“Very nice hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Very nice hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel was amazing! We stayed during December for a wedding that we were attending in the Dells. The room was spacious, clean, and the view was awesome! This is a perfect mix of a rustic wood feel while still being close to the popular attractions in the Dells. Also, the perks and coupons that we received from the the hotel staff were great! We were very impressed and will most likely be staying at this hotel again!

Room Tip: The room which we had was #16. It had two beds and a large TV. It was one of the smaller rooms but i...
Green Features: I was not aware of the environmentally-friendly practices but I am glad that they have this!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were coming to the Dells in September with 3 other couples for a car event hosted by one of the large hotels with a water park. As none of us were traveling with children and weren't interested in the water park, we looked for other options. The Cedar Lodge was an outstanding choice! Rooms are spacious and clean and most have refrigerators, coffee makers, and ample lighting. We enjoyed the fire pit one night as well as watching occasional boats on the river. Rooms were rustic without feeling like we sacrificed any amenities of a chain hotel or resort. We look forward to returning to the Cedar Lodge and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

My family of 4 stayed at Cedar Lodge for 3 nights over MLK weekend. It was our first time and Cedar Lodge did not disappoint. I had booked based on the reviews here on Tripadvisor, and because in the past we have only stayed at the large waterparks but the cost of the rooms (especially on holiday weekends when kids are out of school) is prohibitive.

It was a great stay - first, the staff upon check in was great. Super friendly and accommodating. Also, the room (#19 - king bed + a queen size bunk bed for my 2 little ones) was spotless - very clean. The room had a bit of a musty smell, but after airing it out for a few mins by opening the patio door it was better. I have a very strong sense of smell (the other 3 in my party thought that I was nuts).

The room was very open and roomy, it was perfect for the 4 of us. Very quiet - there were others staying but we didn't hear anyone. The beds were very comfortable. Great view. A little dim for me, I read every evening. Once the sun went down it was really hard to read on my kindle while on the king bed with the bedside light on, I'm just used to more light for sure (I'm under 40 years old in case you are interested). I also wished there had been a box of kleenex somewhere in the unit. The plates, utensils, toaster & mircowave were great and we had a few breakfasts in the room as well as snacks.

The passes to Chula Vista were great - we had previouly really liked staying at the Wilderness and liked their waterparks. CV was different, much smaller, but lots of big wateslides - ones with rafts, mats & even body slides. My kids really enjoyed them. The only thing I did not like was that the locker rooms did not have changing rooms so you ended up having to change in a bathroom stall (unless you chose to change out in front of everyone else, which my 4 year old would not do) - it would have been impossible for me to get myself changed in the small stalls (not even a toliet seat to sit down on, you had to stand the whole time) - we both ended up with wet pants and wet socks each time. I suppose if you were staying there you could walk to your room & change there, but we had to drive back so that was not an option. Speaking of driving, it was maybe 6 miles from Cedar Lodge, and not an easy drive (plus it was snowing each time we went) and both my husband and I like to have some beers while at the waterpark, so we really would have preferred being onsite where you did not have to worry about driving. A idea for Cedar Lodge might be to have a shuttle with maybe 6-8 trips there/back each day. I'd pay more for that ammenity for sure.

Cedar Lodge also offered us free passes to Christmas Mountain (less than 10 mins away) and we went there and spend 3 hours tubing (you could also use them for free life tickets but we don't ski) and it was a riot. We all loved it. That would have been $30 a person, so that was a $120 bonus, which we appreciated. Fun for the whole family!

I wished that we had known there was a DVD in the room, the amenities did not list that so I didn't bring any movies for the kids. Since we had one, we rented a couple from the office ($2.50 each with free microwave popcorn) so that was fine.

I would love to come back in the summer, I think the kids would really enjoy that. Great place!

Thanks Cedar Lodge - hoping to stop back in the summer!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
West Allis, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The people at Cedar Lodge know how we feel about this place because I tell them every time we are there! I believe this was our fifth stay and as usual everything was perfect. Even though we upped our stay to 3 nights it was still very hard to leave. This place even makes snowy cold weather inviting. The staff is great the rooms are beautiful and the view is wonderful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Crown Point, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Nice clean room. The rooms have log walls, which you'd expect to make the room dark, but the lighting was good. Bathrooms clean. Staff very friendly. The beds sag, but the linens were nice and crisp and the quilts were clean.

Room Tip: Get a room with a kitchenette!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

we have stayed here many times, I lost count. we are frequent guests. we love it here so cozy in the winter, we love to grill out and eat here. we just love the people that work there so friendly I feel like they are Family.we have stayed in several different rooms and they are nicely decorated, if the river has open water you can watch ducks and oh my gosh the Eagles are fun to watch. They even have wine available if you run out and all you have to do is walk to the office. The only small problem is this time they didn't have wine glasses in the room, or Kleenex in the bathroom, small problem though.we stayed in #4 this time and eventually the wall paper that is peeling will need replacing and a new mattress on the bed. This resort is always so very clean you will never find a hair in the whirlpool/tub. its our home away from home and will be back many times.

Room Tip: ask the front desk what your needs are and they will help you, all rooms are nice some just need a l...
Green Features: They recycle, and believe in keeping the are clean especially the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Greenfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Even though we asked for Unit 28, we received unit 29. We had 7 in our party. The larger furniture and sitting options in unit 28 would have been nice to have. (5 in our party were over 50) Especially for the older member (80+) in our party. But we made due by bringing in the outside furniture inside to actually have more chair options rather than just the benches with no back support.

Other than that, the stay was ok. Wifi was on the slow side and there were periods of time when we couldn't connect. The cabin was comfortably warm and it was nice and quiet. We enjoyed the quiet and being away from the crowds at the big resorts in the area. There was a bed in the upstairs loft that squeaked every time someone moved and unlike the photographed options of Unit 28, the only tv option for most of us was the living room tv as the two back bedrooms did not have any tv options.

The unit itself was clean and aesthetically pleasing and everything that we needed to cook with was available. I would suggest that if anyone is wanting to really cook in the unit, bring your own measuring devices (measuring cups or spoons) as none were available.

Room Tip: Unit 29 bed in loft squeaks pretty badly. I went to cook some oatmeal for breakfast and realized th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Cedar Lodge & Settlement? Share your experiences!