“Genuine Hospitality, Very Clean & Convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Starlite Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   727 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Surrey, Canada
“Genuine Hospitality, Very Clean & Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

First, I must say that I read the reviews before coming to the Starlite Motel. Second, I have to say that I can’t see where any of the negative reviews came from. I had a very good impression about this place as soon as I arrived. The customer service was great, very friendly staff. When I got to my room it did NOT smell bad. The room was nice and clean and I felt like I was at home. Beds were very comfortable. We had the air-conditioner running in the room and it was nice and cool. We also received free Chula Vista Waterpark passes, which we used for three days. Our kids had a wonderful time!

The outdoor pool was very nice and clean. The location was ideal because the motel is located right on the strip in close proximity to downtown stores and restaurants. There is no need to pay for street parking. We will definitely stay here again when we visit the Wisconsin Dells area! The price for the room with waterpark passes was very reasonable compared to the big resorts.

visit_starlite, Owner at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Joanne,

Thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and Chula Vista Waterparks! We put a lot of time and effort into keeping our rooms clean. We have very high expectations and believe our guests deserve the best! We strive to keep our rooms and our property in the best possible shape we can. We are also very happy to hear that you felt welcomed during your stay. We are always here to help in any way we can so you can enjoy your stay. We definitely look forward to seeing you and your family in the future! Best regards to you and your family!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

not so kind staff,,, watch your every move feel more like boot camp because you being watch all the time,, pool can be cleaner, bed cover was nasty with long blond hair in it,,,,not a good place if you thave kids with you or ppls who want to hve fun,,, best for older ppls who only want to sleep or rest and be close to downtown dells, but there all so other motels close by, so do your home work first,,,,,,,,, dnt think i will be going back tho, cant take the watching my every move im on vactions to enjoy my self....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
visit_starlite, Owner at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Swanice,

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at the Starlite Motel.

As I recall, you had your windows and doors open while running the air conditioner. We politely asked you to abide by our policy, which is to close your windows and doors while using the air conditioner. When exposed to hot and humid air, the air conditioner freezes up and stops working.

If there was an issue with a bedspread, you should have brought it to our attention. We do not replace bedspreads after each customer. Our swimming pool is cleaned daily but it is outdoors. If the weather is windy, debris from trees may fall inside the pool. We do our best to keep it clean. In fact, we receive many compliments from satisfied guests on how meticulously clean our rooms and facilities are.

We have many satisfied customers with families who really appreciate the FREE Chula Vista Waterpark passes and Discount Book that they receive with their stay. We cater to families with children on a tight budget. Our customers love the savings they get by staying with us.

You did not mention that we gave you an early check-in and three FREE Discount Books for your family. Only two Discount Books were included with the room and I did not charge you the $20 for the extra coupon book.

Although we can’t please everyone, we certainly try our best. We have been family owned and operated since 1991 and pride ourselves in taking care of our guests and providing satisfaction and service with a smile.

Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We were traveling on a tight budget and could not believe the deal we got here. It was just my wife and me. We stayed in a standard room with one queen bed on a Wednesday night and paid $48.00. We got 2 tickets to the waterpark which were good Wednesday and Thursday. Also took advantage of lots of coupons in the office. The room itself was spic-and-span clean. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and took the time to give us a map of the Dells. She pointed out where we were and explained how to get to different places we were interested in visiting. If you don't have a lot of money to spend, I would really recommend you check out this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Antioch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and I think I got the best sleep ever. I asked at the front desk about the beds and they told me that they had just replaced all the beds in the building we stayed at in May. The room was very clean and so was the pool area. We came on the weekend and they were having a special promotion where we got Mt. Olympus tickets for free. Also, got Chula Vista passes, but I think those are a regular thing. All things considered, we got a super deal because we used Mt. Olympus for free one day and Chula Vista the second day. Kids had a nice time.

Rosemont, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My family visited the Dells recently and we stayed at the Starlite Motel. We enjoyed a clean room and the nice pool that was on property. We were able to walk downtown and not worry about parking. When we checked in, we also got wristbands which were good at the Chula Vista waterpark. Overall, we had a great stay and plan on coming back next year. Prices are very reasonable.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Ok, it was me and there others staying for two nights, sat, and Sunday. We were drinking a little on Saturday night. It's the Dells who doesn't? We woke up to the staff screaming at us saying we were crazy and that we would be watched by them. first off we were not wasted and being stupid like a 16 year old. We are in our 30s. The next night I went to open the door and windows, it was cool outside. The lady came running up saying TURN OFF THE AIR! Screaming at me. I said politely, I'm doing it right now. And she still kept going on! so rude! Never in my life will I go there again! I would advise no one to go! Unless you need a babysitter who's watching your every move!

• Stayed July 2012
visit_starlite, Manager at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Kira0355,

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at the Starlite Motel. The guests staying in the adjacent room were very upset and demanded a full refund Sunday morning. They were unable to get any sleep because you and your friends were partying all night with approximately 15 other people. These guests woke up several times and asked you to be quiet and take the party inside. However, there was no cooperation from you. We, as the management, were upset because you were disturbing other guests who paid the same rate to sleep at our motel.

You also had your windows and doors open while running the air conditioner. We asked you to abide by our policy, which is to close your windows and doors while running the air conditioner. When exposed to hot and humid air, the air conditioner freezes up and stops working.

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

this hotel was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in blinds were taped in 4 places blind broke again and i was forced to pay 20 dollars to replace it when i checked out and was leaving the room they came in with tape to thats right tape it once again!!! no microwave refridgerator broke.dont waste your money.very very rude staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Jodi,

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at the Starlite Motel. You had three adults and three children staying in a room with two queen size beds. You registered four guests at check-in. We did not charge you for the extra guests in your room.

The rooms have been updated and look just like the picture on the website. The walls were painted in May 2012 and we just put brand new Symbol mattresses and box springs in the rooms. We replaced the blankets and bedspreads three years ago. The carpet and chairs were steam cleaned in June 2012.

One of the children broke the window blinds in the room. The blinds could not be repaired and needed to be replaced. Guests are liable for any damage caused to the room. The cost to replace the window blinds is $20.00. We do not tape broken blinds. I’m sorry that you feel that the staff at the Starlite Motel was rude because we made you pay for the damaged blinds.

It is a violation of Wisconsin State Statute 101.123 to smoke in lodging facilities. It was explained to you at check-in that all rooms are non-smoking. We also have signs posted inside the room. Your family smoked in the room and we did not report this to the police. If the police were called you would have been issued a citation costing you $100 for smoking inside the motel room. We did not charge you a cleaning fee to remove the smoke from the room.

The Management

Been to Starlite Motel? Share your experiences!