“Worst hotel I've ever stayed at!” 1 of 5 stars

Alakai Hotel and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1030 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy., Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965   |
Ranked #32 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Racine, Wisconsin
“Worst hotel I've ever stayed at!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel was absolutely horrible! The few pictures they show online are not accurate. We walked in and our room was an ordinary room with stagnant, out of date overtones. The price is far too much for what you're actually getting here.

My real absolutely flooring issue with this place was after we went swimming in the outdoor pool that just so happened to be freezing, I decided to go sit in the indoor hot tub. My eyes had begun to water due to the over abundance of unnecessary chemicals in the hot tub. When I stood up to get out, my husband gasped and told me the entire backside of my swimsuit was now a see through mesh suit! In other words, I now was showing my backside to everyone at the pool. Horrified and mad that I now no longer have a suit for the remainder of my vacation, I went and complained to the front desk. Clearly between the water pressure and ALL of the chemicals ate through my expensive swim suit! I spoke to the woman at the desk, rather than apologetic she was rude and said it was my swim suit. What? are you kidding me? How ridiculous. We travel a lot and I have never had an issue like this. I purchase high end, quality swimsuits. Regardless, if this was my place of business, I would have done what I could have to rectify the situation rather than create an argument and upset the customer even more. The kicker is, after this woman upset me so much I asked for the manager. SHE TOLD ME SHE WAS THE OWNER. We checked out and found another hotel with kind, customer friendly practices. I would never ever recommend this place. They are so rude and should NOT be in the hotel industry. If you stay here, you better hope you don't have an issue their philosophy is "too bad, so sad".

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else! Horrible, horrible!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Belleville, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Every time you go to the Alakai the staff is friendly, the rooms are immaculate, and the prices are the best around. My son loves the kid pool and its a wonderful environment! If you are looking for a wonderful get away this is the place to be! The family owned business shines above the other hotels in the Dells through their service and smile! Book today!

New Lenox, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Booked this room after being at a crappy hotel the night before. The hubby & I both loved it. Room was clean, nicely set up, staff was wonderful. Loved it. I will definitely stay here again next visit. Indoor & outdoor pools, hottub, close to Highway, about 5 miles to downtown. LOVED IT!

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just got back from another weekend getaway. Had a GREAT time as usual. The kids had a blast in the pools just as much as we did. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. The fridge and microwave are always a plus. Always a plus to have kids channels available too. Thank you to the owners for keeping such a clean and inviting atmosphere. Kids are already asking when we are going back. Karen Juan and boys

Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

another wonderful experience. I can always depend on this hotel. It is ALWAYS clean and the owners are very friendly and accommodating. My husband and I take our grandsons, they enjoy the pools, and we don't have to worry about them like in the larger water park hotels. This place is PERFECT. They have the big pool and the kids pool area with two water slides, plus the outside pool. They do offer wristbands to go to the waterpark, but we find we have just as much fun with the pools at this hotel, no need for us to go anywhere else!!!! Joann & Ken

Room Tip: we love adjoining rooms, we keep the doors open so the grandkids can come between their parents room...
Homer Glen, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

When your looking for that special place away from home in the Dells, Alakai is the spot. It all starts outside when pulling into the lot, everything from there to the brick on the building is spotless. The trend continues when you walk through the front door, the atmosphere is clean and fresh. Staff is unbelievably friendly and knowledgeable of the Dells area. Rooms were VERY CLEAN, Beds were COMFORTABLE, and best of all NO FUNKY ODORS. Pool areas were well maintained and water was crystal clear. All the comforts of home all at an AFFORDABLE PRICE.. Definitely staying there in the future...(Tony, Traci, & Jake)

Bacau, Bacau, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I enjoy my stay there and I found the service very good and the lady from there was very kind. Me and my frends spend a good time there having fun on the pool, We like there because was very clean the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Alakai Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!