“Perfect Quiet Spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of All Star Value Inn

Save Saved
You added All Star Value Inn to your Saves list
All Star Value Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1311 East Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965 (Formerly International Motel)   |
Special Offer
FREE DUAL WATER PARKS!
Ranked #2 of 78 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Anoka, Minnesota
“Perfect Quiet Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Let's start with the obvious. If you're looking for a trendy, chic, luxury hotel in the middle of all the action this is not it.

If, like us, you are looking for an extremely affordable, but also extremely comfortable, place to stay away from all the hustle and bustle of down town, look no further! My husband and I stayed here for two nights (July 20 and 21, 2014). Mark (the owner and manager) was very welcoming and personable. He was also knowledgeable about the area and was able to provide us with a couple of personal dinner recommendations.

The general decor in the room (#3, queen bed) might be considered a bit outdated by some standards, but it was well-kept, clean, quiet, and comfortable. There was also a table and two chairs outside our room (and a sliding glass door next to the main door). There are grills for guest use, a pool, and an arcade room. We didn't use any of those facilities, but I liked knowing they were available.

We thought the promise of two waterpark passes (Noah's Ark and Chula Vista) each day, for each person, was too good to be true, but it was true! We only used one day worth of the Noah's Ark passes, but considering our room only cost around $80/night, that was fine by us.

I would definitely recommend the All Star Value Inn to any couples or families looking to stay in the Dells, especially those concerned about finances. It's a very nice place with fantastic management, customer service, and other amenities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark S, Manager at All Star Value Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
We're very happy that these guests were comfortable during their stay at the All Star Value Inn. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the quality of our guests' experience and we appreciate all the helpful suggestions we receive. Thanks to this guest for recommending us to their friends!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel purely off its reviews, and it didn't disappoint. We had a great 2 night stay. The beds are comfy, the rooms are very clean. I saw someone say it was noisy, but I couldn't hear anything in room 33. Mark, and his staff were very friendly and helpful. The grounds are set up for a great family experience. Grills, swings, sand volleyball, basketball, and the pool was great. I would like to see blow dryers in the rooms, and I guess I could do without the phones being in the rooms. An ironing board and iron would be nice too. I do know you can get an iron from the front desk though. The dual wristbands were nice, but we were very disappointed with Chula Vista. When we come back for a summer trip we will stay here again.
Again.... Kudos to Mark and all the staff at the All Star Value Inn.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Mark S, Manager at All Star Value Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
So glad that these guests enjoyed their stay at our All Star Value Inn! We strive to maintain clean, comfortable rooms for all our guests and we hope to host these guests again in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I just checked out yesterday! We stayed 2 days in a upper 2 queen bed room. I must say that over all I was very satisfied. Typically I prefer the bigger pricier resorts and have only stayed in a small hotel in which you can park right at your door. That one time was awful, the place was cheap, it stunk and I think they're were drug deals going on outside. But The All Star in was the exception! It was SUPER clean and extremely well kept. I was amazed that their were people cleaning the pool and grounds every morning. I had a pet room, because I took my small dog and the room didn't smell at all. My little one had to sleep on the floor so I was glad that they had a "cushier" floor that was clean. I'm not sure about the second floor, but the carpet pad on the second was much like home. All of the employees were super nice, very accommodating and helpful. They have tables outside of each room up and down for you to relax in. Each room has a sliding glass door if you want to open it and also the bathrooms have a window that opens, microwave, small frige, coffee pot, flat screen in the corner. We didn't have a phone in our room, but we had no need for one. They also had free wifi. The area across the parking lot had a small game room, pool with separate toddler area and was heated. They also had some kids play equipment, picnic tables, grills, cornhole and a sand volley ball net. The hotel is right down the street from the main drag, so it was really easy to go back and forth. All in All I really enjoyed the hotel and would definitely stay there again!

Mark S, Manager at All Star Value Inn, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
We're pleased that these guests took a chance on a "smaller motel" and tried us out! Our staff are as conscientious about our grounds as they are about our rooms. We appreciate their hard work and are glad that this guest does as well. Looking forward to serving these guests again in the future!
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

If you are planning to sleep at night this hotel is not for you. The building is facing the pool and pool is open 24 hr. During our one night stay teens were playing and screaming till 1 am.
Everything else in this hotel was good.

Mark S, Manager at All Star Value Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
We are so sorry that these guests had a less-than-satisfactory stay at our property. The pool does close at 11:00pm (same time as the office), at which time we walk around the property and let everyone know that quiet hours are enforced. Some parties have climbed into the pool after hours in the past, which is certainly NOT condoned by the management and we have been swift to attend to the matter when alerted. We apologize again for the restless night that these guests experienced while at the All Star Value Inn and we wish them well.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Booked this motel at the last minute, and couldn't have been more happier. My family and I had a great time. The rooms were spacious and clean, and the pool and grounds were well maintained. Lots of things to do on-site for the kids. Game room was especially cool for older kids (adults). It had all the games I used to play. Our youngest really enjoyed the scavenger hunt to find the little star. Mark, the manager, was very courteous and helpful. He went out of his way to find us another motel when we decided to stay another night, and he had no vacancies. If we ever get back to the Dells, we are staying here!!!

Mark S, Manager at All Star Value Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
We're pleased that these guests were comfortable during their stay at All Star Value Inn. We strive to maintain clean rooms and grounds for all our guests of every age. We hope to serve these guests again on future stays to Wisconsin Dells!
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We reserved a large block of rooms in advance. Our group consisted of both boys and girls basketball players, friends, and family. The managers and staff were very friendly and helpful.
The grounds are very well kept by what appeared to be local students, who were also very friendly but professional in their behavior.
The Dells strip; shops, restaurants, and even mini golf are in walking distance.
The pool was very warm as promised and got a lot of use.
I would highly recommend this hotel.

Mark S, Manager at All Star Value Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
We are quite proud of our staff, made up of some local students and some foreign students. This summer we have workers from Ukraine, Russia, Moldova, and Jamaica! They do an excellent job keeping our place clean and comfortable for our guests, and we're glad these guests thought so, too.
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I decided on the All Star Value Inn because of all the great reviews people have left and I can say that it did not dissapoint. We have stayed at plenty of places in the Dells and this was by far one of the best we have stayed at. It is nothing fancy but the rooms are spacious, clean and have all the necessities (microwave, mini fridge, ac,tv). The two pools were clean and had warm water, my kids loved going out there after a long day. They have a nice set up outside with a little playground, sand volleyball, basketball hoop, and picnic tables. The wifi was spotty but really I do not think I have ever been anywhere in the Dells where wifi or data work very well.
I noticed some people have complained about noise but we did not experience much of that while we were there and it was pretty much full. I would say the amount of people you encounter at the All Star is nothing compared to other places we have stayed at and that for me that was the best part. It is out of the way of all the hustle and bustle of the Dells yet still within reasonable distance of everything, you could even walk to the downtown area if you felt like it. All the staff was very nice and it just had a very homey feel to it. The passes for both Noahs and Chula Vista were a big plus! We will definitely be staying there again next summer.

Mark S, Manager at All Star Value Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
So glad that these guests were able to take advantage of our many outdoor amenities! The heated pool with diving board is our #1 Guest Favorite amenity here at the All Star Value Inn, with the basketball hoop taking a close 2nd. We do try to keep the noise down for our guests after hours and we're very glad that these guests were not disturbed.

Been to All Star Value Inn? Share your experiences!