“Good clean fun” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 77 hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Crown Point, Indiana
“Good clean fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Nice clean room. The rooms have log walls, which you'd expect to make the room dark, but the lighting was good. Bathrooms clean. Staff very friendly. The beds sag, but the linens were nice and crisp and the quilts were clean.

Room Tip: Get a room with a kitchenette!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

351 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

we have stayed here many times, I lost count. we are frequent guests. we love it here so cozy in the winter, we love to grill out and eat here. we just love the people that work there so friendly I feel like they are Family.we have stayed in several different rooms and they are nicely decorated, if the river has open water you can watch ducks and oh my gosh the Eagles are fun to watch. They even have wine available if you run out and all you have to do is walk to the office. The only small problem is this time they didn't have wine glasses in the room, or Kleenex in the bathroom, small problem though.we stayed in #4 this time and eventually the wall paper that is peeling will need replacing and a new mattress on the bed. This resort is always so very clean you will never find a hair in the whirlpool/tub. its our home away from home and will be back many times.

Room Tip: ask the front desk what your needs are and they will help you, all rooms are nice some just need a l...
Green Features: They recycle, and believe in keeping the are clean especially the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Greenfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

Even though we asked for Unit 28, we received unit 29. We had 7 in our party. The larger furniture and sitting options in unit 28 would have been nice to have. (5 in our party were over 50) Especially for the older member (80+) in our party. But we made due by bringing in the outside furniture inside to actually have more chair options rather than just the benches with no back support.

Other than that, the stay was ok. Wifi was on the slow side and there were periods of time when we couldn't connect. The cabin was comfortably warm and it was nice and quiet. We enjoyed the quiet and being away from the crowds at the big resorts in the area. There was a bed in the upstairs loft that squeaked every time someone moved and unlike the photographed options of Unit 28, the only tv option for most of us was the living room tv as the two back bedrooms did not have any tv options.

The unit itself was clean and aesthetically pleasing and everything that we needed to cook with was available. I would suggest that if anyone is wanting to really cook in the unit, bring your own measuring devices (measuring cups or spoons) as none were available.

Room Tip: Unit 29 bed in loft squeaks pretty badly. I went to cook some oatmeal for breakfast and realized th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I want to start this review by saying that I really wanted to give this location 5 stars, I just am really frustrated by the person who was working when I called.

The reason we were making this trip to the dells was to go snowboarding at cascade and I saw the deal online for this hotel so I called and asked once about the deal and if it was for Cascade and the woman working the front desk informed me you get lift tickets. I called and asked a question once more specifically about Cascade and she said yes so I booked. She was super friendly and helpful, but once I checked in and they handed me Christmas Mountain lift tickets, I was not happy. I would have gone snowboarding closer to my house considering that mountain is not very big.

So anyway, The man working at the office was very friendly and helpful with telling us everything about the hotel and surrounding area. I loved the property and location. We were probably 1 of 4 people staying there at this time of the year so it was very quiet and nice. The room was nice and warm when we got there. The bed was huge and very comfortable. I really liked the rugs that they had too. Everything was very clean and I was really happy with the hotel overall. The balcony overlooking the river was great. I didn't read the booklet until after so we thought that there was no hair dryer, but you just have to ask for one in the office. We were in #14.

We also got Chula Vista water park passes which was nice so we used those. The one other thing that was frustrating was that house cleaning came at 9:30am. I understand lots of people get up early, but me and my boyfriend are all about sleeping in late especially on vacation so we were a little annoyed by this. Maybe the hotel could get some do not disturb signs for the people that like to sleep a bit later. The house cleaning does do a great job though.

I would love to stay again maybe if the hotel offered something to us since it was not listening right on their part and that was the real reason we had gone on this trip and were pretty bummed out because we didn't want to waste the free lift tickets we had and spend another $100 on top of our trip to go to Cascade instead then.

Room Tip: the upstairs room in the middle have the best view of the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Waukegan, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Again we had our extended famiily Christmas at Cedar Lodge. I believe this is our third time staying here and we plan on making it our "go to place" for our summer and Christmas get-togethers. Granted in the winter here is no pool or hot tub available but they do give you passes to the Chula Vista Waterpark. Remember that if you have a large group like we do you can rent the party room which is great.

Green Features: I'd still like to see recycling done at the Lodge.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review Cedar Lodge. We appreciate the kind words. Family vacations are memories that last a life time and we're happy you chose to make those memories here at the lodge. We look forward to seeing you again this summer. Chris-
Pittsville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We chose this hotel based on a recommendation from a friend. My husband is playing softball at Chula Vista, so we came down and stayed for a long weekend. When we got here, we were greeted quickly at the office by a very nice gentleman, who explained everything we needed to know about the resort. When we got to our room, we were so pleased. It was clean, cozy, beautiful, and so much more than what we had expected! Our room overlooks the river, and we have a beautiful fireplace. I could not have asked for more! This is our first weekend away after getting married a little over a month ago, and it has been so relaxing and perfect. I almost forget we are here because of a softball tournament! :) I would recommend this place to everyone, and will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review Cedar Lodge. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing getaway. The view of the river this time of year is amazing. Morning coffee next to the fireplace over looking the river is a great way to start the day. We're glad you enjoyed the accommodations and congratulations on getting married. Hope your husband did well in the softball tournament and we look forward to welcoming you back again sometime soon. Chris-
Edgerton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

We are back at cedar lodge again for a holiday vacation. This place is the best place to stay in the Dells. They are always so nice and accommodating for whatever you need and offer suggestions on things to do. I would as always recommend this as a great place to stay while at the Dells. We love it and will keep coming back!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
dellmanager, Manager at Cedar Lodge & Settlement, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review Cedar Lodge and for choosing us as your destination for the Thanksgiving holiday. We love having you and your family here to stay with us. It was a pleasure talking with you and your daughter on your last visit. We appreciate the strong endorsement and look forward to welcoming you back next year. Chris-

Been to Cedar Lodge & Settlement? Share your experiences!