“updated rooms from 1982” 1 of 5 stars

Starlite Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   727 Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #29 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
illinois
“updated rooms from 1982”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

First of all the rooms have notbeen updated. When we asked about the updated rooms the lady told us they look just like the pictures on the website. Yes they do with 25 years of use and dirt. We did not walk on the carpets without our shoes because it was so dirty.T he walls were filthy and the blankets we at least 15 years old. I would not stay here again for free! look elsewhere there are so many more options, actually checked in next door even
though we already paid because i could not stay here another night!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
visit_starlite, General Manager at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
Dear Vegasbaby88,

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at the Starlite Motel. First of all, the building that you stayed in was built in 1990. You incorrectly state that the rooms were updated in 1982. The rooms have been updated and look just like the picture on the website. The walls were painted in May 2011 and the blankets and bedspreads were replaced two years ago. The carpet and chairs were steam cleaned in June 2011. During the Labor Day weekend, we normally require a 2 night minimum stay. However, we were able to accommodate you for a one-night stay. You also received 4 Free Chula Vista Waterpark passes for your family, which were good for 2 days. Although we can’t please everyone, we certainly try our best. We have been family owned and operated since 1991 and pride ourselves in taking care of our guests and providing satisfaction and service with a smile.

The Management

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Lake Bluff, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed here last weekend and had a nice time. The room was large and had a good size bathroom too. The beds were comfortable and the place was super clean. When we checked-in, we got wristbands that allowed us to use Chula Vista indoor and outdoor water at no cost. We really enjoyed the waterpark! We would recommend this place to our friends.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Marengo, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Very good motel included waterpark passes to Chula Vista! Very good bang for your buck!Even had chairs on our patio! :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Antigo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Starlite Motel on August 26th and 27th. I was very impresses with this motel. I did not expect the room to be as nice and clean as it was for the price I paid. I have paid much more for rooms at large chain hotels, that are dirty and dingy and have stained carpet. There was nothing dirty about this place. The parking lot was spotless, and the outdoor pool was very clean. (Indoor pools are never as clean as this one was.) Friends of ours decided to stay the night in the Dells on Saturday and were unable to get a room at Starlite due to them being full, but they did refer them to another motel that was just as clean and at a good price. We will be back again! Thank you Starlite for the great service!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I have stayed here in the past(5 yrs in a roll) and there was not issues with having my family come over and hang out. But this year that lady was acting crazy. I felt like I should collect my family and leave! NEVER COMING BACK!

Room Tip: Ask about the policies before you decide to stay anywhere!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
visit_starlite, Owner at Starlite Motel, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear Christina,

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your stay at the Starlite Motel. This year, you only booked one room for your immediate family at our motel. The rest of your extended family stayed at other motels in Wisconsin Dells. Your extended family came over to use our swimming pool. We informed you that only registered guests may utilize our facilities. In the event of an accident, our insurance company would only pay for a registered guest who was injured. I’m sorry that you don’t agree with this policy but it is the same policy that has always been in place.

The Management
Milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Me and 2 other guys stayed at the Starlite on Thursday 07-21. Found it to be one of the best values near downtown.

Got 3 waterpark passes to Chula included and it was close to downtown bars which was important to us.

Did not spend too much time in the room. They are very outdated ammenties wise but the family that owns the motel seems to be very invloved.

If you are trying to impress a date try somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011 via mobile

I have been going to the dells every year since I was a kid. This year my son and I wanted to go up for a week. We normally stay at Polynesian resort. This year he wanted to stay on the strip. I figured this would be a dump since it's a motel and not a resort and because it's also on the strip but I was so wrong! The owners are extremely nice and make you feel like family and also go out of their way to accommodate you in any way they can! The rooms are comfy and clean and are cleaned and restocked everyday. The pool is clean and very relaxing. The location is great also. There is a park and a gas station across the street and restaurants, stores and bars within walking distance. It is also very quite at night. You also get free waterpark passes for chula Vista waterpark which is a lot of fun also. I actually enjoyed staying here better than the resorts. You still have access to waterparks but also access to a lot more and much much better service. My son and I could not have asked for a better experience! We will definitely be back. Excellent service, excellent people and an excellent vacation! Thank you!!!

• Stayed July 2011
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Starlite Motel? Share your experiences!