“A Gem in the Dells” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“A Gem in the Dells”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Great place for the family. We stood there for 3 nights and my family loved it. We had to call staff for minor details. But the staff were very deligent to address every issue. Stood in the Great Villa #6. It was awesome. Had everything we needed. The grill on deck was a blessing because we grilled all our meals there; which saved us alot of money. The beach and the pool were perfect. Had some time to fish with my girls..oh I caught a trout right off the beach late at night. If you're looking for a place where you will feel taken care of, great service and outdoor experience; Cedar Lodge is the place to be. Ask for Angie...she works at the office. She is great. I will return next year God willing.....Thanks Cedar Lodge.

Daddy with the three girls.

Room Tip: Book Early
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Marshfield, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My fiance and I stayed at cedar lodge in July and absolutely loved it! The service was very good and the people were very friendly. They answered all of our questions and were very helpful. I have never had such an enjoyable experience. It seemed like they enjoyed their job and werent just in it for the money. I would recommend this place to anyone. I plan to come back for my family reunion.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Cedar Lodge was exactly what we were looking for. It had a sandy beach and bonfire with ample grills. The location wasn't too far from any of the attractions but just far enough away to make it peaceful. The staff was great. We only had one complaint; the neighbors who have a house next door to the property and seem to have a fireworks fetish. Some guests at the hotel must not have seen the private property sign on the beach, and decided to build their own bonfire on the neighbor's property. The homeowners, in return, decided the best thing to do was to aim fireworks at them. That didn't affect us directly, but the next night, they decided to put on a half hour long fireworks show at 2:00 am. Very frustrating. In short, beware of the neighbors!

Saginaw, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

Wonderful quiet place. It was beautiful and relaxing, staff is very friendly. The peacefulness of waking up and having your coffee on the deck while watching the river was perfect. A nice change looking out my window and not seeing a mass of concrete or expressway. Tucked away in the woods but just 3 minutes away from civilization.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We were looking for accomodations that were not directly on the tourist strip and are glad we found Cedar Lodge. The property is on the Wisconsin River between the upper and lower dells and most rooms have a river view. There is a beach and a nightly campfire. Our room had a small kitchenette, fireplace and a nice sized balcony with a small picnic table. Also the usual amenities like TV and pool. We were eligible for daily access to one of the waterparks as part of the price of our stay, but never used it. You wash your own dishes and take out your own trash so it feels a bit like cabin-camping but they will bring fresh towels and make the beds if you leave your drapes open. Quiet, clean, comfortable but not fancy. Essentially, just what we were looking for.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I think the stars were just against us during our stay at Cedar Lodge. The stunning river view and beach access, the rustic log building and furnishings and the terrific pool were all big pluses for us. Our room was very dark even with all the lights on and there was very little room for our luggage. The "closet" area and hangars were inaccessible because the mini-fridge, microwave and coffee machine were stacked under them. I understood we would have a kitchenette but that turned out not to be the case. Maybe I misunderstood. My husband (not a heavy man) sat on our bed and it collapsed. The staff did repair it promptly and it broke again the following night. The mattresses had a 3-inch thick foam pad on top that was very uncomfortable. It will smother you if you are a stomach sleeper and it is very hot. Coffee machine did not work. Air mattress for our kids leaked -- and no, they weren't jumping on it. The mattress was replaced right away. Soap and shampoo dispensers on the wall of the bathroom and advertising placards on the inside of the bathroom door gave the feel of a public restroom. The soap dispenser on the wall of the shower fell off and no one in our family even used it since we byo on the soap. (The staff told us this happens a lot.) Much of the furniture and fixtures needed dusting and the carpet needed to be replaced. Apparently these are individually owned condo units so it's possible every unit is very different from what we experienced. I have to say the staff were very courteous and helpful but it would have been nice to have the front desk area open before 9:00 a.m. so we could get ice and after 9:00 p.m. Because of the great location and ambiance, we might come back, but I would ask a lot of specific questions about my assigned room before booking. This was the most expensive room of our epic 10-hotel driving adventure and it had the most problems.

Room Tip: Units 22 through 25 are in a separate building that appears to have more complete amenities. I'...
Minooka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

There are not enough great things that I can say about this place. I actually found them through Tripadvisor. My children (ages 5 & 2), my parents, and myself just returned. The pool was perfect for my kids because it only went up to 4 feet.
The scenery is breathtaking. The employees are so helpful and friendly. I almost didn't want to leave a shining review because I want to keep this hidden jewel to myself. We are going back in March for my daughter's cheerleading competition and hopefully next summer my husband will be able to come with us.

Room Tip: Get a riverview room. Coffee on your private or semi-private deck in the morning is amazing.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Cedar Lodge & Settlement? Share your experiences!