“Perfect place for the little ones.” 5 of 5 stars

Alakai Hotel and Suites
1030 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #31 of 79 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Fox Lake, Illinois
“Perfect place for the little ones.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We have now been to the Alakai hotel and we just love it. It is perfect for our little ones to play in the pools and enjoy the family experience. We have tried the other water resorts and we enjoy the fact we can enjoy our time without getting run over and splashed by unattended children. My boys love it and we save money to do all the the other attractions the Dells have to offer. We will be back for years to come.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations it was super clean and by that I mean spotless. It was very comfortable and the pools were lots of fun. I loved that it was far from all the chaos. My family and I would definitely come back and stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chisinau, Chisinau, Moldova
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Planned on staying only 1 night and stayed 4 nights. This hotel is very clean, rooms are very comfortable and the pools are lots of fun. We planned on going to the large waterparks but after driving by them decided to go back to the Alakai. My children 8, 10 & 13 had so much fun in their outdoor pool. This is the perfect hotel for any vacation getaway.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Racine, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel was absolutely horrible! The few pictures they show online are not accurate. We walked in and our room was an ordinary room with stagnant, out of date overtones. The price is far too much for what you're actually getting here.

My real absolutely flooring issue with this place was after we went swimming in the outdoor pool that just so happened to be freezing, I decided to go sit in the indoor hot tub. My eyes had begun to water due to the over abundance of unnecessary chemicals in the hot tub. When I stood up to get out, my husband gasped and told me the entire backside of my swimsuit was now a see through mesh suit! In other words, I now was showing my backside to everyone at the pool. Horrified and mad that I now no longer have a suit for the remainder of my vacation, I went and complained to the front desk. Clearly between the water pressure and ALL of the chemicals ate through my expensive swim suit! I spoke to the woman at the desk, rather than apologetic she was rude and said it was my swim suit. What? are you kidding me? How ridiculous. We travel a lot and I have never had an issue like this. I purchase high end, quality swimsuits. Regardless, if this was my place of business, I would have done what I could have to rectify the situation rather than create an argument and upset the customer even more. The kicker is, after this woman upset me so much I asked for the manager. SHE TOLD ME SHE WAS THE OWNER. We checked out and found another hotel with kind, customer friendly practices. I would never ever recommend this place. They are so rude and should NOT be in the hotel industry. If you stay here, you better hope you don't have an issue their philosophy is "too bad, so sad".

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else! Horrible, horrible!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Belleville, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Every time you go to the Alakai the staff is friendly, the rooms are immaculate, and the prices are the best around. My son loves the kid pool and its a wonderful environment! If you are looking for a wonderful get away this is the place to be! The family owned business shines above the other hotels in the Dells through their service and smile! Book today!

New Lenox, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Booked this room after being at a crappy hotel the night before. The hubby & I both loved it. Room was clean, nicely set up, staff was wonderful. Loved it. I will definitely stay here again next visit. Indoor & outdoor pools, hottub, close to Highway, about 5 miles to downtown. LOVED IT!

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just got back from another weekend getaway. Had a GREAT time as usual. The kids had a blast in the pools just as much as we did. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The fridge and microwave are always a plus. Always a plus to have kids channels available too. Thank you to the owners for keeping such a clean and inviting atmosphere. Kids are already asking when we are going back. Karen Juan and boys

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Alakai Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!