Olympus tickets for free. Also, got Chula Vista passes, but I think those are a regular thing. All things considered, we got a super deal because we used Mt. Olympus for free one day and Chula Vista the second day. Kids had a nice time.

Rosemont, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family visited the Dells recently and we stayed at the Starlite Motel. We enjoyed a clean room and the nice pool that was on property. We were able to walk downtown and not worry about parking. When we checked in, we also got wristbands which were good at the Chula Vista waterpark. Overall, we had a great stay and plan on coming back next year. Prices are very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Starlite Motel? Share your experiences!