“Good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites
Save Saved
You added Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites to your Saves list
1321 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #8 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Nice rooms, clean pools (indoor outdoor and hottub) and friendly staff. Right across the street from Noahs ark. Newly remodeled and consistent fair prices

• Stayed July 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bismarck, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We checked into the hotel for the first time and as soon as we turned on the light there were a bunch of ants crawling on the floor by the bathroom. We called the front desk and they sent their maintanence down to spray for them. We returned to the motel about an hour later and found a whole bunch of ants crawling all over the carpet and they started crawling on us. We called the front desk and asked if they had a different room. They told us they were full and everyone was checked in. The lady at the front desk came to our room to look at the ants. She told us that she could vacuum them up and spray more for ants. We told her we were leaving and wanted a refund. Due to moving and all the riff raff, it caused us to lose our whole Thursday of our vacation. We will also have to search for a third place to stay for Saturday night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Our family purchased the internet package from the Shamrock that included two free tickets to the Rick Wilcox magic show along with Noah's Ark admission tickets.The location of the Shamrock is excellent - it's within walking distance to both Noah's Ark and the Wilcox show.The show was great, Noah's Ark lots of fun but the motel room was mediocre at best. The room we stayed in had a strong musty odor which I discovered later permeated our belongings. Everything had to be washed after our visit including spraying our luggage a few times with "febreze" to get rid of the smell. Their internet package was a great deal but if the Shamrock doesn't offer it in the future, there's plenty of other motels in the area that would be a better choice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Albert Lea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

Well the family came back to stay at the Shamrock motel again this year. It's located right in the middle of about everything one would like to see and do. We arrived on a Thursday morning and our rooms were already available. So we all settled in for our stay. Again we had no complains at all....Bernette was there to greet us as we checked in and answered a few questions on some wineries in the area. We used both pools indoors & outdoors pool. My granddaughter love both of them and even liked the hottub too. We had side by side rooms so was easy to visit and get going during our stay So if your looking for a great place to stay and not pay out an arm and leg check out the Shamrock. Its across the street from one of the famous waterparks and a few blocks from the one we went to this year which has the Rome theme.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Excelsior, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I took my family for the first time to Wisconsin dells from July 18-22. I was told by my neighbors that we should not stay in one of the “MOTELS” along the strip but we took a chance. I took a chance one because of the price and two because I wanted joining rooms. All the other hotels could guarantee joining rooms or even rooms on the same floor, even the big waterparks. I couldn’t have two 10 year olds running around unsupervised. This motel had a big suite, allowing us to have our bedroom with a door and the 10 year olds to have their room, some privacy.
When we arrived early I figured we would not be able to get in to our rooms but thought I would check anyway, and we were able to get in early. That was a plus after 5 hours of driving. The staff was super friendly and helpful. When we got to the room, I was very impressed with how clean and cool it was inside. The room has a new air conditioner, very quiet. Kids can be messy especially boys and toilets so I packed Clorox wipes to clean the floor with incase we had problems. Later in the day we did so I cleaned up after him and proceeded to wipe the rest of the floor, not an ounce of dirt on the wipe that I used on the rest of the floor. That impressed me the most. There was no Mold or Mildew in the shower. The sheets on the bed smelled so fresh and clean without the chemical smell you get so often in hotels. The windows opened up in the rooms and they were all clear and clean you could see out them without any moisture between the panels or dirt. The carpeting was clean and not dirty feeling. I have been in my share of rooms where the floor even though it has been vacuumed still feels dirty or slimy, not here.
They have an outdoor pool, indoor pool and hot tub. The pools were absolutely crystal clear morning and night without a heavy Clorox or bromine smell. We used the pools a ton and every time there was nice music playing, chairs, tables, with umbrellas to make you feel comfortable. They have a nice grass area so you could bring lawn games with and play as well as little ones swings. The have grills there, with covers and they too were very clean.
The motel has a 50’s style charm with its wrap around balcony and metal light shades outside each room, with an incredible staff that went way out of their way to make our stay the best. I would recommend this Motel it was well worth every penny we spent, which was much less then large waterparks with hotels attached. Check into this one, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Des Plaines, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I chose this motel without hesitation only because I stayed there on my first trip to Wisconsin Dells back in the '80s, so I wanted my children to have the same experience on their first trip to The Dells.

I got exactly what I expected out of this motel. It's not the Ritz Carlton or Kalahari Resort. It's a MOTEL, not a HOTEL. Basic standard rooms that are dated a couple decades with pink bathrooms, fat-back televisions and bad wallpaper. Those that expect more should stay elsewhere.

Overall the room and facilities were clean. My wife complained a bit, but maybe she expected more of the place we were going to stay. The staff that I encountered was very friendly from when I initially reserved my room over the phone to when we left. When I said that I did not want maid service, I didn't get maid service. Whan I asked for new towels and more pillows, I received mew towels and pillows just minutes later.

The pools were both nice and the overall facilities were clean.

We did hear a little bit of noise at night from other guests, but I had no reason to complain. After all, everyone there was on vacation and staying up a bit later than usual at the pool.

Great location and what I thoght was a reasonable price to be right across the street from Noah's Ark and near many other attractions and restaurants.

I would recommend if you're not the nit-picky complainer type.

And the free wireless internet signal was great in the room and indoor pool area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fort Dodge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

Before I booked a two night stay at this hotel I read all the reviews and decided to try it out for myself since there was a mixture of positive and negative reviews. What captured my interest the most was the fact the Shamrock offered two free tickets to the Rick and Suzan Wilcox magic show along with a discount on the Noah's Ark admission tickets. Between the three other friends I went with and myself, we saved over a hundred dollars on tickets. I found the room to be clean and was pleased to have a fridge to put our excess items in from our coolers. We were able to use one of the Motel's charcoal grills out in the picnic area to grill our supper. I enjoyed sitting out in the picnic area after dark and looking at the way the Shamrock lit up at night and the way the motel guests could sit out in front of their room in lawn chairs to enjoy the view. I appreciated the fact that we were able to park right in front of our motel room, which was on the first level. I also liked the fact that we were within walking distance of both Noah's Ark and the Wilcox show; therefore we didn't have to fight traffic to drive there. I did notice that the past reviews were right about how hard the beds are and the fact that you can really hear the people walking around on the second level of the motel. Considering the long days of adventuring around in the Dells these two things didn't hinder me from getting a good nights rest. Due to the reviews I had read I also checked my towels for hair but didn't find any. I think overall this motel is a good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Shamrock Motel Resort & Suites? Share your experiences!