“Birthday Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Lodge & Settlement

We can't find prices for this hotel
Cedar Lodge & Settlement
Ranked #3 of 78 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago
“Birthday Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was my first trip to the infamous Wisconsin Dells, and I can say that I think this will be a yearly trip I take for my bday. Me and 6 guest stayed in the one bedroom cabin which was a home away from home. We loved the ambience of the cabin. The management on the resort was very kind and helpful. We were able to purchase our tickets to go to Christmas Mountain for snow tubing from the office. We were able to access the main roads easily. Our one bedroom cabin had a jacuzzi tub and a fire place and a full kitchen. The rooms are spacious and clean. The resort has beautiful views. I found the pricing adequate for the stay. We just really had a good time, it was sad to leave, but we will be back next year, or possibly sooner!!!

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel was amazing! We stayed during December for a wedding that we were attending in the Dells. The room was spacious, clean, and the view was awesome! This is a perfect mix of a rustic wood feel while still being close to the popular attractions in the Dells. Also, the perks and coupons that we received from the the hotel staff were great! We were very impressed and will most likely be staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: The room which we had was #16. It had two beds and a large TV. It was one of the smaller rooms but i...
Green Features: I was not aware of the environmentally-friendly practices but I am glad that they have this!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were coming to the Dells in September with 3 other couples for a car event hosted by one of the large hotels with a water park. As none of us were traveling with children and weren't interested in the water park, we looked for other options. The Cedar Lodge was an outstanding choice! Rooms are spacious and clean and most have refrigerators, coffee makers, and ample lighting. We enjoyed the fire pit one night as well as watching occasional boats on the river. Rooms were rustic without feeling like we sacrificed any amenities of a chain hotel or resort. We look forward to returning to the Cedar Lodge and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My family of 4 stayed at Cedar Lodge for 3 nights over MLK weekend. It was our first time and Cedar Lodge did not disappoint. I had booked based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor, and because in the past we have only stayed at the large waterparks but the cost of the rooms (especially on holiday weekends when kids are out of school) is prohibitive.

It was a great stay - first, the staff upon check in was great. Super friendly and accommodating. Also, the room (#19 - king bed + a queen size bunk bed for my 2 little ones) was spotless - very clean. The room had a bit of a musty smell, but after airing it out for a few mins by opening the patio door it was better. I have a very strong sense of smell (the other 3 in my party thought that I was nuts).

The room was very open and roomy, it was perfect for the 4 of us. Very quiet - there were others staying but we didn't hear anyone. The beds were very comfortable. Great view. A little dim for me, I read every evening. Once the sun went down it was really hard to read on my kindle while on the king bed with the bedside light on, I'm just used to more light for sure (I'm under 40 years old in case you are interested). I also wished there had been a box of kleenex somewhere in the unit. The plates, utensils, toaster & mircowave were great and we had a few breakfasts in the room as well as snacks.

The passes to Chula Vista were great - we had previouly really liked staying at the Wilderness and liked their waterparks. CV was different, much smaller, but lots of big wateslides - ones with rafts, mats & even body slides. My kids really enjoyed them. The only thing I did not like was that the locker rooms did not have changing rooms so you ended up having to change in a bathroom stall (unless you chose to change out in front of everyone else, which my 4 year old would not do) - it would have been impossible for me to get myself changed in the small stalls (not even a toliet seat to sit down on, you had to stand the whole time) - we both ended up with wet pants and wet socks each time. I suppose if you were staying there you could walk to your room & change there, but we had to drive back so that was not an option. Speaking of driving, it was maybe 6 miles from Cedar Lodge, and not an easy drive (plus it was snowing each time we went) and both my husband and I like to have some beers while at the waterpark, so we really would have preferred being onsite where you did not have to worry about driving. A idea for Cedar Lodge might be to have a shuttle with maybe 6-8 trips there/back each day. I'd pay more for that ammenity for sure.

Cedar Lodge also offered us free passes to Christmas Mountain (less than 10 mins away) and we went there and spend 3 hours tubing (you could also use them for free life tickets but we don't ski) and it was a riot. We all loved it. That would have been $30 a person, so that was a $120 bonus, which we appreciated. Fun for the whole family!

I wished that we had known there was a DVD in the room, the amenities did not list that so I didn't bring any movies for the kids. Since we had one, we rented a couple from the office ($2.50 each with free microwave popcorn) so that was fine.

I would love to come back in the summer, I think the kids would really enjoy that. Great place!

Thanks Cedar Lodge - hoping to stop back in the summer!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
West Allis, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The people at Cedar Lodge know how we feel about this place because I tell them every time we are there! I believe this was our fifth stay and as usual everything was perfect. Even though we upped our stay to 3 nights it was still very hard to leave. This place even makes snowy cold weather inviting. The staff is great the rooms are beautiful and the view is wonderful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Crown Point, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Nice clean room. The rooms have log walls, which you'd expect to make the room dark, but the lighting was good. Bathrooms clean. Staff very friendly. The beds sag, but the linens were nice and crisp and the quilts were clean.

Room Tip: Get a room with a kitchenette!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

we have stayed here many times, I lost count. we are frequent guests. we love it here so cozy in the winter, we love to grill out and eat here. we just love the people that work there so friendly I feel like they are Family.we have stayed in several different rooms and they are nicely decorated, if the river has open water you can watch ducks and oh my gosh the Eagles are fun to watch. They even have wine available if you run out and all you have to do is walk to the office. The only small problem is this time they didn't have wine glasses in the room, or Kleenex in the bathroom, small problem though.we stayed in #4 this time and eventually the wall paper that is peeling will need replacing and a new mattress on the bed. This resort is always so very clean you will never find a hair in the whirlpool/tub. its our home away from home and will be back many times.

Room Tip: ask the front desk what your needs are and they will help you, all rooms are nice some just need a l...
Green Features: They recycle, and believe in keeping the are clean especially the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Cedar Lodge & Settlement? Share your experiences!