“Great vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites
Ranked #8 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Morton Grove, Illinois
“Great vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Shamrock. The room was very quiet, even though there were many people staying at the motel. It was great that passes to the Chula Vista water park were included with our room. The children liked it that they could swim in the motel pool in the morning, go to the water park for the afternoon, then return to the motel pool in the early evening. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. I lost my room key and was charged $10. They told me that if I found it, and sent it to them, they would refund my $10. A few days later, I received $10 in the mail with a note that they had found the key on the floor in my room. That was very considerate and very honest.

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom (3 double beds)/two bath suite that was very adequate for two adults and three...

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for Labor Day weekend, I picked this place from the reviews I have read on this site. and i was glad i did.
we never spent much time there but we weren't there to spend time in the room.
you are directly across from Noah's Ark. a 5 minute walk to the rear gate.
The room was clean and a fairly good size we had a double queen and it was large enough for my son to set up his cot,
with still room to spare. we never used the indoor pool or hot tub but it looked fairly good. the beds were comfortable and clean, the bath room has beed remodeled with new tub/shower. the room also had a dorm size refrigerator and a microwave as well.
the front desk staff was really nice and helpful as well we checked in at 3am and all we had to do was give them a call upon arrival and they checked us in.
if and when i return i would defiantly consider staying here again.
but do remember this is a older MOTEL with outside entry's to every room. so don't stay here if you aren't comfortable with this type of place.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hugo, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My family and I have stayed at the shamrock motel for the last 4 years.The staff are friendly and very helpful.The upgrades are nice.Rooms are always clean.They have water park discounts that are very helpful and most attractions and shops are within walking distance. I have and will continue to recomend this to everyone.The rates seem to be very reasonable. Having the indoor pool open til at least midnight would be a bonus for the adults and a good selling point.I don't have anything bad to say about the shamrock and look forward to booking my vacation with them again.

Room Tip: Double bedrooms with double bath is good for families.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our family of 5 was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and spacious (2 queen with sofa sleeper) and we couldn't hear our neighbors even though the motel was full. We walked to Noah's Ark (which saved the parking fee) and was within walking distance to an assortment of restaurants. We also purchased Noah's Ark passes at a discount. The additional Dells savings passes that we received helped save our family big money. Each time I asked the office staff a question during our stay, they went out of their way to help answer my question and get me the best value for my money (by giving me different coupons or figuring out which "Ducks" rides would cost less based on all of the coupons available). Excellent value for the money. OUTSTANDING STAFF!!

Room Tip: No elevators available but second floor was very quiet.
Hanover Park, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

The package was awesome..for our family..We wanted to visit Noah's Ark, including the tickets in our stay and Shamrock Motel did that! The staff was SO NICE AND HELPFUL! The outdoor pool and play area was nice to come back to when we wanted to relax and the kids were still going. However, the motel has NOT BEEN REMODELED! It has been portrayed on this website and a couple others that it has been remodeled...It hasn't! The bathrooms ( I think have) which were decent. But the rest of the room...was pretty gross. The carpet, I don't think has EVER been replaced. It was coming up in some places...had stains and burns in it (from smoking back in the day I assume) and S.M.E.L.L.E.D!!!! In addition, the chairs had stains on them at the table, the comforters were as old as the carpet, and our sheets/blankets were made up nicely, but not changed. I UNDERSTAND being green..saving water..etc...but there wasn't a card or anything to request the same sheets for the night...and my son spilled ketchup all over our blanket and they remade the bed with the same blanket :c( In addition, we all brought socks just in case..Thank GOD because after my son(2) and daughter (11) walked around the room once or twice..the bottom of their socks were B.L.A.C.K from dirt......I REALLY was looking forward to this trip with the deal we got, but honestly, we want to relax coming home from a long day at the water park, and we couldn't do that at the Shamrock Motel. Next year we'll spend more money and stay in a nicer hotel. AGAIN...THE STAFF WAS FANTASTIC.....the deal was DECENT...it was the cleanliness that ruined our trip :c/

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and save the extra $100-$200 to stay at a nicer hotel. I researched for HOURS to...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DellsShamrockMotel, Manager at Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Hello Teresa and Family,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property and your experience.

I'm sorry to read that we fell short of your expectations. I assure you that our rooms were remodeled, we would not state that had they not been. I must say that I am surprised to read your review, as you did not mention any of your concerns during your stay. I would have gladly addressed your concerns to assure your stay to be pleasant and what you had expected.

I do hope that you stay with us again, no matter what you decide, I wish you safe and happy travels!

Thank you!
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

After reading all the reviews we decided to try the Shamrock Motel for the first time and we loved it. Upon our EARLY arrival we immediately got our 3 queen, 2 room suit as well as all of the great discount coupons and free wrist bands to visit Chula Vista (Chula Vista was okay but not great, it was very busy and the staff was not friendly). The room was VERY clean and larger than most hotel rooms. There was a lot of pink, which I referred to as "retro", but I will take a pink clean, comfortable room over a modern crumby room any day. Each day while we were out the room was made up and plenty of new towels were placed in the room. The only thing the room lacked was extra pillows which I always like but not a big deal. My 11 year old loved the pools and slides both inside and out which were also well kept and clean. My 2 year old loved the small playground with swings and merry-go-round. Although though we did not use the picnic area there were several grills and picnic tables available which were used every night by other guests and every morning we would see staff cleaning the area and the grills (another example of the cleanliness of the place). During our stay the Shamrock offered discounted tickets to Noah's Ark which we took advantage of. Noah's Ark was great and we were able to easily walk the short distance to the entrance. I NEVER stay in Motels and I NEVER give 5 stars because I believe there is always room for improvement but I will stay here again and this place deserves 5 stars. We were all very pleased with the service, the room, the location, the cleanliness, and the grounds.

Hello!

We take great care and pride in our property and love to read our guests' experiences while staying with us! We like to call the pink... classic ;) We are continuously making improvements to our property, one phase at a time.

We pride ourselves on keeping our property clean and our housekeeping staff do the same. It's wonderful to read your review about how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!

We are very honored to receive high praise and ratings from you and your family, it meas a lot to us! Thank you!

See you next year!!! :)
Duluth, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Shamrock Motel. I picked this motel based on other reviews and they weren't wrong. This was a perfect location since we wanted to go to Noah's Ark. The room was good and we received some good deals, 40% off tickets to Noah's Ark, free Chula Vista passes, and a splash pass. The pool and hot tub were relaxing after the busy day of water slides. This motel is in a great location to walk to many different attractions. I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property and your stay with us! We appreciate it very much!

As you mentioned we have a great location, right across from Noah's Ark, go-karts, the Big Foot Ziplines, Wild Thing Jet Boats, and Army Ducks. Additionally we are just down the street from the Rick Wilcox Magic Show and about .5 miles from the Tommy Bartlett Thrill Show! There are several restaurants within walking distance and we have Hot Dog Avenue on property.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Wisconsin Dells!

Thank you!

Been to Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!