“Reminded me of Bates Motel (psycho)” 2 of 5 stars
Review of International Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
International Motel
1311 E. Broadway, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #47 of 75 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Reminded me of Bates Motel (psycho)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Last minute in need of a place to stay...as most of the places were booked solid with no vacancy. Stated free wifi...(nope) the wifi all depended on the room given. If you were further down , no wifi available. Our tub was broken, the owner had to come fix it for us. Go to take a relaxing bath....look up and there was soak scum left from previous renters of the room. The office smelled strongly of mildew and the rooms have a faint mildew scent to them. The pool was enjoyable. Was not told of any half off prices to waterparks. Also our beds were very old and moved everytime someone moved on the bed. We were in the room about 12 hours total....sleep and some swimming. The rest we spent at the Wilderness waterparks and sight seeing. I wouldnt come back here again. It was alright for the last minute...but next time id plan better in advance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Me and my son stayed at this motel and enjoyed it. It was affordable. The rooms are a little outdated but clean.The cable had disney, nick, and cartoon network for the kids. The arcade is a joke, 3 old games, pool and air hockey. The pool was clean and relaxing.They also had half price tickets to Noah.s Ark, helped out alot. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Great deals online.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We haved stayed at this motel for over 15 years. We stay for a week in July, August and September. We always have found it very clean and comfortable. The owners George and Sonia are the best. They are always concerned with your needs and treat you like family.

The pool is immaculate and the grounds are well kept and have a country feel. We enjoy sitting out after an evening out and it is always wonderful to smell the pine fresh air.

We are going back next week and really looking forward to it. The time spent there is always the highlight of our Summer

The rates are more than reasonable and I think anyone who stays there will have a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Green Bay, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I WILL NEVER GO BACK THERE, AS, I DO NOT WISH TO DO BUSINESS WITH A MAN THAT HAS NO HONOR!
A week before our vacation I called the International motel and reserved two adjoining rooms. I take my adult children and 3 grandchildren and we leave the adjoining doors open so everyone is together, joking, and teasing each other. I called in advance and gave them my credit card number to hold the rooms. As I was driving to the hotel to begin our vacation I received a cal from the owner. He was very sneaky when he phrased the question to me. He said, "Would you mind taking rooms on the first level instead of the second level? I'll give you an extra refrigerator." I replied, "we've always had the rooms upstairs but I guess we could take rooms on the first floor." However, after I hung up the phone I got to thinking and I called him right back. I said, " I just wanted to make sure that the rooms were adjoining." The sneaky owner admitted that they were NOT adjoining rooms and he had already gven our RESERVED rooms away BEFORE he had called me. He then told me that the upstairs rooms were the only adjoining rooms in the building. My adult children were angry and upset and my grandchildren were in tears. We were then stuck looking for another hotel at the last minute.

Room Tip: It does not matter if you reserve a room if someone else wants your room you are out of luck!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We had a family get together here for a weekend and it was a nice time. Close to the Dells but not in town. Feels like your in the country. Large clean pool with a diving board. You don't see that at hotels anymore these days. The kids had a blast. The owner pretty much let everyone do what they wanted. Grill out and set up tables and tents on the large yard. Pool stayed open til 11pm. Close to dells attractions. Stay here and save money to do the attractions.

• Stayed July 2012
Black River Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

we stayed there for 4 days(3 nights) and found management to be very helpfull and friendly - nice location, and room was clean and roomy for the 4 of us! the pool was clean and kept up and the recreation building was a nice place to keep cool in the heat and still get out of the room in the evenings.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

The previous poster nailed it ... customer service is ZERO here. The management seems to not give a rip about anything. In order to get a few extra towels you need to bring in your dirty ones, even if you have 6 people in the room, they allow 4 towels. I asked for more pillows, no dice either! The one pillow I had was so thin, it was useless, woke up with a crink in my neck since they wouldn't give me extras. The shower water pressure is another bad joke here ... took about 8 minutes just to wash my hair, no exaggeration .... I've seen mists that provide more pressure. NO PHONES IN ROOM ... they advertise WiFi, but only if you get a room on top the main office, otherwise you have to sit at the office or on top the office to get connected. What A JOKE! At $130 a night, it was a total rip off, our stay was not last minute either, if you have time, shop around, there are much better places!!!

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to International Motel? Share your experiences!